America's real plague-higher education.

You are threatened by them, I see.

You should be, brick and mortar "old education" is obsolete, and we ALL know it.

Covid really exposes how worthless the old model of higher education really is.

You attack the enemy you fear, but the situation is no different in the horse and buggy schools.

You are threatened by them, I see.

Time to get your glasses checked.

No need, it's crystal clear.

You're no different than those who attack Walmart or Amazon. UOPX threatens your pocket book so you slander and libel them.

I note the first link you gave flat out lied that UOPX is not accredited.

{

Institutional Accreditation

University of Phoenix has been continually accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), hlcommission.org and its predecessor, since 1978.

Programmatic Accreditation
Programmatic or specialized accreditation represents an additional level of external peer evaluation and quality assurance that applies to specific programs within an institution. The focus of programmatic accreditation is on the curriculum for a specific program(s) and how it leads to professional practice. With programmatic accreditation, the quality of the programs are regularly benchmarked against specific criteria that prepare students for the industry of choice. Employers and students can trust that the program of study meets quality standards set by the profession.
See below for University of Phoenix degree programs that have received programmatic accreditation.

Business Accreditation
acbsp-accredited.png

The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) has accredited the following programs in the School of Business:
  • Associate of Arts with a concentration in Accounting Fundamentals
  • Associate of Arts with a concentration in Business Fundamentals
  • Bachelor of Science in Accounting
  • Bachelor of Science in Business
  • Master of Business Administration
  • Master of Management
  • Master of Science in Accountancy
  • Doctor of Business Administration
  • Doctor of Management

For additional information, please visit acbsp.org.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
11520 West 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66213

Healthcare Accreditation
CAHME-Logo-Tag-RGB.png

The Master of Health Administration (MHA) program is programmatically accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).

Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
6110 Executive Blvd, Suite 614
Rockville, MD 20852,
301-298-1820

Nursing Accreditation
ccne-accredited.png

The Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the Master of Science in Nursing programs at the University of Phoenix are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.

Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001,
202-887-6791

Counseling Accreditation
cacrep-logo.png

The Master of Science in Counseling program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the Arizona and Utah Campuses are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP®).

For additional information, please visit cacrep.org.
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
1001 North Fairfax Street,
Suite 510
Alexandria, VA 22314

The following program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), a specialized accrediting body. Following a merger of accreditors, NCATE accreditation is administered by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
  • The Master of Science in Counseling/School Counseling at Utah Campus
For additional information, please visit caepnet.org.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
1140 19th St NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036

Education Accreditation
The following programs offered by the College of Education are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), a specialized accrediting body. Following a merger of accreditors, NCATE accreditation is administered by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).

The following programs are accredited at the Hawaii Campus:
  • Bachelor of Science in Education/Elementary Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Secondary Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Special Education

The following programs are accredited at the Utah Campus:
  • Bachelor of Science in Education/Elementary Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Elementary Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Secondary Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Special Education
  • Master of Arts in Education/Administration and Supervision

For additional information, please visit caepnet.org.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
1140 19th St NW, Suite 400
Washington,}

On the contrary, if all this covid shit has proven anything, it's that remote learning is far inferior to learning in person.

For very young children, yes. A 5 year old can't focus on a computer and lacks self-discipline.

Quite the opposite in higher learning.

The moron with the man bun who has his teaching assistants lecture offers nothing to the students.

What you should REALLY fear is when people start to grasp that;

Is equal to the education you get from the horse and buggy schools OR the new era on-line schools.

Your guesses are "crystal clear"? I teach at a high school, and tutor students of all ages, including many college students. Among other things.

Your guesses are "crystal clear"? I teach at a high school, and tutor students of all ages, including many college students. Among other things.

You didn't actually read the article you cited, did you? It in fact supports my claim...

You try to force the conversation to college only, then you mention Khan Academy? You realize that is used mostly by high school kids to supplement test prep and such? It's a good resource for kids motivated to use it.

You didn't actually read the article you cited, did you? It in fact supports my claim...

It in no way supports your breathless hysteria. When this pandemic crisis finally passes, watch what happens.

On the contrary, if all this covid shit has proven anything, it's that remote learning is far inferior to learning in person.

For very young children, yes. A 5 year old can't focus on a computer and lacks self-discipline.

You're still guessing, and still wrong.

And yet the source YOU cited supports my position.

Here is yet another opinion;

{

Many make the mistake of assuming that an online class will be easier than one taken in a traditional classroom. Often online instructors assign more reading materials than required in a regular classroom to ensure that students are engaged. Motivation is key to an online student’s success as is his ability to reach out to both instructors and fellow students using software such as Blackboard.

That software program seamlessly integrates social media, making it possible to create online communities that are course specific. Blogs, tweets, podcasts, webcasts, online chats, discussion boards, and virtual study jams are all part of the online mix. Success in an online course often depends on how connected a student feels to his instructor and fellow students.

I believe that online learning has the potential to revolutionize higher education. Students will be able to learn at their own pace and problems as simple as finding a place to park on campus will be eliminated. Public colleges and universities simply cannot build new facilities to accommodate all those who need credits in higher education. In addition, credit hours taken online particularly at a community college are often less expensive. It therefore makes good financial sense for a student to take core courses online at a community college and then transfer those credits to a four year institution.
}

(I Know Huffy isn't a valid source, but the author makes good points.)

You try to force the conversation to college only, then you mention Khan Academy? You realize that is used mostly by high school kids to supplement test prep and such? It's a good resource for kids motivated to use it.

Khan Academy serves all levels of education, from elementary to post graduate.

Do at least a modicum of research before you knee jerk into your routine of slander.

I understand that this is all a threat to the hegemony of entrenched educrats.

Further, Khan or University of Phoenix are not the issue, they are simply examples of a shift in learning that you rightly fear. You truly are the horse salesman screaming that horseless carriages will kill us all.

Last edited:

You're still guessing, and still wrong.

And yet the source YOU cited supports my position.

I should have known that a reasonable, balanced examination wouldn't get through your current hysteria. The vast majority of my students, high school and college, indicate a very strong preference for in-person learning. How about all the students you teach? What do they tell you?

Khan Academy serves all levels of education, from elementary to post graduate.

I told you about who actually uses it most. This comes from a great deal of personal experience. Pay attention.

Further, Khan or University of Phoenix are not the issue, they are simply examples of a shift in learning that you rightly fear. You truly are the horse salesman screaming that horseless carriages will kill us all.

You've mentioned fear several times now. Just what is it you think I'm afraid of?

Change.

As a scientist who designs complex systems, I am an agent of change. I disrupt and challenge every assumption in order to effect greater efficiency in processes.

As an old guard educator, you are a guardian of dogma, convinced that what you teach is immutable and unchangeable truth. It is your nature to resist change. It is your profession to reject change.

It is my profession to facilitate change, to shake up the status quo.

You've mentioned fear several times now. Just what is it you think I'm afraid of?

Change.

What change? I've always worked in various educational contexts. I've done some form of remote learning (in addition to traditional learning) for almost 20 years. You're lashing out blindly here.

As an old guard educator, you are a guardian of dogma, convinced that what you teach is immutable and unchangeable truth. It is your nature to resist change. It is your profession to reject change.

You really need to ask more questions and make fewer ridiculous assumptions. You're making yourself look like a buffoon at this point.

Forum List

Back