Americans are giving Chinese-made products the cold shoulder...40% will not buy from China

The cult will stop buying Chinese imports until Dotard starts praising them again like he did back in January. How much brain room do you care to give to people who support the likes of Trump, an ex reality TV hack who couldn't even read his own script?
And if Trump praises the Chinese the lefty loons will suddenly hate them. What makes your cult any different ?

They ended what they started.
Race relations still not right.
Nonsense

slavery has been around for 4,000 years practiced by every race on the planet

Sell ok, I never heard of the Eskimo’s practicing slavery

but their cousins farther south did

However whites in America did repent of their sin and ended slavery

None of the godless political systems - communists - ever admitted any wrongdoing

I recently took possession of a wonderful new 20" bicycle, a birthday gift for my Grand-daughter. It cost $325 from REI. Made in China. It is well-designed, well-made, complete in every way, including some extra spare parts and a small tool kit.

Had it been made in the U.S. the cost would have been at least double, and I probably wouldn't have bought it.

This was one of millions of analogous transactions in which Americans buy goods made in China that are dramatically cheaper than they would otherwise have been. The trend before this sea-change was for American stuff to be of really bad quality, and not always complete or correct, which is why the shift to China was so smooth.

These cheaper goods have enriched our lives and left billions in American pockets that wouldn't have been there had Chinese goods not been available.

The accusations of Chinese misconduct in the Corona Virus thing may make some people feel good, but NOBODY in this country saw this coming (other than medical professional doom-sayers), and I have no doubt that the CHinese also had no idea how bad it would get, or exactly how it would get there. To presume that they planned this is neurotic bullshit.

Buy American if you like. I will do likewise, but at least initially we will be paying more than we should for stuff that is lower quality than we are getting now.

People are ignorant. You can depend on it.

You miss the point entirely.

Between inflation and the fact more and more unskilled people are being paid skilled labor wages I can't afford to be choosey.

If I need something and the Chinese version is exactly what I need and cheaper, I'm going to buy it. I can't afford to buy American on everything.

It's like how I would love to support smaller businesses, but if Amazon has it cheaper I'm going with Amazon because I can't afford to always buy from a small business.

Let's get this number up to 75 or 80%. I had already been a little more attentive to products made in China, since the virus ad their public comments about America, I'm quite vigilant. The communist party needs to pay a steep price.

When people talk about the West "blaming" foreigners, I just shake my own head and might gently suggest they shake their owns. It's about the government of China and their lies, not racism. A word that increasingly has far less meaning of late.

It’s not quite a new Cold War yet. Just the cold shoulder.

Some 40 per cent of Americans said they won’t buy products from China, according to a survey of 1,012 adults conducted May 12-14 by Washington-based FTI Consulting, a business advisory firm. That compares with 22 per cent who say they won’t buy from India, 17 per cent who refuse to purchase from Mexico and 12 per cent who boycott goods from Europe.

The poll also found: 55 per cent don’t think China can be trusted to follow through on its trade-deal commitments signed in January to buy more U.S. products; 78 per cent said they’d be willing to pay more for products if the company that made them moved manufacturing out of China; 66 per cent said they favour raising import restrictions over the pursuit of free-trade deals as a better way to boost the U.S. economy. For observers of trade policy, that last point is striking because a large majority in the U.S. have traditionally shunned protectionism. According to Gallup, almost four-fifths of Americans embrace international commerce as an opportunity rather that a threat, a number that’s steadily risen over the past decade.

After two years of tariff wars and now the scourge of a coronavirus that originated in China, it’s hardly surprising to see some souring of U.S. public opinion about the country’s main economic rival. But the degree of the shift and the timing of it — less than six months before a presidential election — may mark a sea change in the electorate. It could embolden some of China’s harsher critics in Washington, with huge potential consequences for financial markets.

Why won't people buy products from China?

Probably because of the way people are manipulating these people. The media is at it, trying to create conflict, who benefits from conflict? The right definitely benefits. They love a common enemy to get to grips with.

Forum List

Back