America's Poorest White Town

Flacaltenn shut the fuck up until you can talk about the impact of racist public policy decisions made by whites. You have been consistently shown that whites don't face anything near what blacks do.

I know all about the HISTORICAL IMPACT of racism and bias. Not every topic we get into is REALLY about repeating just that. Especially when the topic is about white people stranded in poverty and making poor decisions. Not entirely their fault either -- was it?

I know all about the HISTORICAL IMPACT of racism and bias. Not every topic we get into is REALLY about repeating just that. Especially when the topic is about white people stranded in poverty and making poor decisions. Not entirely their fault either -- was it?
Apparently you don't. But that impact involves TODAY AND RIGHT NOW.

When the system has provided your race preferences at the exclusion of others and yet they still can't make it, then you can look at choices. But you and other whites avoid or deny what happens to those who have been excluded as well as continued public policy decisions that negatively impacts those communities. More blacks are going to college than ever before but no matter how low unemployment gets nationally, blacks have double the rate. This is not because blacks don't want to work, lack the qualification, or wear dreadlocks at interviews. It is simply time right wing whites stopped making excuses. Period.

Blacks dont make choices? Never make bad ones? That's front page news. Do they walk on walk on water as well?

Whites face bias.
But it's NOT racial bias. There can be people who are biased against them for being poor, or what some whites consider "poor white trash". Isn't that behavior based and has to do with classlessness?

There can be people who are biased against them if they are convicts or have been convicted of particular crimes.

Having grown up in the wrong neighborhoods, to a family with a bad name or reputation.

But I'm fairly certain that no where are you going to find laws written to specifically single out and ostracize, punish more harshly white people or even a subset of white people and no one else like they passed for black people.

So if all else were actually equal and there had never been any laws in the United States that stated that black people were inferior to white people and then other laws to enforce that white supremacist belief, then you would be able to say that we each succeed or fail by our own doings or failings.' This is NOT the case however and considering that the laws have only been rescinded for about 20% of the time that the United States has been in existence, it is not reasonable to expect that kind of damage to be undone already.

There is a news story on a shooting at a Buffalo New York market in which ten people lost their lives because the gunman allegedly left a manifesto in which he states he's a 18 year old white supremacist.

Before I knew anything about the shooter and amid all of the snide remarks "let me guess" referring to his racial stats, I remember thinking "there are a lot of unhappy people in America" without being willing to speculate further.

An 18 year old white male has NEVER lived in a version of our country where he had any rights of dominion over anyone of the black race but he apparently heard about about the glory days of the white race and doesn't want to see it come to an end.

How can you with a straight face tell any black person that racism in the United States no longer exists, which is what we, the black people on this message board are told daily.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
More blacks are going to college than ever before but no matter how low unemployment gets nationally, blacks have double the rate. This is not because blacks don't want to work, lack the qualification, or wear dreadlocks at interviews. It is simply time right wing whites stopped making excuses. Period.

I know the blacks that choose STEM careers are really cruisin' into the cushy "white" life. What are the others who DONT do Science/Med/Engineering/Law studying? Are they ALL COMPETING for the same HRelations jobs? Maybe DEI position? Maybe social work?

Dont get me wrong. Those are important necessary positions. And they all get filled 100%. But those jobs in cities/corporations are NOT EXPANDING with the growth of the city or the company.

We should find that out. Maybe post a thread about it.

But it's NOT racial bias. There can be people who are biased against them for being poor, or what some whites consider "poor white trash". Isn't that behavior based and has to do with classlessness?

There can be people who are biased against them if they are convicts or have been convicted of particular crimes.

Having grown up in the wrong neighborhoods, to a family with a bad name or reputation.

But I'm fairly certain that no where are you going to find laws written to specifically single out and ostracize, punish more harshly white people or even a subset of white people and no one else like they passed for black people.

So if all else were actually equal and there had never been any laws in the United States that stated that black people were inferior to white people and then other laws to enforce that white supremacist belief, then you would be able to say that we each succeed or fail by our own doings or failings.' This is NOT the case however and considering that the laws have only been rescinded for about 20% of the time that the United States has been in existence, it is not reasonable to expect that kind of damage to be undone already.

There is a news story on a shooting at a Buffalo New York market in which ten people lost their lives because the gunman allegedly left a manifesto in which he states he's a 18 year old white supremacist.

Before I knew anything about the shooter and amid all of the snide remarks "let me guess" referring to his racial stats, I remember thinking "there are a lot of unhappy people in America" without being willing to speculate further.

An 18 year old white male has NEVER lived in a version of our country where he had any rights of dominion over anyone of the black race but he apparently heard about about the glory days of the white race and doesn't want to see it come to an end.

How can you with a straight face tell any black person that racism in the United States no longer exists, which is what we, the black people on this message board are told daily.
He gaslights without shame.

Lisa558
"I wish I may, I wish I might, dear God make Newsvine_Mariyam inferior to me tonight. Amen"

Wow, I was told that you were really upset by my calling you evil, I just didn't see it, I guess I was mistaken.

I was also told that you had some kind of meltdown because you went to a mall and in your opinion there were too many black people being depicted in the store ads and window marketing displays? You know who else complains about "too many darkies" being in places where they shouldn't be because those places are reserved for white people? White racists.

I called you evil for deliberately making false statements about black people. You know they're false because you've been informed and documentation supplied to you proving their falsehood and you insist on deliberating spreading lies about us, lies that can cause irreparable harm if acted upon by certain people.

You don't want to be called evil then be like Google, "Don't Be Evil". Although on second thought, well never mind...

Where is Ray Lisa? He owes ME an apology twice over.

Of course -- but neck tatoos and a drug history will CAUSE bias. It's still bias. And you're here creating an AWARENESS of "white trash" which is FINE -- but to me CLASS bias is really bigger for black and white today than skin color. It's just as lethal to a person as HISTORICAL racial bias.

When neighborhoods get torn down for "re-developement or eminent domain" NO race is safe if they are "lower class".

So if all else were actually equal and there had never been any laws in the United States that stated that black people were inferior to white people and then other laws to enforce that white supremacist belief, then you would be able to say that we each succeed or fail by our own doings or failings.'

We both work to embarrass "racial supremacists". I've done my share. They WHITE ONES dont give a flying fizz about the 3/5ths decision or SCOTUS cases. They cite OTHER WHITE supremacists with conspiracy science about DNA and IQ and prevalence to stupidity and violence. These are NOT history buffs -- except that they revel in KKK legends and such.

So -- I'm having a hard time seeing how the OBVIOUS CRAPPY history of govt racism has inspired racists TODAY.. It's there to remind all of us about the sins of the past. But I've never debated a skin head who starts using Brown vs Board of Ed as PROOF of racial inferiority.

These mental midgets --- dont need no stinkin' law or facts. And they largely are -- incapable of knowing or analyzing our country's racial history.

I know the blacks that choose STEM careers are really cruisin' into the cushy "white" life. What are the others who DONT do Science/Med/Engineering/Law studying? Are they ALL COMPETING for the same HRelations jobs? Maybe DEI position? Maybe social work?

Dont get me wrong. Those are important necessary positions. And they all get filled 100%. But those jobs in cities/corporations are NOT EXPANDING with the growth of the city or the company.

We should find that out. Maybe post a thread about it.
No you don't know that.

"Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education."
- Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

Kokoyachuck found that blacks and Hispanics with college degrees were paid less than whites and Asians with comparable education. His study showed that blacks and Hispanics who graduated in S.T.E.M majors earned less than whites and Asians with degrees in those same majors.

"Even when Blacks and Hispanics go the extra mile and earn professional degrees, their incomes still don’t break six figures. Whites and Asians, however, double their incomes by earning professional degrees, allowing them to make well over $100,000 a year."

Flacaltenn, it is simply time you shut up and listened. We know what we are talking about. We are not looking for any reason to deny. We do not like having to post this stuff despite the finest delusions whites like you believe. These are the facts, they are not things we believe because democrats tell us that we are victims. Anyone who even begins to seriously consider this as a belief has to be severely mentally ill.

Of course there's a marriage penalty. It's been fixed SOMEWHAT. But the equity in HAVING some marriage penalty exist is simply logic and fairness. TWO people together live cheaper than two people APART. So if they take Standard Deduction -- it's LOWER for married than not.

This lady just doesn't understand the tax system or the thought and design that's gone into it. Some of her other complaints are just as bad.

As far as the marriage penalty being RACIST -- I don't think she completely uncovered the RACIAL differences in PAYING taxes on returns. One GREAT REASON IS -- people who are single and "working poor" DONT HAVE TO FILE TAXES. Their only motive for filing would be if they had "excess FICA taxes" to refund or qualify for EITC hand-backs. THEY ARE NOT GONNA OWE ANYTHING if they UNDERPAID their FICA taxes -- so why file?

TODAY -- about 50% of filing families PAY NO INCOME TAX. Single or married.

So to just take the demographics of "single heads of households" and say there whites are more likely to have more of those is NOT RIGOROUS research. One reason might be is that more whites go to college, grad school and stay single longer while earning something.
The marriage penalty is only one topic out of several.

So let me ask you this. When the government created the social security safety net and excluded from participation those working in the domestic and agricultural industries, do you think this was intentional or something else and if something else, what?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Of course -- but neck tatoos and a drug history will CAUSE bias. It's still bias. And you're here creating an AWARENESS of "white trash" which is FINE -- but to me CLASS bias is really bigger for black and white today than skin color. It's just as lethal to a person as HISTORICAL racial bias.

When neighborhoods get torn down for "re-developement or eminent domain" NO race is safe if they are "lower class".

We both work to embarrass "racial supremacists". I've done my share. They WHITE ONES dont give a flying fizz about the 3/5ths decision or SCOTUS cases. They cite OTHER WHITE supremacists with conspiracy science about DNA and IQ and prevalence to stupidity and violence. These are NOT history buffs -- except that they revel in KKK legends and such.

So -- I'm having a hard time seeing how the OBVIOUS CRAPPY history of govt racism has inspired racists TODAY.. It's there to remind all of us about the sins of the past. But I've never debated a skin head who starts using Brown vs Board of Ed as PROOF of racial inferiority.

These mental midgets --- dont need no stinkin' law or facts. And they largely are -- incapable of knowing or analyzing our country's racial history.
Government racism continues now flacaltenn.

Lisa558
"I wish I may, I wish I might, dear God make Newsvine_Mariyam inferior to me tonight. Amen"

Wow, I was told that you were really upset by my calling you evil, I just didn't see it, I guess I was mistaken.

I was also told that you had some kind of meltdown because you went to a mall and in your opinion there were too many black people being depicted in the store ads and window marketing displays? You know who else complains about "too many darkies" being in places where they shouldn't be because those places are reserved for white people? White racists.

I called you evil for deliberately making false statements about black people. You know they're false because you've been informed and documentation supplied to you proving their falsehood and you insist on deliberating spreading lies about us, lies that can cause irreparable harm if acted upon by certain people.

You don't want to be called evil then be like Google, "Don't Be Evil". Although on second thought, well never mind...

Where is Ray Lisa? He owes ME an apology twice over.
^^^ This is an example of what leftists have turned into. Nasty, deranged people who fly into a rage against decent people who make very valid and accurate observations. In my case, it was that blacks in poverty, just as whites in poverty, are so due to poor choices - primarily out of wedlock births and dropping out of school.

Bam! The nasty, arrogant leftist has followed me around, lashing out with crap she wouldn’t level at a mass murderer, and all because I won’t submit to the liberal position that blames everything on long-ago racism and excuses blacks from any responsibility.

But it's NOT RACIAL bias. There can be people who are biased against them for being poor, or what some whites consider "poor white trash". Isn't that behavior based and has to do with classlessness?

When the system has provided your race preferences at the exclusion of others and yet they still can't make it, then you can look at choices. But you and other whites avoid or deny what happens to those who have been excluded as well as continued public policy decisions that negatively impacts those communities.

TODAY -- you have MORE black sat channels than preachers or shopping networks. It aint a bad life if ya want to live segregated. I tune in to some of them.

But HEY -- something CURRENT to discuss.

But you and other whites avoid or deny what happens to those who have been excluded as well as continued public policy decisions that negatively impacts those communities.

Not this topic -- BUT I'D LOVE TO HEAR IT.. Been waiting for you to stop time traveling and FIX ANYTHING. As long as it's not about Hallmark Cards or Princess hair, SOAP DISPENSERS or other sketchy racist hurdles you have to leap every day. At least Mariyam took a whack at the marriage penalty in the tax code which IS tied to the law. But maybe not the largest racial issue of today.

^^^ This is an example of what leftists have turned into. Nasty, deranged people who fly into a rage against decent people who make very valid and accurate observations. In my case, it was that blacks in poverty, just as whites in poverty, are so due to poor choices - primarily out of wedlock births and dropping out of school.

Bam! The nasty, arrogant leftist has followed me around, lashing out with crap she wouldn’t level at a mass murderer, and all because I won’t submit to the liberal position that blames everything on long-ago racism and excuses blacks from any responsibility.
You have some real nerve.

Your assertion about racial poverty is wrong. The poor choice affecting blacks are white people like you sitting in decision making positions.

TODAY -- you have MORE black sat channels than preachers or shopping networks. It aint a bad life if ya want to live segregated. I tune in to some of them.

But HEY -- something CURRENT to discuss.

Not this topic -- BUT I'D LOVE TO HEAR IT.. Been waiting for you to stop time traveling and FIX ANYTHING. As long as it's not about Hallmark Cards or Princess hair, SOAP DISPENSERS or other sketchy racist hurdles you have to leap every day. At least Mariyam took a whack at the marriage penalty in the tax code which IS tied to the law. But maybe not the largest racial issue of today.
Flacaltenn, please. You look stupid. I just posted about STEM graduates, and your excuse making talking about time travel shows that you have a severe mental handicap. 40 percent of whites today live on homestead land. That's an asset that has climbed in value and adds to CURRENT wealth. And research shows that less than 2 percent of blacks got homestead land. So when you choose to deny the impact of past policies that favored whites and its impact on today its because you are willfully choosing to deny anyrhing that doesn't fit your narrative.

No you don't know that.

I dont know that blacks kids who become scientists/engineers/lawyers/doctors/architects have cushy "white" lives? Of course I do and you know it also..

Even Jesse Jackson backfired on his shake-down tour of Silicon Valley. I challenge him to send a couple trainloads of even slightly technical and qualified young black grads down to us and I would place EVERY ONE OF THEM in a well-paying tech job.

That editorial got around. I got congrats from a LOT of others and my boss offered me paid time off to do it. BECAUSE - everyone there KNEW I be done in a couple of months.

Kokoyachuck found that blacks and Hispanics with college degrees were paid less than whites and Asians with comparable education. His study showed that blacks and Hispanics who graduated in S.T.E.M majors earned less than whites and Asians with degrees in those same majors.

I EARNED LESS than a lot of other Science/Engineering grads when I started because my degrees were from a state college and NOT a gold standard engineering school. Probably 20 to 25% less. You think STEM grads from M.I.T. dont make considerably MORE than a state college grad?

IN FACT -- the leading indicator of BEST starting salaries is WHAT % of graduates they HAVE in STEM degrees. Take a look here. $97K for the TOP -- you gotta to go page 3 or 5 before you hit you hit the 1st STATE college at $65K. Even worse descrepancies for STEM degrees alone !!!!!! I know because I recruited for some of Silicon Valley companies I worked for. At the TOP schools and some not near the top. And I would ask the placement office what starting salaries they told students to expect.

It's not JUSTIFIED for undergrad degrees at ALL. But it's NOT RACISM!!!!

The folks you quote and get mind-fucked from NEVER mention the ACTUAL variables about beginning college salaries. They START with the premise of racism, and even IF they know better -- they are only interested in supporting their beginning premise that RACISM MUST be the only answer.

What that pay chart ALSO TELLS YOU --- is that the degree YOU CHOOSE is another important variable. You can do fine with a smaller starting salary because you saved the parents a lot of money by going to a state or small private school, because your PERFORMANCE dictates the mid and late career salaries --

-- but you CANNOT FIX the disparities LATER in life of what career you chose.

Facts of life. NOT racism.

I don't know any black people on this site who think that only black people are poor.
When a black person tells a white person that they don’t believe they have ever suffered or know what suffering is, that’s denying anything negative ever happens to whites. When they blame racism for blacks being poor, how is it that whites can be poor?

For the period 2008-12:
  • Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
  • Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8-2.5 per 1,000).
  • The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
  • Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
  • Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
  • Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

How did they define poor? Because the official poverty level is now 26,500 for a family of four. Which means you are SOLELY supported by the govt with programs, subsidies, benefits.

YEAH -- sucks to be a chronic poverty case. THat's all these percentages prove.

Poverty:
The official poverty rate in 2020 was 11.4 percent, up 1.0 percentage point from 10.5 percent in 2019. This is the first increase in poverty after five consecutive annual declines (Figure 8 and Table B-4).

Between 2019 and 2020, the poverty rate increased for non-Hispanic Whites and Hispanics. Among non-Hispanic Whites, 8.2 percent were in poverty in 2020, while Hispanics had a poverty rate of 17.0 percent. Among the major racial groups examined in this report, Blacks had the highest poverty rate (19.5 percent), but did not experience a significant change from 2019. The poverty rate for Asians (8.1 percent) in 2020 was not statistically different from 2019 (Figure 9 and Table B-1).

Between 2019 and 2020, poverty rates increased for married-couple families and families with a female householder. The poverty rate for married-couple families increased from 4.0 percent in 2019 to 4.7 percent in 2020. For families with a female householder, the poverty rate increased from 22.2 percent to 23.4 percent. The poverty rate for families with a male householder was 11.4 percent in 2020, not statistically different from 2019 (Figure 12 and Table B-2).

SO -
mathematically, crime rates are pretty much the same for poverty cases in both black and white -- But you have a HIGHER % of blacks in poverty. Especially in single FEMALE households where poverty jumps atrociously. It's STILL not clear what role racism plays in any of this analysis of the "poverty culture". What's CLEAR is that we've failed to LIFT fellow citizens OUT of poverty.

And that STARTS with education and family support. And ATTITUDES about education. Can't BEGIN to fix it without starting there. I see very FEW educated poverty cases. And the few that there are because of health or drug abuse or other tragic events.

What I DO SEE is a lot of poor people with more wisdom and common sense than a lot of the "educated".

New Topics

Forum List

Back