An absence

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
There seems to be an absence of space based sci fi on TV these days. What happened? Did people lose interest? We had shows like these. I wish space shows would make a comeback!
next%20gen.jpg

-808f13b0-4975-4ee7-b292-78163f456aeb.jpeg

Battlestar-galactica-w.jpg

I liked the reboot of Battlestar Galactica...until it went off the rails on a bizarre drug-induced phantasm train. What the hell was that?

Generally "themed" TV shows go through cycles due to viewer interest, generally based on current events. We send someone to Mars, start building a gigantic space station where everyday people can live and work or the economy gets much better (for a while) and you'll see space themed shows return.
Right now people are worried about their pocketbook and the potential threat of terrorism.

There seems to be an absence of space based sci fi on TV these days. What happened? Did people lose interest? We had shows like these. I wish space shows would make a comeback!
next%20gen.jpg

-808f13b0-4975-4ee7-b292-78163f456aeb.jpeg

Battlestar-galactica-w.jpg

I was just thinking the exact same thing a couple of days ago. My favorite as a kid (like most other kids) was the original Star Trek. Later on, I became a fan of Babylon 5 and Firefly:

firefly_wallpaper_1152x864_2.jpg

Forum List

Back