Amnesty 4 HC votes

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Buying Votes for Health Care Bill With Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
WASHINGTON, March 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- President Obama, yesterday, succeeded in winning the Congressional Hispanic Caucus's endorsement of his health care reform legislation by pledging to push an overwhelmingly unpopular amnesty plan for millions of illegal aliens.

In this apparent quid pro quo, the president's promise to push amnesty in 2010 came just hours after members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus promised their support for the health care reform bill. The announcement also coincided with the release of an outline for amnesty legislation authored by Senators Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

According to the outline, illegal aliens would be required to admit that they broke the law, pay an unspecified fine for having settled illegally in the U.S., pay back taxes (which should have been paid anyway), and fulfill some minor civic requirements. In addition, the outline calls for increases in future immigration to the United States. The concrete benefits for the people who violated U.S. immigration laws are offset by vague promises of future immigration enforcement.

"The Schumer-Graham plan appears to be a near carbon copy of the McCain-Kennedy-Bush amnesty legislation that was resoundingly rejected by the American people in 2007," said Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

"The public believed amnesty was fundamentally unfair, harmful to the interests of law-abiding citizens and legal immigrants, and prohibitively expensive to American taxpayers. Since the last attempt to pass amnesty, U.S. unemployment has more than doubled, the size of the federal deficit has grown tenfold, and nearly every state government is facing a fiscal crisis."

they are marching on dc today "demanding" the citizenship they "deserve."

Obama has always had the Hispanic vote. Duh... Also, last I looked, illegals can't vote.

'Obama has always had the Hispanic vote. Duh... Also, last I looked, illegals can't vote.'

Really??? You can't prove that Obama has the hispanic vote - just as nobody can prove he has the black vote, the white vote, etc. Now, if you say he has the vote of the majority of AMERICANS, then it is a different issue. As for illegals NOT being able to vote, that has yet to be proven.

Buying Votes for Health Care Bill With Amnesty for Illegal Aliens
WASHINGTON, March 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- President Obama, yesterday, succeeded in winning the Congressional Hispanic Caucus's endorsement of his health care reform legislation by pledging to push an overwhelmingly unpopular amnesty plan for millions of illegal aliens.

In this apparent quid pro quo, the president's promise to push amnesty in 2010 came just hours after members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus promised their support for the health care reform bill. The announcement also coincided with the release of an outline for amnesty legislation authored by Senators Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

According to the outline, illegal aliens would be required to admit that they broke the law, pay an unspecified fine for having settled illegally in the U.S., pay back taxes (which should have been paid anyway), and fulfill some minor civic requirements. In addition, the outline calls for increases in future immigration to the United States. The concrete benefits for the people who violated U.S. immigration laws are offset by vague promises of future immigration enforcement.

"The Schumer-Graham plan appears to be a near carbon copy of the McCain-Kennedy-Bush amnesty legislation that was resoundingly rejected by the American people in 2007," said Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

"The public believed amnesty was fundamentally unfair, harmful to the interests of law-abiding citizens and legal immigrants, and prohibitively expensive to American taxpayers. Since the last attempt to pass amnesty, U.S. unemployment has more than doubled, the size of the federal deficit has grown tenfold, and nearly every state government is facing a fiscal crisis."

It appears that this has taken a day or two to come out. I heard about it on Thursday - I made a comment as an 'opinion' but that was before the media started to pick it up.

I'm connected. :eusa_whistle:

The Obama health plan and strategy has been on the table since January of 2009. NOTHING of any of this surprises me. It was a well thought out plan and strategic move. In other words - game playing. He plays the politicians on both sides of the isle like a fined tuned violin - as well as those who insist the man is the best thing since ice cream and apple pie./I]

Forum List

Back