American journalist killed by Israeli military

There is one more almost unbelievable omission in the Washington Post's analysis. Unlike the other media investigations, they notice the group of gunmen to the southwest of Abu Akleh, and show their video (#7), noting that the video was uploaded shortly after Abu Akleh was shot but they couldn't confirm the exact time it was taken. (Analysis of the shadows indicates it was taken within 10 minutes of her death but they didn't perform that analysis.)

They show where Jenin militants were based on that video #7:

They don't measure the distance between those Palestinian fighters and Abu Akleh!

If they would, here is what they would find:

They were, at some points, the exact correct distance away from the camera!

I don't know if there is any line of sight from them to her. I doubt it, at that corner, based on photos by Mapillary. But there could have been holes in the wall at that corner. The Washington Post had enough data to look for such a line of sight in Jenin, and didn't bother to do it. Even though these are the only people with guns that they identified who were the proper distance away!

That is a glaring omission, and it shows how the "investigators" had a conclusion in mind and simply did not want to consider any other possibilities.

As I mentioned and have previously reported, I think - based on Ali Samoudi and Shatha Hanaysha's interviews on the same day as the shooting - that she was shot by Palestinian snipers in a house shown to the immediate east of the place it says "580 ft" in the diagram above. Its roof is tall and there is a direct line of sight from there to Abu Akleh. We also know that Jenin militants often simply go to roofs of buildings and shoot wildly, as I showed in this post.

I also found another interview with Shatha Hanaysha, the woman next to Abu Akleh, saying:

We were facing a house and an open space. We were fired upon from an area above us and shots hit the tree I was standing behind from above. It was where Israeli occupation forces were.
She is saying that the bullets came from above, similar to her previous statement that they came from a building. That is further indication that Shireen was killed by Palestinian snipers that she thought were IDF. (IDF snipers do not use 5.56 mm bullets.)

One more data point. If there were snipers on roofs all over Jenin, as multiple witnesses attest, why do we not have video of any of them?

One reason may be this message in the Jenin Telegram channel from 5:28 AM: "Please brothers, the family inside the houses, no one photograph the gunmen - pray for them." There were explicit instructions to avoid taking photos or videos of the militants, seemingly specifically the ones who barge into houses to take up sniper positions. The IDf would be aware of the people on the ground, but if I am reading this correctly, the leaders in the camp were trying to maintain a tactical advantage of hidden snipers where residents would know if gunmen were on their own roof but they might be hidden from the IDF.

In other words, the investigators using open source materials fall into the trap of thinking that the open source materials are an accurate and complete record, when in fact there are other factors that makes them quite incomplete.

Put it all together, and the Washington Post investigators didn't even try to investigate anything beyond what they wanted to be true. If anything, they provided even more proof that Israel could not have killed Shireen Abu Akleh.

(full article online)

There is one more almost unbelievable omission in the Washington Post's analysis. Unlike the other media investigations, they notice the group of gunmen to the southwest of Abu Akleh, and show their video (#7), noting that the video was uploaded shortly after Abu Akleh was shot but they couldn't confirm the exact time it was taken. (Analysis of the shadows indicates it was taken within 10 minutes of her death but they didn't perform that analysis.)

They show where Jenin militants were based on that video #7:

They don't measure the distance between those Palestinian fighters and Abu Akleh!

If they would, here is what they would find:

They were, at some points, the exact correct distance away from the camera!

I don't know if there is any line of sight from them to her. I doubt it, at that corner, based on photos by Mapillary. But there could have been holes in the wall at that corner. The Washington Post had enough data to look for such a line of sight in Jenin, and didn't bother to do it. Even though these are the only people with guns that they identified who were the proper distance away!

That is a glaring omission, and it shows how the "investigators" had a conclusion in mind and simply did not want to consider any other possibilities.

As I mentioned and have previously reported, I think - based on Ali Samoudi and Shatha Hanaysha's interviews on the same day as the shooting - that she was shot by Palestinian snipers in a house shown to the immediate east of the place it says "580 ft" in the diagram above. Its roof is tall and there is a direct line of sight from there to Abu Akleh. We also know that Jenin militants often simply go to roofs of buildings and shoot wildly, as I showed in this post.

I also found another interview with Shatha Hanaysha, the woman next to Abu Akleh, saying:

She is saying that the bullets came from above, similar to her previous statement that they came from a building. That is further indication that Shireen was killed by Palestinian snipers that she thought were IDF. (IDF snipers do not use 5.56 mm bullets.)

One more data point. If there were snipers on roofs all over Jenin, as multiple witnesses attest, why do we not have video of any of them?

One reason may be this message in the Jenin Telegram channel from 5:28 AM: "Please brothers, the family inside the houses, no one photograph the gunmen - pray for them." There were explicit instructions to avoid taking photos or videos of the militants, seemingly specifically the ones who barge into houses to take up sniper positions. The IDf would be aware of the people on the ground, but if I am reading this correctly, the leaders in the camp were trying to maintain a tactical advantage of hidden snipers where residents would know if gunmen were on their own roof but they might be hidden from the IDF.

In other words, the investigators using open source materials fall into the trap of thinking that the open source materials are an accurate and complete record, when in fact there are other factors that makes them quite incomplete.

Put it all together, and the Washington Post investigators didn't even try to investigate anything beyond what they wanted to be true. If anything, they provided even more proof that Israel could not have killed Shireen Abu Akleh.

(full article online)

Ask why the Palestinians won’t release the bullet and there will be no response.

Shatha Hanaysha is the woman who was next to Shireen Abu Akleh when she was shot.She has insisted that Israel targeted Abu Akleh deliberately, and has been telling all news media that story.

But she was involved in another shooting incident, in Jenin, only a few months ago.

Hanaysha, who works for the site UltraPal, had been covering clan clashes and "security chaos" in Jenin, where people wantonly shoot weapons all the time. She apparently upset someone with her reporting and they shot her car.

It was a death threat from the "shebab" of Jenin.

The Palestinian Media Forum denounced the shooting, saying it was "an attempt to deliver a message of threat and intimidation to her, for her coverage of the issues of lawlessness, family problems and the chaos of arms in Jenin Governorate on more than one occasion."

The Human Rights Institutions Association also condemned the shooting, saying that journalists are being targeted for their reporting.

By Palestinians.

At the same time that the world is reporting Hanaysha's lies that Israel targets journalists, she herself was targeted by the Palestinians who she doesn't want to blame. She is known for reporting on Jenin youth wildly shooting at people - but she doesn't want the world to know that part about Jenin.

I'm not saying that the Jenin terrorists targeted Abu Akleh or Hanaysha, but this proves that Jenin gunmen are known to threaten and intimidate journalists - with guns.

We've seen the wild shooting from Jenin youth.

The killing of Shireen Abu Akleh is more consistent with trigger-happy, immature youth with guns and inflated egos than with a professional army.

There is a lot of context about Jenin that the world is refusing to report, because the lie of Israel targeting civilians has become the mainstream narrative.

I mentioned yesterday that the founder of Bellingcat, Eliot Higgins, started insulting my research about the Shireen Abu Akleh while refusing to actually say what my mistakes were. This pattern continued throughout the day on Twitter as people pressed him that an OSINT researcher should take criticism seriously.

Higgins has been ignoring my responses, but he started answering others today. Here are his few specific critiques of my research as he engaged with tweeter Jonah Balfour, who is a fine researcher:

EH: The interpretation of the "sniper" videos are a real tell when it comes to the author's biases.

JB: In what way? He had someone translate the video in which one of the witnesses points to “snipers” in houses towards the southeast. Again, you criticize his interpretation without saying what’s wrong with it. Screenshot of his transcript below:

-----------
His tweets over the past couple of days, where he makes assumptions that not only am I biased but so are my readers, indicate more than a little projection. (My readers are not shy about calling out my mistakes!)

Finally, there is a huge irony in Higgins claiming that I have no credentials and am not an expert like he is.

I am not prone to bragging. As an anonymous writer, I need to make up for my lack of credentials by doing....OSINT. Like most Bellingcat articles, I show my work and anyone can reproduce my methodology. (I generally don't issue reports, though, since I write multiple articles a day - I show my work even as I'm doing it. And I correct when I'm wrong.)

But once Higgins wants to bring in qualifications, let's do it.

I have been doing what can be defined as OSINT since at least 2007. I have broken more stories than I can count based on open sources that the media ignores - video analysis, databases, statistics, photo analysis. I do not only rely on the experts - as much as possible, I try to reproduce their methodology. I do my own math. I test different assumptions. In this case, I did my own audio analysis to confirm the physics of the gunshots. I verified the geolocation. I may be a little rusty but my college education is in engineering and science. Higgins, on the other hand:

The very person who encourages ordinary people to do their own research, who has no education in the topic of OSINT, who dropped out of college and who never had a professional job, is saying that I am unqualified to do what he does.

That is bias. That is ego. And those are the enemies of objective OSINT research.

I am not fond of attacking people - I want to prove the truth about Shireen Abu Akleh and that's it. But if this person is attacking my objectivity and my methodology, then it is fair game to point out his hypocrisy and his bias.

(full article online)

Will new evidence force action on Shireen Abu Akleh's killing? | Inside Story​

Nah, evidence has nothing to do with what Al Jazeera wants to force,
Their narrative was to blame the Jews - before even claiming to
have any evidence.

But do Arabs care much or even respect Al Jazeera
exploiting her for another 'Arab spring' propaganda?

Israel on Friday reiterated its call to the Palestinian Authority to hand over the bullet that killed Shireen Abu Akleh to determine culpability amid publications of “biased investigations” into the death of Al Jazeera journalist in recent days.

“The Palestinian Authority cooperates with Israel on investigations from time to time,” the IDF said in a statement. “The Palestinians’ refusal to transfer the bullet and hold a joint investigation with American representation is telling of their motives.”

(full article online)

Will There Be Justice For Shireen Abu Akleh? | The Mehdi Hasan Show​

Will the PA allow the US and Israel to check the bullet which killed her, or are they going to continue to play the Blame Israel Game? Just asking.

Do you have any info from your reliable sources on that?

Will the PA allow the US and Israel to check the bullet which killed her, or are they going to continue to play the Blame Israel Game? Just asking.

Do you have any info from your reliable sources on that?

Do you know how many times I have asked that question and Tinmore won't respond? Keep laughing Did you see his post where Ms. Tlaib condemned Joe Biden for not speaking out about this??
Crime including Mass Killings, Murder, Robberies,Rapes, etc in record high's , BRANDON has nothing to say about that yet he's expected to comment about this ??? LOL!!!!!

Do you know how many times I have asked that question and Tinmore won't respond? Keep laughing Did you see his post where Ms. Tlaib condemned Joe Biden for not speaking out about this??
Crime including Mass Killings, Murder, Robberies,Rapes, etc in record high's , BRANDON has nothing to say about that yet he's expected to comment about this ??? LOL!!!!!
Never mind Tlaib, she has her own agendas. Why should Biden bother with what she says?

What exactly is Biden supposed to say, specifically? Is that something any President would get involved in? Doesn't the US government have a department, agency, people to deal with this issue?

As far as I can see, both parties are trying to resolve this issue:

Last edited:
Never mind Tlaib, she has her own agendas. Why should Biden bother with what she says?

What exactly is Biden supposed to say, specifically? Is that something any President would get involved in? Doesn't the US government have a department, agency, people to deal with this issue?

As far as I can see, both parties are trying to resolve this issue:

I agree with you! I just think it’s HYSTERICAL that Tinmore has the CHUZPAH to complain that Biden hasn’t “ addressed this issue “ while he has not addressed issues in THIS Country! 🇮🇱😀

New Topics

Forum List

Back