Amish Mullets steal Beards by order of Mullet

L.K.Eder

unbannable non-troll
May 29, 2009
theartching thapphireth
Hair-cutting assaults, breakaway sect put glare on Amish community in Ohio - The Washington Post

image-271097-panoV9-rtdr.jpg

BERGHOLZ, Ohio — In an unusual public display of trouble among the traditionally guarded Amish, a breakaway group is accused of attacking mainstream members by cutting off their beards and hair, which carry spiritual significance in the faith.

Mullet denies ordering beard-cuttings but says he wouldn’t stop them.

Authorities in Jefferson County on Saturday arrested two of Mullet’s sons, 38-year-old Johnny Mullet and 26-year-old Lester Mullet, and another man from the community, 53-year-old Levi Miller, on burglary and kidnapping warrants out of nearby Holmes County, home to the world’s largest Amish community...
what a hairy mass, eh, mess.

I heard about this.....these guys break in and cut your beard for you and feel they're punishing you. I think looking at these guys a shave would be an improvement....but you can only polish a horse-dung so much....it's still poop.

It has been a harrowing situation for the Amish. And possibly a red herring if you know all the facts.

Fred the sheriff, has had a strong dislike for Sam and the Amish in general for a very long time. Sam the A man, is an irascible unpleasant person, who has nothing by disdain for the rest of us. But this was a church/ family matter until Fred found out about it. He was able to talk the baldies into pressing charges, and as soon as they did, Fred took it to the federal hate crime level. Not something the members of Sam's family agreed to. The "so called" evidence that was permitted into the court record made my jaw drop, and had nothing to do with the hair cutting charges.
Hair cutting in the Amish religion is part of their dogma. But those that got their hair cut moved from here and started a new sect. Sam should have minded his own business. And yet they still were his business according to their own church laws.
In any case, it has caused a lot of hardship to the Amish here that I hope is not.........permanent.

It has been a harrowing situation for the Amish. And possibly a red herring if you know all the facts.

Fred the sheriff, has had a strong dislike for Sam and the Amish in general for a very long time. Sam the A man, is an irascible unpleasant person, who has nothing by disdain for the rest of us. But this was a church/ family matter until Fred found out about it. He was able to talk the baldies into pressing charges, and as soon as they did, Fred took it to the federal hate crime level. Not something the members of Sam's family agreed to. The "so called" evidence that was permitted into the court record made my jaw drop, and had nothing to do with the hair cutting charges.
Hair cutting in the Amish religion is part of their dogma. But those that got their hair cut moved from here and started a new sect. Sam should have minded his own business. And yet they still were his business according to their own church laws.
In any case, it has caused a lot of hardship to the Amish here that I hope is not.........permanent.

You are Amish? I thought you weren't allowed to use computers. :eusa_eh:

Hair-cutting assaults, breakaway sect put glare on Amish community in Ohio - The Washington Post

image-271097-panoV9-rtdr.jpg

BERGHOLZ, Ohio — In an unusual public display of trouble among the traditionally guarded Amish, a breakaway group is accused of attacking mainstream members by cutting off their beards and hair, which carry spiritual significance in the faith.

Mullet denies ordering beard-cuttings but says he wouldn’t stop them.

Authorities in Jefferson County on Saturday arrested two of Mullet’s sons, 38-year-old Johnny Mullet and 26-year-old Lester Mullet, and another man from the community, 53-year-old Levi Miller, on burglary and kidnapping warrants out of nearby Holmes County, home to the world’s largest Amish community...
what a hairy mass, eh, mess.

I know they think cutting their hair is punishment but after looking at the guy with glasses, I'm thinkin going through life with a bad bowl cut is a worse punishment. Did he let a three year old cut those bangs or what?

You are Amish? I thought you weren't allowed to use computers. :eusa_eh:

I wouldn't last 5 minutes as an Amish girl. Sam lives around the bend from my house. I wave to him and say "Hi Sam" when I'm out riding my horse, and he looks at me like he wishes he could cut my hair.

New Topics

Forum List

Back