America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps --- History Forgotten

I was taught history throughout elementary and HS but it was still very generalized. So far you haven't disproved anything I posted, simply confirmed it. I'm 65 so yeah I learned a lot of what you did except I took it farther in college............ I happen to know a little bit about what I'm talking about.
Oh and the 19th and 20th Century freshmen courses were still fairly generalized, hell of a lot of information to cover in those two centuries alone, can't cover it in detail in a freshman course.......

Oh and do a simple search online, you'll come up with a lot of information concerning WWII internment. You also have to realize when you start talking history to the vast majority of people their eyes glaze over, they're really just not interested.

~~~~~~
Hmm..., I guess education curriculums changed between the time I was educated and your education since I'm 20 years. older than you. I was reading the newspaper at the age of eight while WWII was in full swing. In fact I remember the interruption of Captain Midnight on WOR-NY AM announcing the death of FDR of a cerebral hemorrhage in April 45 just before the surrender of Germany on May 8th....
Yeah they did change, we know 1000 times more about history than they did when you went to school, and again 1000 times more today than when I went to school. People write their dissertations often on one event in history, it can take decades to study certain eras, some people have dedicated their lives to studying WW II alone. I knew about the all internment camps because I studied WWII for at least a decade on my own (not full time mind you).
You talk about age, in elementary and HS I was taught about a myriad of subjects we now know to be false or at least highly questionable in both science and history. The use of modern technology and modern methods has vastly expanded our knowledge and wiped away some long cherished ideas/explanations.
If you get into a detailed study of WW II then yes you will learn about all the internment camps not just the Japanese ones. Was there some racism involved? Of course there was, was it the reason for tossing people in internment camps? Yes and no. Is it not taught in general HS and college courses because of the "Democrat's racism"? You're grasping at partisan straws to build a strawman. Good luck with that.
racism was a reason for internment camps? please explain and prove

Concentration camps.
we are talking about internment camps

That’s not what fdr called them. He called them what they were.

~~~~~~
Hmm..., I guess education curriculums changed between the time I was educated and your education since I'm 20 years. older than you. I was reading the newspaper at the age of eight while WWII was in full swing. In fact I remember the interruption of Captain Midnight on WOR-NY AM announcing the death of FDR of a cerebral hemorrhage in April 45 just before the surrender of Germany on May 8th....
Yeah they did change, we know 1000 times more about history than they did when you went to school, and again 1000 times more today than when I went to school. People write their dissertations often on one event in history, it can take decades to study certain eras, some people have dedicated their lives to studying WW II alone. I knew about the all internment camps because I studied WWII for at least a decade on my own (not full time mind you).
You talk about age, in elementary and HS I was taught about a myriad of subjects we now know to be false or at least highly questionable in both science and history. The use of modern technology and modern methods has vastly expanded our knowledge and wiped away some long cherished ideas/explanations.
If you get into a detailed study of WW II then yes you will learn about all the internment camps not just the Japanese ones. Was there some racism involved? Of course there was, was it the reason for tossing people in internment camps? Yes and no. Is it not taught in general HS and college courses because of the "Democrat's racism"? You're grasping at partisan straws to build a strawman. Good luck with that.

Concentration camps.
we are talking about internment camps

That’s not what fdr called them. He called them what they were.
you haven't explained the racism part--why not?

~~~~~~

Concentration camps.
that is some explanation hahhahahahahhaahahah
..... besides, the R word really means nothing now, since it's been over used and mostly used for dumbshit

Do you doubt that fdr was a racist POS?
1 more time--please explain how racism was involved with the camps

There were plenty of Republicans and anti-Roosevelt Democrats around to stop this alleged horror. Any evidence any of them lifted a finger to oppose it? ....

Yes. Google Ralph Carr and get some education.

dumbasss found a tiny irelevant number of them. lol can't back up his claims, never could. Nobody was concerned about them, since nothing horrible happened to them, except in the minds of right wing drunks and commie dupes repeating old Soviet era propaganda from false flag media ops.

Concentration camps.
..... besides, the R word really means nothing now, since it's been over used and mostly used for dumbshit

He can't even explain why Japanese from the east coast and midwest were left alone, since it doesn't fit in with his idiotic rubbish 'history'. If the U.S. was 'racyciss n stuff', there wouldn't be any of these 'minorities' around now to snivel, they would all be dead.

America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps

Tremoglie: America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps - Broad + Liberty
March 5, 2020 ~~ By Chris Tremoglie
The Philadelphia metropolitan area has a rather large Italian population. Yet despite this, the majority appear unfamiliar with the history of their ancestors in the United States. Such is the case of the forgotten internment camps of Italians during World War II.
Years ago, while working on a history project in middle school, my grandfather (long since deceased) told me a story about events that occurred during World War II that the majority are not familiar with. His father, who worked at a Stetson Hat factory that was once located in Kensington, had immigrated to the country from Sicily. After Pearl Harbor was bombed, his status in the United States changed; in the blink of an eye, he went from hard-working Italian immigrant to “enemy alien” to an internment camp.
February 19, 1942 is a date that many think should live in infamy. It is the date President Roosevelt issued Executive Order 9066. It is this Executive Order that established internment camps during World War II – a phenomenon that many today retroactively cite as an example of the government’s racism.
~~ snip ~~
As Salvatore LaGumina described in In Search of Heroes: Italian Americans in World War II, Italians were viewed as “a potentially subversive population in the United States.” As such, by January 1942, at least 600,000 Italians and Italian Americans, among them who were legal residents and American citizens, were classified as “enemy aliens.”
Moreover, about 1,600 Italian citizens — among them my great-grandfather — were put into internment camps in Missoula, Montana and Ellis Island. Many of them were American-born children. In addition to Germans, people of Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian descent were also interned.

Comment:
Rather than point to singular horror stories perpetrated by Democrat president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, we'll discuss the racism of the time... Whether it was segregation of Afro-Americans, or the internment of ethic groups like Japanese, Italians etc... Democrats perpetrated these racist acts without blinking of eyes.
BTW, what happened in 1942 wasn't done because someone just thought it up, Woodrow Wilson also interned up to a quarter million of German and Austro-Hungarian descent.
Strangely this is never taught as part of American history to High School and even College students. You have to wonder why? Could it be to hide the sins of the Democrats just as they hide their roll in the Civil War, the creation of the KKK and their racist past of lynching blacks, Catholics and Jews.

My Grandmother was a German citizen during WWII. The FBI interviewed her and found her not to be a threat. Some of her friends who were active in the German Bunt or were vocal in their support of the Nazis were sent to camps.

Most nations in the world did the same.

The Philadelphia metropolitan area has a rather large Italian population. Yet despite this, the majority appear unfamiliar with the history of their ancestors in the United States. Such is the case of the forgotten internment camps of Italians during World War II.
Years ago, while working on a history project in middle school, my grandfather (long since deceased) told me a story about events that occurred during World War II that the majority are not familiar with. His father, who worked at a Stetson Hat factory that was once located in Kensington, had immigrated to the country from Sicily. After Pearl Harbor was bombed, his status in the United States changed; in the blink of an eye, he went from hard-working Italian immigrant to “enemy alien” to an internment camp.
February 19, 1942 is a date that many think should live in infamy. It is the date President Roosevelt issued Executive Order 9066. It is this Executive Order that established internment camps during World War II – a phenomenon that many today retroactively cite as an example of the government’s racism.
~~ snip ~~
As Salvatore LaGumina described in In Search of Heroes: Italian Americans in World War II, Italians were viewed as “a potentially subversive population in the United States.” As such, by January 1942, at least 600,000 Italians and Italian Americans, among them who were legal residents and American citizens, were classified as “enemy aliens.”
Moreover, about 1,600 Italian citizens — among them my great-grandfather — were put into internment camps in Missoula, Montana and Ellis Island. Many of them were American-born children. In addition to Germans, people of Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian descent were also interned.

Comment:
Rather than point to singular horror stories perpetrated by Democrat president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, we'll discuss the racism of the time... Whether it was segregation of Afro-Americans, or the internment of ethic groups like Japanese, Italians etc... Democrats perpetrated these racist acts without blinking of eyes.
BTW, what happened in 1942 wasn't done because someone just thought it up, Woodrow Wilson also interned up to a quarter million of German and Austro-Hungarian descent.
Strangely this is never taught as part of American history to High School and even College students. You have to wonder why? Could it be to hide the sins of the Democrats just as they hide their roll in the Civil War, the creation of the KKK and their racist past of lynching blacks, Catholics and Jews.

1600, is hardly a mass interment of Italian-Americans. There were millions of Italians living in the US at that time. More than
likely those 1600 had been members of some Italian-American group opposed to the US. Similar to the American Nazi Party.

I'm a second-generation Italian-American. My Father served with the Marines in the Pacific. My Uncle, his Brother was killed at
Normandy. I have never heard of any discrimination against Italian-American in WWII, and all of my ancestors on both sides of
the family immigrated from Italy. With respects, your late Grandfather was full of shit.
I had a couple of relatives in WW 2 also. My father a couple of times told me that Italian American and German American citizens a were not supposed to have short wave radios.

Concentration camps.

....If the U.S. was 'racyciss n stuff', there wouldn't be any of these 'minorities' around now to snivel, they would all be dead.

Spoken like an obedient little nazi.

Concentration camps.

....If the U.S. was 'racyciss n stuff', there wouldn't be any of these 'minorities' around now to snivel, they would all be dead.

just like I thought--you are just babbling
you have no proof ...you don't even explain your post = it's crap

~~ snip ~~

Comment:

1600, is hardly a mass interment of Italian-Americans. There were millions of Italians living in the US at that time. More than
likely those 1600 had been members of some Italian-American group opposed to the US. Similar to the American Nazi Party.

I'm a second-generation Italian-American. My Father served with the Marines in the Pacific. My Uncle, his Brother was killed at
Normandy. I have never heard of any discrimination against Italian-American in WWII, and all of my ancestors on both sides of
the family immigrated from Italy. With respects, your late Grandfather was full of shit.
I had a couple of relatives in WW 2 also. My father a couple of times told me that Italian American and German American citizens a were not supposed to have short wave radios.

Not exactly a great atrocity.

Germans captured in the Normandy breakout were surprised their first meal in captivity wasn't steak, such was the terrors they held of being captured by Americans. Contrast that with what they knew about being captured by Soviets and the consequences of being captured by Japanese vermin for Brits and Americans. Sorry, but the Pity Party for Germans and Japanese is just ridiculous bullshit put out by idiots.

One of my Dad's best friends was German American; he was Patton's driver during the Sicily campaign. Anecdotal stories are fun.

just like I thought--you are just babbling
you have no proof ...you don't even explain your post = it's crap

No need to take these gimps seriously; they're unhinged loons.

Hundreds of Italians were interned in 1941 and 10,000 Italian Americans were evacuated in California, where they were forced to move out of coastal areas. However, in 1942, FDR dropped the internment policy against Italians less than a year after it was announced by the president, who needed the support of the Italian American community. When Italy and Britain did go to war, there were at least 19,000 Italians in Britain, and Churchill ordered they all be rounded up. This was despite the fact that most of them had lived in Britain for decades and they were interned until 1945 along with Germans.

All in all, 600,000 Italians were affected by the policies, which were only lifted in 1942, once Roosevelt realized he’d need the support of the Italian American community if the U.S. was to invade Italy. On October 12, 1942, U.S. Attorney General Francis Biddle declared that Italians were no longer enemies of the state.
https://www.history.com/news/italian-american-internment-persecution-wwii

Last edited:
Republicans would have a great case, if some Japanese citizens created sabotage on the West Coast airplane factories. Imagine the outcry by Republican because FDR did not protect those factories, and the Republicans would have a great case.
Instead some Japanese joined the American army and were seen as one of the best army units. But the big question is: how did Japanese-Americans vote for president even after the internment camps, Republican or Democratic?

Republicans would have a great case, if some Japanese citizens created sabotage on the West Coast airplane factories. Imagine the outcry by Republican because FDR did not protect those factories, and the Republicans would have a great case.
Instead some Japanese joined the American army and were seen as one of the best army units. But the big question is: how did Japanese-Americans vote for president even after the internment camps, Republican or Democratic?

The main reason they decided on internment was the fanatic patriotism Japanese in America expressed for the Japanese conquests in Asia in the preceding decades, the aid given a downed Japanese pilot in the attack on Hawaii, and the fact that for years the Imperial Japanese intelligence services had been trying to recruit American Japanese as spies and saboteurs for years before they attacked Pearl, and almost no one in the Japanese communities ever reported these attempts. Japanese communities in the U.S. had regular drives to collect money and goods to send to Japanese soldiers in Asia, same as our Red Cross did for our troops in wartime.

They were treated with kid gloves compared to any other peoples' treatments of similar populations in other countries, which is why we can safely assume only idiots and commies would spread the sort of nonsense about a handful of internment facilities here. They were also being attacked by other Asians, especially Philippino Americans, so their personal safety was also a factor.

Last edited:

The main reason they decided on internment was the fanatic patriotism Japanese in America expressed for the Japanese conquests in Asia in the preceding decades, the aid given a downed Japanese pilot in the attack on Hawaii, and the fact that for years the Imperial Japanese intelligence services had been trying to recruit American Japanese as spies and saboteurs for years before they attacked Pearl, and almost no one in the Japanese communities ever reported these attempts. Japanese communities in the U.S. had regular drives to collect money and goods to send to Japanese soldiers in Asia, same as our Red Cross did for our troops in wartime.

They were treated with kid gloves compared to any other peoples' treatments of similar populations in other countries, which is why we can safely assume only idiots and commies would spread the sort of nonsense about a handful of internment facilities here. They were also being attacked by other Asians, especially Philippino Americans, so their personal safety was also a factor.

What a complete load of bullshit.

Forum List

Back