American Propaganda

The GOP has the Democrats beaten hands down. The Republicans are soooooooo much better than the Democrats at crafting their message.

I've been listening to the Republican party lying about the financial reform bill in Congress, saying that it is going to perpetuate endless bailouts and people are falling for it.

I know right? That's some serious Orwellian "Newspeak" if I've ever heard it.

Now, I know all those politicians shell out their fair share of BS, but I think this is just kicking the propaganda up to a whole new level.

Up is Down! 2+2=5!

50 billion slush fund cool with you?

I personally don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion, but no one supports more bailout money. Well almost no one.

I personally don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion, but no one supports more bailout money. Well almost no one.

I know. That's why the Republican Party is lying to you. They are lying to you about what this bill is about.

Wall Street doesn't want this because the fund will be paid for by Wall Street. It will not be funded by taxpayers. That's why the banks are against this. Wall Street has been bailed out by taxpayers. They want to be bailed out by you, me and everyone else the next time they fail. They don't want to pay for their own bailout fund because it requires capital that they can use to make themselves more money. Instead, they want to be able to dump their problems onto you, just like they did over the past two years. They keep the profits and you take the losses. This fucking infuriates me because people are making millions and millions of dollars while taxpayers get saddled with the losses.

Wall Street is pouring money into Republican coffers to kill this bill, or at least water it down. So the Republicans are on the floor, trying to link this fund to government bailouts. Killing this provision will make it far more likely that taxpayers will bail out the next Too Big to Fail financial firm. This is what the Republicans are supporting.

Read more here.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...s-financial-reform-bill-allow-bailouts/39022/

Last edited:

I know. That's why the Republican Party is lying to you. They are lying to you about what this bill is about.

Wall Street doesn't want this because the fund will be paid for by Wall Street. It will not be funded by taxpayers. That's why the banks are against this. Wall Street has been bailed out by taxpayers. They want to be bailed out by you, me and everyone else the next time they fail. They don't want to pay for their own bailout fund because it requires capital that they can use to make themselves more money. Instead, they want to be able to dump their problems onto you, just like they did over the past two years. They keep the profits and you take the losses. This fucking infuriates me because people are making millions and millions of dollars while taxpayers get saddled with the losses.

Wall Street is pouring money into Republican coffers to kill this bill, or at least water it down. So the Republicans are on the floor, trying to link this fund to government bailouts. Killing this provision will make it far more likely that taxpayers will bail out the next Too Big to Fail financial firm. This is what the Republicans are supporting.

Read more here.

Will Dodd's Financial Reform Bill Allow Bailouts? - Business - The Atlantic

Very well said. I'd rep you, but it's been too soon.

You're not a traitor if you rebel against a tyranny. You're a patriot.

Liberals don't get it. They like tyrannies.

If you voted for Bush...stfu about tyrannies...that loser was as close to a dictator as the US has had in a long time...secretive meetings about the energy policy WITH the energy industry anyone - and NOT open to the public?

At the end of the day, you're just a sore loser....nothing new there....

Secretive meetings? Does Hillarycare ring any bells? Hello? That old Bush is a dictator meme just isn't going to cut it in the age of Obama anymore.
Why not put it on C-SPAN.

The brilliance of the propaganda campaign can be evidenced by the number of threads here which are so obviously partisan.

"Obama' did this..

Liberals think that..

If but only Regan was POTUS how good the world would be.

The Republicans are at fault...

No, no, the Democrats are all to blame...

Seriously, you clueless partisans need to turn off you TVs and start reading.

You are hopeless tools.

The brilliance of the propaganda campaign can be evidenced by the number of threads here which are so obviously partisan.

"Obama' did this..

Liberals think that..

If but only Regan was POTUS how good the world would be.

The Republicans are at fault...

No, no, the Democrats are all to blame...

Seriously, you clueless partisans need to turn off you TVs and start reading.

You are hopeless tools.

How are any of those statements propaganda? Can you distinguish propaganda from opinion?

"Tyranny" is the extremist's code word for any democratically elected government that they don't agree with.

(I kind of paraphrased that from last night's Jon Stewart, but it applies.)

Why are we hearing about Bush as a defense for the continued failure of Democrats? Perhaps the nation was "sincere" when they criticized Bush, but the 20 percenters here are unable to differentiate themselves from Bush?

Imagine that, they have become what they used to abhor. Where have I heard that before?

I'm a poet!

Awesome, health care stocks up to the moon, and Goldman Sachs giving 70% of lobbying cash to Democrats, what a shocker.

Should the world go slower for the 20 percenters?

So they elected Obama, he became a tyrant and ignored the will of the people, sold our children's future away, and we are bad people. I got it.

Awesome, health care stocks up to the moon, and Goldman Sachs giving 70% of lobbying cash to Democrats, what a shocker.

1. Goldman Sachs gives more donations to whomever is in charge, as do almost all those firms.

2. The SEC under the Democrats are currently prosecuting Goldman Sachs for their crimes, despite lobbying dollars.

1. Goldman Sachs gives more donations to whomever is in charge, as do almost all those firms.

2. The SEC under the Democrats are currently prosecuting Goldman Sachs for their crimes, despite lobbying dollars.

Utterly useless talking points, devoid of meaning or validity.
Ironic, no?

Utterly useless talking points, devoid of meaning or validity.
Ironic, no?

no.

You forgot to include the post I actually made this statement in reference to:

So they elected Obama, he became a tyrant and ignored the will of the people, sold our children's future away, and we are bad people. I got it.

My two points are facts, not some vague hyperbolic accusations.

I discovered them all on my own, not through some talking head or party mouthpiece.

The indictment against Goldman by the SEC is a fact, and the records on corporate donations are easily verifiable, you can check them yourself.

Last edited:
Except your facts are wrong. Not that that's ever stopped a lefty from posting them before.
Goldman Sachs: Recipients | OpenSecrets
Goldman has given more money to Democrats than Republicans in every year except 1996 in Congressional races.

The indictment is political, to drum up Dem support for the Nov election. It won't work.

Except your facts are wrong. Not that that's ever stopped a lefty from posting them before.
Goldman Sachs: Recipients | OpenSecrets
Goldman has given more money to Democrats than Republicans in every year except 1996 in Congressional races.

The indictment is political, to drum up Dem support for the Nov election. It won't work.

Dang, alright, you got me, I should have double checked the specific Goldman figures.

I do know that as far as Goldman-type companies go, donations fluctuate back and forth depending on who's in power.

You are correct in that Goldman seems to be an exception to this rule. My bad.

I also know that the total figures for the financial industry heavily favored Republicans up until 2008 when they changed over.

From your link:

Finance / Credit Companies: Long-Term Contribution Trends | OpenSecrets

Last edited:
As far as the indictment goes, Goldman is clearly guilty of fraud in this case.

It's your suggestion that the SEC is indicting a major contributor to Democrats for Fraud in order to drum up political points?

Why wouldn't they go after someone else if that were the case?

As far as the indictment goes, Goldman is clearly guilty of fraud in this case.

It's your suggestion that the SEC is indicting a major contributor to Democrats for Fraud in order to drum up political points?

Why wouldn't they go after someone else if that were the case?

Why do you think they are "clearly guilty" of fraud? I rather doubt it, in fact.

Goldman is a major contributor to congressmen. The SEC is independent of Congress. Goldman is an obvious target because of bail out money and their record profits, just announced. But in the end nothing will happen to them.

Forum List

Back