American Rancher Yearns For Trump Wall: 'It's Cartel Land'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Secure our border and reform our Immigration System Nightmare. Period, end of story.

To many, Donald Trump's pledge to build a wall along the US-Mexico border is unrealistic. But for Jim Chilton, it's the only way he'll get a good night's sleep.

The 77-year-old, a fifth-generation rancher on the Arizona border with Mexico, says he has grown weary of seeing drug smugglers -- rather than just cattle -- on his ranch and a wall is the answer to his troubles.

"I really admire Trump for having the insight and the knowledge to know what's wrong with the current border system," he said, as he surveyed the sprawling desert plains of his 75-square-mile ranch that stretches to the Mexican border.

"We need a wall. I've been saying that for 10 years... and we need roads along the boundary and the border patrol to be deployed there and not let anybody in," he added. "It would make my life so much better and I'd feel more secure."

The Republican US presidential candidate has made building a wall along the southern border a staple of his campaign and has said the structure would cost $8-12 billion, with Mexico footing the bill.

"I live in a no-man's land. I live in a land that is occupied by the Sinaloa drug cartel," he sighed, pointing to mountains on his ranch where he said scouts equipped with sophisticated equipment are posted as lookouts for smugglers.

"I have seen cartel scouts on these two mountains before ... and even in my front yard," he said. "I wave at them and they often yell 'hola' and wave back."...

Read More:
Rancher yearns for Trump wall on US-Mexico border
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

Forum List

Back