America's Poorest White Town

Throughout American history whites have received the handouts. Since the income tax was passed, blacks have paid taxes for programs they were excluded from. Now at this time, the government is funding economic development in Appalachia.

ARC uses Congressionally appropriated funds to invest in the Region’s economic and community development through grants. In Fiscal Year 2021, Congress appropriated a record $180 million for the Appalachian Regional Commission.
I know of NO similar program in the hood.

Excuse the typo.

Excuse the typo.
Aren’t dark people flocking to Appalachia to ride the coattails of poor whitey?
Some things never change.
21B13FC4-CC2F-42C8-AEE7-703940CF2AB9.png

Like the trans continental Railroad woulda taken 15 years longer if only Irish & Hungarians worked building it ?
There is the not so small matter of slave backed securities that built Wall Street, banks and much of American business growth.

1) The difference between that poor white town and the poor inner-city black districts is that it is only the latter blaming their poor life choices on racism.

2) The left has made everything about poor victimized blacks, and how it’s all whitey’s fault, so the fact that whites speak up in their own defense and point out that blacks’ problems are due to their own choices does not make those whites racist.

3) And yes, the white race has poor people just like the black race. But the black poverty rate is twice the average of whites, and it is not due to racism. Stop having 74% of black babies out of wedlock, and the majority of your problems would disappear In a single generation.

If I were black, and everything else about me were the same - same IQ, same motivation level, same discipline, same conscientiousness toward my work, etc., - I would have either been a Harvard Law grad with a partnership in a major law firm or a C-level executive in a Fortune 100 corporation. (As it is, I rose to the director level, which was good enough for me.)
Your explanations are trite, tiresome and contain the same lack of thought put into them as that of an elementary school child.

IM2 has repeatedly explained to you that the poverty rate of black people has ALWAYS been twice that of whites so how is it that you are unable to understand the one factor that has always been present, in the beginning, in the middle and now, which is the influence of the implementation of white supremacist laws which were solely intended to benefit the advancement of people of the white race, while simultaneously stymieing the ability of the black race to advance and obtain upward mobility equal to that of whites. The laws may have changed in the last nearly 50 some odd years, but the attitudes of lawful racial discrimination and prejudices have not.

The proof of that can be seen everyday on this message board by the comments that racist individuals post about black people under the guise of [alternative] "facts" and concern, including yourself Lisa.

This is what they believed then, what many of them want a return to and what some still believe

"[snipped]​
...Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated States to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility [sic] and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. [snipped]
In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon the unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of the equality of all men, irrespective of race or color--a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of the Divine Law. [snipped]​
We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.
That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States."​

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Think per capita like all smart people do.

It’s a behavioral thing….White ghettos aren’t nearly as lawless and criminal as are dark ghettos.
Being poor isn’t the problem….The “obsession” derives from the off the charts level of criminality in dark shitholes.
Why do you suppose ALL dark communities, cities and nations are dirty dangerous shitholes?
Is there something inherent and genetic that accompanies melanin?
Sure Pollyanna

• Love
There's a historical aspect ALSO for this little town barely hanging on. 3 or 4 generations of families working the coal, oil, timber. And when the biggest employers get throttled BY THE GOVT -- the town dies. Get the connection and historical ties to the ground you live on?

If you're in Baltimore and doing ANYTHING for a living -- it would be CHEAPER TO LIVE outside of Baltimore. Even the rent you're paying. Would be even cheaper to get out of Maryland. So that excuse is a bit weak. Could it be that they are there for better benefits? Could be. But it also might be that the CITY of Baltimore is the largest employer left !!!!!!

What does that remind you of? Ever think of Baltimore as a feudal system for black people?

Change of scenery and getting more rural gets heads right. And if you can drive or have any skills -- there are plenty of opportunities to flee "the system".
I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Love
I know of similar program in the hood.

Is this typed correctly? Because fer-sure there have 10s of Billions of just Federal $$$ targeted to the hood EVERY YEAR -- above and beyond to the "minority communities -- EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

And again -- we're talking about POOR people -- who NEVER pay Federal taxes. The blacks who have LARGELY LEFT the ghettos are the ones that pay the most taxes. Majority of well-off blacks ESCAPED the hood and they tell their stories about THRIVING because of their decisions to leave.

So maybe -- if more realized they ARE FREE to leave -- Blacks would certainly be paying MORE taxes. I think last time I checked -- the CITY of Baltimore was the 2nd largest employer of blacks. That explains why their school system sucks. Because most of those jobs dont really require a LOT of education. It DOES LOOK more like 16th Century Feudal society rather than a "free one". All serve the "king" eventually.

Of course not. But the cure to whatever you think ails inner cities don't change by people leaving. And coal is becoming obsolete due to technology.

From what you just literally typed --- it sounds like you think I'm trying to fix the "inner cities". I'm NOT. I'm trying to move people to better lives and environments OUTSIDE those wasting grief pits.

The fix for the "inner cities" is largely better govt. And that means not "one party rule" -- but hiring by COMPETENCE and attracting interest in investments. Can't attract investments without a honest hard-working govt. If they KNOW they are gonna get re-elected -- what's their incentive to FIX ANYTHING? Need an answer occasionally so I know you're actually thinking. That last question would be a good one to ponder.

Whites don't face racism idiot. Our problems are not solely due to our choices. That's a fact the right knows is true but tries to gaslight. Bitch, you are white, so you should have all those things. You are an affirmative action beneficiary. Because if you were black, you may have ended up like Sondra Bland.

Blacks dont make choices? Never make bad ones? That's front page news. Do they walk on walk on water as well?

Whites face bias. Our felons have hard time getting work after they come out. As Mariyam points out in this thread -- they also get stranded in POOR, DYING, DRUG-RIDDLED little towns. Lots of "bad choices" being made there. Just like in the ghettos. Poor whites probably go to jail many times above the white average.

Did no one ever discuss this you before? Do ya get OUT MUCH??? :biggrin:

Your explanations are trite, tiresome and contain the same lack of thought put into them as that of an elementary school child.

IM2 has repeatedly explained to you that the poverty rate of black people has ALWAYS been twice that of whites so how is it that you are unable to understand the one factor that has always been present, in the beginning, in the middle and now, which is the influence of the implementation of white supremacist laws which were solely intended to benefit the advancement of people of the white race, while simultaneously stymieing the ability of the black race to advance and obtain upward mobility equal to that of whites. The laws may have changed in the last nearly 50 some odd years, but the attitudes of lawful racial discrimination and prejudices have not.

The proof of that can be seen everyday on this message board by the comments that racist individuals post about black people under the guise of [alternative] "facts" and concern, including yourself Lisa.

This is what they believed then, what many of them want a return to and what some still believe
And, like the arrogant liberal you are, you open your response with a smack in the face and a nasty personal insult. Do you really think I am going to lower myself to your level, and read whatever your wrote, after that? Start debating like a decent adult, apologize for your earlier remark calling me “evil,” and I might consider entertaining your comments.

Until then, you have showed me you are inferior to me - and no, race is not a factor - and I choose not to lower myself.

Did somebody say think per capita?

White racists cling to this in order to deny their problem.

Research shows that regardless of race, poor people commit the most violent crime. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, from 2008 through 2012, “persons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households. This pattern of poor people having the highest rates of violence was consistent for both whites and blacks.”

For the period 2008-12:
  • Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
  • Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8-2.5 per 1,000).
  • The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
  • Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
  • Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
  • Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).
Notice the numbers per capita when all else is the same. Across the board, poor whites had higher per capita violence rates than poor blacks. White ghettos are less safe and overall white neighborhoods are more criminal. We are talking about a range of criminality ranging from murder to theft of assets by whites who are financial planners. Taking a persons life savings is just as bad as murder, in fact, it is worse. And white communities are full of such criminals and racists like those here want to pretend that's OK because they didn't physically kill somebody.

Blacks dont make choices? Never make bad ones? That's front page news. Do they walk on walk on water as well?

Whites face bias. Our felons have hard time getting work after they come out. As Mariyam points out in this thread -- they also get stranded in POOR, DYING, DRUG-RIDDLED little towns. Lots of "bad choices" being made there. Just like in the ghettos. Poor whites probably go to jail many times above the white average.

Did no one ever discuss this you before? Do ya get OUT MUCH??? :biggrin:
Flacaltenn shut the fuck up until you can talk about the impact of racist public policy decisions made by whites. You have been consistently shown that whites don't face anything near what blacks do.

And, like the arrogant liberal you are, you open your response with a smack in the face and a nasty personal insult. Do you really think I am going to lower myself to your level, and read whatever your wrote, after that? Start debating like a decent adult, apologize for your earlier remark calling me “evil,” and I might consider entertaining your comments.

Until then, you have showed me you are inferior to me - and no, race is not a factor - and I choose not to lower myself.
You are a racist white woman. That's why you got smacked in the face by a sister tired of white racist bullshit.

You'd have to do some reading and we already know how well that's going to go over for most of those here, nonetheless:

How tax laws disadvantage Black Americans but subsidize white America

White Americans are more likely to have one single wage earner with the other spouse staying at home. Black Americans are more likely to have two equal wage earners contributing roughly the same amount. Tax law gives the single wage earning household a tax cut. But the other household, with two full time workers contributing equal amounts, they don't get a tax cut. And for decades they paid higher taxes. Called the marriage penalty.

Of course there's a marriage penalty. It's been fixed SOMEWHAT. But the equity in HAVING some marriage penalty exist is simply logic and fairness. TWO people together live cheaper than two people APART. So if they take Standard Deduction -- it's LOWER for married than not.

This lady just doesn't understand the tax system or the thought and design that's gone into it. Some of her other complaints are just as bad.

As far as the marriage penalty being RACIST -- I don't think she completely uncovered the RACIAL differences in PAYING taxes on returns. One GREAT REASON IS -- people who are single and "working poor" DONT HAVE TO FILE TAXES. Their only motive for filing would be if they had "excess FICA taxes" to refund or qualify for EITC hand-backs. THEY ARE NOT GONNA OWE ANYTHING if they UNDERPAID their FICA taxes -- so why file?

TODAY -- about 50% of filing families PAY NO INCOME TAX. Single or married.

So to just take the demographics of "single heads of households" and say there whites are more likely to have more of those is NOT RIGOROUS research. One reason might be is that more whites go to college, grad school and stay single longer while earning something.

Forum List

Back