American Prayer: Dystopian Democracy (Media?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does American traffic inspire you to think about The People's Court?

This media-yarn was inspired by Mad City.

mara14.jpg

====

Ajay Satan, a political cartoonist was referencing a fictional A.I. robot named Cyclonus, a wolfish assassin, in blogs about the moral vices of capitalism. Ajay compared Cyclonus to Hitler and Trump, suggesting that governance contradictions created a very natural cynicism in modern networks. Was Ajay right?

cyclonus1.jpg

Ajay was a big fan of the American paramilitary fantasy-adventure franchise G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (Hasbro/Marvel), which presented stories about crusading patriots vying with vile terrorists to ensure American security. A female sea-nymph/mermaid named Mara from the comics-oriented franchise named Mara was mired in the terrorism the G.I. Joe crusaders were tackling, and Ajay realized Mara was the diametric opposite of Cyclonus. Mara symbolized all the idealism of governance, while Cyclonus was a Golem of subversion.

mara1.jpg

American horror-film makers were making movies about bizarre masked super-psychopaths invading homes and communities and disseminating eerie and pseudo-apocalyptic messages about the inevitability of doom in a modern capitalism-corrupt America and world. These movies, such as The Purge: Anarchy, Se7en, The Strangers, and Manhunter symbolized a new age paranoia about the reality of anti-social consciousness. Ajay wondered if these horror-films were the 'new age comic books.'

mara2.jpg

American comic book writers and comics film-makers were still inventing stories of incredibly outrageous patriots/soldiers such as Captain America vying with terrorists and fascist across the globe. These justice-themed comics complemented horror-films characterizing all levels of moral anarchy. Ajay wondered if the polarity between Cyclonus and Mara was imprinted onto this matrix of anarchy-conscious folklore. Was the modern world a cauldron of socialization paranoia and ethics parables? Were these parables...necessary? Ajay began making political cartoons about Cyclonus, Mara, and Captain America confronting both terrorists and madmen.

mara3.jpg

As technology soared and consumerism created demands for convenience-toys such as Facebook and Amazon.com, humanity was re-imagining what it really meant to be 'human.' Humans were now 'shoppers' more than writers, so characterizations of human intelligence often involved unusual images of matrix-immersed individuals understanding the metaphysical impact of science and toys. Ethics had become much more...crafted.

mara4.jpg

As a response to this 'aesthetic trend' in modern America, Japanese anime artists/film-makers were inventing new stories/storyboards about outlandish war-minded youth, armed to the teeth with very bizarre weaponry such as giant ice-guns. These anime stories complemented American media focus on pedestrian daydreams...and nightmares. Ajay Satan wondered if all this traffic and commercial networking was creating a new form of insanity --- dystopian/apocalyptic gibberish.

mara5.jpg

American political critics pondered the global impact of all kinds of media scandals involving U.S. President Donald Trump, a former capitalism-baron and the second celebrity-president after Ronald Reagan. Anti-TrumpUSA street-protesters detested all the press attention afforded to these 'low-brow panic' news-stories about Trump immersed in ethical quandaries. Ajay feared there would be some kind of 'dystopian art' hysteria (e.g., anarchy graffiti).

mara7.jpg

Ajay concluded that the polarity between Cyclonus, the wolfish robot, and Mara, the dreamy anti-war muse, was representative of a modern-day 'dark civilization' complete with blood-moons, vampire-like stockbrokers, Facebook junkies, eco-pollution, fake news, terrorism, and of course, urban crime and vandalism. Ajay considered the rather optimistic notion that folk-storytelling could create hope in this time of networking-related 'moral schizophrenia.' Ajay's favorite Hollywood (USA) films included Traffic, American Psycho, Toys, and The Peacemaker.

cartoon3.jpg

American industrialists wanted to ensure that all this sub-cultural hysteria was not threatening commerce and trade. The PyeongChang Olympics created a valuable alliance between North Korea and South Korea. Islamic merchants opened stores across America, and TrumpUSA was moving towards a commerce-gauged sensibility. After 9/11, the world had become 'on edge' about the dangers of ignoring the spiritual value of commerce and peace-promotional trade.

mara8.jpg

Ajay decided to purchase a collection of fashion-dolls on Amazon.com and took pictures of them and made computer-collages of the dolls paired with Cyclonus and Mara to make politics-critical blogs about the aesthetics of modern-day commercial traffic. Ajay believed that the destruction of the World Trade Center on 9/11 would bring a new energizing wave of trade-oriented 'intelligence' (e.g., NASDAQ).

mara9.jpg

American youngsters noted that Hollywood (USA) made countless vigilantism-fantasy comics-oriented films such as Watchmen, The Dark Knight, Marvel's Avengers, Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. These American youngsters simply wanted happy summers of Chuck E. Cheese's pizza and drive-in night-time movies with their parents. Ajay wondered how Cyclonus and Mara could be marketed to kids so as to better deliver educational messages about the sanity of consumerism rather than the sloth of commercial mindlessness (e.g., Wall Street robots).

mara11.png

American media diplomats were celebrities such as Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks and involved politically-conscious Internet-bloggers such as Ajay Satan. Media was a landscape for interactive dialogue, and Ajay wanted modern-day celebrities to make more films symbolic of new age concerns/fears such as American Made, The Ladykillers, and Philadelphia. What would President Trump make of Ajay's media-oriented 'modernism-journalism' crusade?

mara13.jpg

As all this drama developed in modern civilization, two spirits from heaven and hell decided to engage in a special debate about democracy, media, consumerism/commerce, and capitalism. These two deities/spirits were Shiva (a trident-wielding master of destruction who lived in the snow) and Pennywise (a demonic clown who cared only about mischief and anarchy). Shiva and Pennywise wanted to talk about Ajay.

mara12.jpg

SHIVA: I want to talk about Ajay Satan...
PENNYWISE: He's the modern-day Thomas Nast!
SHIVA: There's plenty of moral confusion in America.
PENNYWISE: The Los Angeles Race Riots of 1992 and 9/11 revealed turbulence...
SHIVA: Can Ajay's thesis about Cyclonus/Mara offer creative solutions?
PENNYWISE: It can if Americans are actually passionate about social dialogue.
SHIVA: Well, Americans do love relevant films such as Network and Celebrity.
PENNYWISE: I like Ajay's collection of fashion-dolls.
SHIVA: They complement his collection of modernism 'avatars.'
PENNYWISE: Comics and dramatic films and also horror-films represent pedestrianism.
SHIVA: Maybe Ajay Satan should make a horror-comic about Cyclonus and Mara...
PENNYWISE: Ajay's certainly skilled at political criticism and avatar dioramas.
SHIVA: I'd encourage Ajay to make a horror-comic titled The White House Doll.
PENNYWISE: Would Donald Trump like The White House Doll?
SHIVA: I'm sure he would!
PENNYWISE: America needs a good kick-in-the-pants, not 'idealists.'
SHIVA: I disagree; media diplomats can create waves with basic social discourse.
PENNYWISE: Are you a fan of The People's Court (TV)?
SHIVA: I prefer Garage Sale Mysteries (Lori Loughlin) on the Hallmark Channel.
PENNYWISE: I wonder if Ajay Satan is scared of ISIS.
SHIVA: Everyone's scared of terrorists in some way...
PENNYWISE: Terrorism has altered the 'face' of customs negotiation!
SHIVA: That is both ironic and troubling.
PENNYWISE: I think media/democracy is complemented by art and news.
SHIVA: In fact, that is the hope of people such as Ajay Satan.

cartoon4.jpg

After Shiva and Pennywise concluded their passionate discussion, they returned to their dominions. Shiva decided to visit Ajay Satan in a dream and encourage him to make the Cyclonus/Mara horror-comic The White House Doll. That's just what Ajay did, and it gained the attention of the Trump Administration who labelled Ajay as the 'new Thomas Nast.' Pennywise considered the possibility that media was revolutionizing 'colloquial ethics.' However, the fear that networks would not offer stability lingered...

====

:banana2:

Forum List

Back