Amid homicide surge, there’s been a dramatic rise in Philadelphians legally carrying guns

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — After Danielle Dupri’s home in Frankford was broken into a few times, she decided to buy a gun.
Now, she carries it wherever she goes.
“At the time I was a single mother, so being able to protect myself and my kids was everything to me,” Dupri said.
As a young boy growing up in Detroit, Michael Hall grew up with firearms in the house, and his father trained him to shoot when he was seven years old. Now living in West Philadelphia, he has a license to carry and others in his family have weapons as well.

“When you have a lot of crime people have to protect themselves, and I think that’s what you’re seeing, people just have to protect themselves,” Hall said.

Tiffany Washington, a social worker raised in North Philly, legally bought a gun because her neighborhood was “really rough.” She has since moved to Montgomery County, but still carries her weapon to work in the city.

Amid the city’s dramatic surge in gun violence – with this year’s homicide total set on pace with last year’s record high – many more city residents have been making similar decisions and many city residents are taking matters of protection into their own hands.

Amid homicide surge, there’s been a dramatic rise in Philadelphians legally carrying guns

The rate of justifiable homicides is also way up there.

What choice do they have? All the innocent poor people in Democrat cities are in a war zone. Just like the Ukrainians, when you are under attack you can either arm yourself or be slaughtered.

Same thing happened here after the stabbing attacks IS did. best defense against a knife armed attacker is a handgun.

Forum List

Back