American blacks of the present feel about their African cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

longly

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2013
I am curious, and I've been curious about this for a long time. How do American blacks of the present feel about their African cousins who sold their ancestors into slavery? If the Africans had not sold their ancestors into slavery, American blacks wouldn't be in America today. They would be in Africa, and not nearly as well off; life in America is much better than life in Africa. So how do American blacks feel about their African cousins? I know that some blacks claim that their ancestors were kidnapped by whites and transported to the Americas. But that is just crap.

During slave times, Europeans did not have the power to capture large numbers of people in Africa. And the kidnapping of individuals was both counterproductive and uneconomical. It would enrage local chiefs and kings and caused trouble; it wasn't worth it. The slave traders were in a wholesale business, and time was money. True Europeans had the gun, but the matchlock, the gun of the time, was not much of a weapon. The gun's only real advantage over the bow was easy to use; it required much less training. The Africans had the matchlock as well. And Africans were organized into nations with kings and armies; a few whites in a boat had little chance of overcoming a country or even a village. It was the local kings who captured entire armies of blacks and sold them into slavery

Last edited:
I am curious, and I've been curious about this for a long time. How do American blacks of the present feel about their African cousins who sold their ancestors into slavery? If the Africans had not sold their ancestors into slavery, American blacks wouldn't be in America today. They would be in Africa, and not nearly as well off; life in America is much better than life in Africa. So how do American blacks feel about their African cousins? I know that some blacks claim that their ancestors were kidnapped by whites and transported to the Americas. But that is just crap.

During slave times, Europeans did not have the power to capture large numbers of people in Africa. And the kidnapping of individuals was both counterproductive and uneconomical. It would enrage local chiefs and kings and caused trouble; it wasn't worth it. The slave traders were in a wholesale business, and time was money. True Europeans had the gun, but the matchlock, the gun of the time, was not much of a weapon. The gun's only real advantage over the bow was easy to use; it required much less training. The Africans had the matchlock as well. And Africans were organized into nations with kings and armies; a few whites in a boat had little chance of overcoming a country or even a village. It was the local kings who captured entire armies of blacks and sold them into slavery

Africans did not make slavery legal here. Africans did not force whites to buy their prisoners of war. Africans did not create black codes, jim crow, northern segregation or the modern racism of whites today. You post is bullshit as Africans were indeed kidnapped in some cases and in others whites would arm one tribe with guns and then buy the captives. Your opinion regarding this matter is disingenuous and that's being polite.

Schomburg Center for the Research of Black Culture “The Abolition of the Slave Trade-African Resistance.” Home - The Abolition of The Slave Trade

Africans did not make slavery legal here. Africans did not force whites to buy their prisoners of war. Africans did not create black codes, jim crow, northern segregation or the modern racism of whites today. You post is bullshit as Africans were indeed kidnapped in some cases and in others whites would arm one tribe with guns and then buy the captives. Your opinion regarding this matter is disingenuous and that's being polite.

Schomburg Center for the Research of Black Culture “The Abolition of the Slave Trade-African Resistance.” Home - The Abolition of The Slave Trade
1632687015313.png

And it only took an African American suing in court to make it legal.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

How do American 'Europeans' feel about their European cousins who slaughtered and starved their ancestors?
I doubt that many even think about it; to them, the world didn't begin until after they were born. The suffering of the past has long been forgotten. It is interesting to think that if life in Europe had not been so oppressive and brutal that we would have most likely never come here, and we wouldn't be Americans today, the freest people on earth.

I doubt that many even think about it; to them, the world didn't begin until after they were born. The suffering of the past has long been forgotten. It is interesting to think that if life in Europe had not been so oppressive and brutal that we would have most likely never come here, and we wouldn't be Americans today, the freest people on earth.
Stop lying.

Africans made slavery legal in Africa. How do you feel about them selling your ancestors?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Stop lying about what?
"I doubt that many even think about it; to them, the world didn't begin until after they were born. The suffering of the past has long been forgotten. It is interesting to think that if life in Europe had not been so oppressive and brutal that we would have most likely never come here, and we wouldn't be Americans today, the freest people on earth."

How do American 'Europeans' feel about their European cousins who slaughtered and starved their ancestors?
They should be thankful for their industrious and warmongering ancestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back