An Alabama Pastor's Epic Speech against Gay Marriage (Please finish drinking your beverage first)

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Now I will start off by saying that his views don't necessarily reflect mine, so save the "you're a bigot" or "you're a homophobe", "or where in the Bible does it say this, that or the other thing" posts. But you must admire the gall and the guts of a Birmingham Pastor named Cedric Hatcher for absolutely taking a taking a Town Hall meeting by storm, throwing political correctness to the wind to voice his mind on the topic of homosexuality.

I tell you what, hoss, Duracell didn't have no batteries on the shelf that morning.

"I know Alabama pay [sic] a lotta money yesterday. I know somebody else who paid a lotta money too: Duracell ain't got no batteries on the shelf this morning. All 'them batteries gone. I tried to find a battery for my radio this morning, couldn't find there [sic] nowhere. I said, "what happened?" They said, "Rev, them done bought all the batteries last night, they celebrated some kind of way, just bought all the batteries." I don't know what they do to batteries, but I mo preach.. I ain't going there. I don't know what they did with all them batteries."

-2:19 through 2:45

Last edited:
Christians need to get a grip. Fagots are here to stay, get used to it.

Christians are here to stay, too. Gay people must get used to that fact as well.
To be fair I don't hear fags bitching about christians or their lifestyles. Can't say the same thing from the opposite perspective

But, I hear them trying to justify their lifestyles with the Bible, while calling Christians bigots and homophobes in the same breath. So, how can one side complain about the religious oppression of their lifestyles while criticizing their beliefs in the same manner?

Why do we have to "admire his gall"? He's a hateful asshole - and if you didn't agree with him on at least some level, you wouldn't "admire" anything at all about him.

That's like saying we should "admire the gall" of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Christians are here to stay, too. Gay people must get used to that fact as well.
To be fair I don't hear fags bitching about christians or their lifestyles. Can't say the same thing from the opposite perspective

But, I hear them trying to justify their lifestyles with the Bible, while calling Christians bigots and homophobes in the same breath. So, how can one side complain about the religious oppression of their lifestyles while criticizing their beliefs in the same manner?

Those two things aren't contradictory.

Why do we have to "admire his gall"? He's a hateful asshole - and if you didn't agree with him on at least some level, you wouldn't "admire" anything at all about him.

So, he's automatically hateful for expressing his opinion? Why? And why would you compare him to Westboro? Do you know if he picketed dead soldier's funerals? I bet if you spoke to him he would disagree with their tactics.

You're about the fifth liberal to play the "hate" card against me today.

So...he likes to watch.

He didn't have a choice. So, should he have to change the way he had to travel simply because of men kissing each other clean on the mouth? There were no doubt other bystanders who had no choice, they saw it whether they wanted to or not.
Oh? Someone made him go there? Someone forced his head to point in their direction? Someone put toothpicks to prop open his eyelids? Do tell.

So, he's automatically hateful for expressing his opinion? Why? And why would you compare him to Westboro? Do you know if he picketed dead soldier's funerals? I bet if you spoke to him he would disagree with their tactics.

You're about the fifth liberal to play the "hate" card against me today.

Jesus Christ, dude. You're building quite the persecution complex aren't you. I didn't "play" any card against you, I responded to a thread you started. That's the point of a message board. I didn't call you "hateful". If you don't want people to respond, then you shouldn't start the thread.

He's "hateful" because the opinion that he is expressing is hate - and I compared him to the Westboro fuckheads because from my perspective, this guys "gall" that you admire so much is indistinguishable from the "gall" of the Westboro fuckheads.

Those two things aren't contradictory.

They are. If a gay person wants Christians to accept his lifestyle, he must strive to accept theirs. Otherwise, there will always be hatred between the two.

First, a gay person calls a Christian a bigot and a homophobe for being against their way of life. Then, they try to use the Bible to justify it. Next, they then ridicule the Christian for his beliefs and his way of life. So, how is that not contradictory?

You know, it's been three years since I left my home state. I still haven't been back, or even taken leave since getting on the bus to MEPS for final processing. I'm pretty fucking homesick at this point. I miss the foothills and the river. I miss the cotton fields and the pine trees. I miss catfish and greens and sweet tea. I damn sure don't miss the people...

Why do homos and the homo's supporters keep squawking about Westboro? There isn't a true Christian alive that takes that "church" serious

New Topics

Forum List

Back