America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps --- History Forgotten

In hindsight...

We shouldn’t have had slavery
We should have treated Native Americans as equals
We should have given women equal rights
We should have treated gays better.

We shouldn’t have interred Japanese

Build a time machine and go back then and do some Social Justice Warrior Stuff when it mattered. It doesn't now, and we did treat Native Americans appropriately, better than the North treated southerners during the Reconstruction scam and up to today. We should have quarantined homosexual fetishists the first sign of AIDS then, and we should be doing that now as well, and taxing both homosexuals and anybody who supports Gay Rights hoaxes for the costs of that, including the infections they're till at the top of the list of spreaders.
You Goofy

As I remember, the Italian and Germans suspects were already identified, but the Japanese were not. When Pearl Harbor happened the Germans and Italians suspects were picked up but the Japanese were not., so all Japanese were picked up on the West coast, The West Coast was where the aircraft factories existed. The Japanese suspects were not picked up because there was no list. so all were interred and most then released in the months following Pearl Harbor. The problem Japanese were put in the Tule Lake center. Books have been written about the internment.

As I remember, the Italian and Germans suspects were already identified, but the Japanese were not. When Pearl Harbor happened the Germans and Italians suspects were picked up but the Japanese were not., so all Japanese were picked up on the West coast, The West Coast was where the aircraft factories existed. The Japanese suspects were not picked up because there was no list. so all were interred and most then released in the months following Pearl Harbor. The problem Japanese were put in the Tule Lake center. Books have been written about the internment.

Last year I was able to have a survivor from fdr's concentration camps come in and speak to my History classes.

And I bet your clueless 'students' you've been lying to also believe they haven't gotten reparations and need lots more, like you do, since your parents blew theirs playing Keno and getting drunk.

America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps

Tremoglie: America’s Forgotten WWII Internment Camps - Broad + Liberty
March 5, 2020 ~~ By Chris Tremoglie
The Philadelphia metropolitan area has a rather large Italian population. Yet despite this, the majority appear unfamiliar with the history of their ancestors in the United States. Such is the case of the forgotten internment camps of Italians during World War II.
Years ago, while working on a history project in middle school, my grandfather (long since deceased) told me a story about events that occurred during World War II that the majority are not familiar with. His father, who worked at a Stetson Hat factory that was once located in Kensington, had immigrated to the country from Sicily. After Pearl Harbor was bombed, his status in the United States changed; in the blink of an eye, he went from hard-working Italian immigrant to “enemy alien” to an internment camp.
February 19, 1942 is a date that many think should live in infamy. It is the date President Roosevelt issued Executive Order 9066. It is this Executive Order that established internment camps during World War II – a phenomenon that many today retroactively cite as an example of the government’s racism.
~~ snip ~~
As Salvatore LaGumina described in In Search of Heroes: Italian Americans in World War II, Italians were viewed as “a potentially subversive population in the United States.” As such, by January 1942, at least 600,000 Italians and Italian Americans, among them who were legal residents and American citizens, were classified as “enemy aliens.”
Moreover, about 1,600 Italian citizens — among them my great-grandfather — were put into internment camps in Missoula, Montana and Ellis Island. Many of them were American-born children. In addition to Germans, people of Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian descent were also interned.

Comment:
Rather than point to singular horror stories perpetrated by Democrat president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, we'll discuss the racism of the time... Whether it was segregation of Afro-Americans, or the internment of ethic groups like Japanese, Italians etc... Democrats perpetrated these racist acts without blinking of eyes.
BTW, what happened in 1942 wasn't done because someone just thought it up, Woodrow Wilson also interned up to a quarter million of German and Austro-Hungarian descent.
Strangely this is never taught as part of American history to High School and even College students. You have to wonder why? Could it be to hide the sins of the Democrats just as they hide their roll in the Civil War, the creation of the KKK and their racist past of lynching blacks, Catholics and Jews.
"Czech" why?

Last year I was able to have a survivor from fdr's concentration camps come in and speak to my History classes.

And I bet your clueless 'students' you've been lying to also believe they haven't gotten reparations ...

1) My worst student knows more about it than you do.

2) Why do you think I wouldn’t teach them about the apology that President Reagan gave and the reparations that were part of that act passed by the Congress?

...since your parents blew theirs playing Keno and getting drunk.

Why would my parents have received reparations for fdr’s concentration camps? Are you confused about something? Choose your words with respect if you reply.

The Philadelphia metropolitan area has a rather large Italian population. Yet despite this, the majority appear unfamiliar with the history of their ancestors in the United States. Such is the case of the forgotten internment camps of Italians during World War II.
Years ago, while working on a history project in middle school, my grandfather (long since deceased) told me a story about events that occurred during World War II that the majority are not familiar with. His father, who worked at a Stetson Hat factory that was once located in Kensington, had immigrated to the country from Sicily. After Pearl Harbor was bombed, his status in the United States changed; in the blink of an eye, he went from hard-working Italian immigrant to “enemy alien” to an internment camp.
February 19, 1942 is a date that many think should live in infamy. It is the date President Roosevelt issued Executive Order 9066. It is this Executive Order that established internment camps during World War II – a phenomenon that many today retroactively cite as an example of the government’s racism.
~~ snip ~~
As Salvatore LaGumina described in In Search of Heroes: Italian Americans in World War II, Italians were viewed as “a potentially subversive population in the United States.” As such, by January 1942, at least 600,000 Italians and Italian Americans, among them who were legal residents and American citizens, were classified as “enemy aliens.”
Moreover, about 1,600 Italian citizens — among them my great-grandfather — were put into internment camps in Missoula, Montana and Ellis Island. Many of them were American-born children. In addition to Germans, people of Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, and Hungarian descent were also interned.

Comment:
Rather than point to singular horror stories perpetrated by Democrat president Franklin Delano Roosevelt, we'll discuss the racism of the time... Whether it was segregation of Afro-Americans, or the internment of ethic groups like Japanese, Italians etc... Democrats perpetrated these racist acts without blinking of eyes.
BTW, what happened in 1942 wasn't done because someone just thought it up, Woodrow Wilson also interned up to a quarter million of German and Austro-Hungarian descent.
Strangely this is never taught as part of American history to High School and even College students. You have to wonder why? Could it be to hide the sins of the Democrats just as they hide their roll in the Civil War, the creation of the KKK and their racist past of lynching blacks, Catholics and Jews.
HS history is a limited generalized view of history, first year college history (the most taken courses) are somewhat more detailed, generalized views of history. It's not until one starts taking sophomore history (and beyond) is more highly detailed history taught and usually that's where a history major starts specializing in areas of history. Masters studies are much more specialized say someone specifically studying WW II or our colonial period, etc.
So why is it not taught? It is but only post sophomore, the vast majority of college students never get beyond freshmen history, they're not history majors.
To make something political out of it is beyond stupid.

If it wasn't history and it wasn't racism then exactly what the hell would you call it, shitforbrains?

~~ snip ~~

Comment:
HS history is a limited generalized view of history, first year college history (the most taken courses) are somewhat more detailed, generalized views of history. It's not until one starts taking sophomore history (and beyond) is more highly detailed history taught and usually that's where a history major starts specializing in areas of history. Masters studies are much more specialized say someone specifically studying WW II or our colonial period, etc.
So why is it not taught? It is but only post sophomore, the vast majority of college students never get beyond freshmen history, they're not history majors.
To make something political out of it is beyond stupid.

If it wasn't history and it wasn't racism then exactly what the hell would you call it, shitforbrains?
Where did I say that ya knumb knut?

~~ snip ~~

Comment:
"Czech" why?

Allies of the Axis powers, or sympathizers.

Weakness And Drastic Measures

One big issue was that prior to world war II, the prevalent thinking was that large military expenditures somehow made war more likely. There was a lot of anti-militarist thinking in the world.

If you look at the history of Europe in the years prior to WWII, it was a tragic case of the prevalence of simplistic pacifist thinking, and its complete failure not only to prevent war, but to even prepare for it well.
The reluctance of everyone to stand up to Hitler was so great that he was able to do an arms buildup that totally violated existing arms limitations and get the Rhineland, Austria, and both the German and slavic parts of Czechoslovakia with barely a shot fired.

From the article linked to in my post.

Last edited:

Why would my parents have received reparations for fdr’s concentration camps? Are you confused about something? Choose your words with respect if you reply.

lol go fuck yourself, troll. I could care less about the sensibilities of sicko deviant liars and gimps like yourself. The Peanut Gallery can amuse themselves looking up just what sexual fetish the word 'unkotare' is, and see if they think this sick freak is a serious 'historian'.

lol go fuck yourself, troll. I could care less about the sensibilities of sicko deviant liars and gimps like yourself. The Peanut Gallery can amuse themselves looking up just what sexual fetish the word 'unkotare' is, and see if they think this sick freak is a serious 'historian'.

Your white flag is acknowledged.

Forum List

Back