America, wakeup!

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Can Americans believe this? Taking needed weapons from our forces fighting in Afghanistan to give to Israel, free via AIPAC....

Our Democracy hijacked by Zionism via money without morals.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...wipes-v-22-ospreys-from-us-marines-sells.aspx

Pentagon Swipes V-22 Ospreys From U.S. Marines, Sells Them to Israel InsteadBy Rich Smith | More Articles | Save For Later
January 18, 2014 | Comments (16)

Don't let it get away!

Keep track of the stocks that matter to you.

Help yourself with the Fool's FREE and easy new watchlist service today.
• Click Here Now

Source: Wikimedia Commons.

In what has easily the biggest development in defense news this week, Congress just received notice that the United States is exporting cutting-edge tiltrotor technology to Israel.

More amazingly -- the six V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft that Israel will be buying were originally supposed to go to the U.S. Marines, currently fighting a shooting war in Afghanistan.
Does this make sense? Taking valuable military equipment from our own soldiers, and giving it away (as a general rule, Israel gets its arms paid for out of U.S. annual military aid) to Israel instead?

The situation
Hemmed in by Hamas to the west, Fatah to the east, and Hezbollah (and a rapidly disintegrating Syria) to the north, Israel certainly lives in a dangerous neighborhood. Time after time, Israeli special forces are called upon to take pre-emptive action to defuse looming threats -- and they can't often fly into a friendly airport to do it.

So when Israel learned that U.S. defense contractors Boeing (NYSE: BA ) and Textron (NYSE: TXT ) had developed a new kind of "aircraft," one that can take off and land like a helicopter, and carry nearly as many special-forces troops into combat as a fully loaded Chinook -- but fly higher and nearly twice as fast as that whirlybird -- Israel's interest was quite naturally piqued.

How many soldiers can you load onto a V-22 Osprey? More than this many. Source: Boeing.

There was just one problem: So far, the U.S. has kept its tiltrotor technology entirely to itself. To date, America hasn't sold one single Osprey to any of its allies, anywhere, ever. Until now.

The sale
Pressed by Israel to make an exception in its case, U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel agreed in October to "expedite" approval of Israel as the first foreign buyer of V-22 Ospreys. In the interests of enhancing "the range and effectiveness of Israeli special forces," Hagel made a promise: Of the 21 V-22s that Boeing and Textron will build this year, "Israel will get six V-22s out of the next order to go on the assembly line."

This week, we took the first step toward fulfilling that promise, when the U.S. Defense Security Cooperation Agency officially notified Congress of plans to sell the Ospreys to Israel. Congress has 15 days to pass a joint resolution banning the sale. Failing that, it will proceed.

(When does the clock start ticking? Technically, it started Monday. But practically, it doesn't matter when the notification took place -- because Congress has never vetoed a foreign military sale after receiving DSCA notification. Ever.)

Last edited:
Can Americans believe this? Taking needed weapons from our forces fighting in Afghanistan to give to Israel, free via AIPAC....

Pentagon Swipes V-22 Ospreys From U.S. Marines, Sells Them to Israel Instead

Pentagon Swipes V-22 Ospreys From U.S. Marines, Sells Them to Israel InsteadBy Rich Smith | More Articles | Save For Later

Don't let it get away!

• Click Here Now

In what has easily the biggest development in defense news this week, Congress just received notice that the United States is exporting cutting-edge tiltrotor technology to Israel.

More amazingly -- the six V-22 Osprey tiltrotor aircraft that Israel will be buying were originally supposed to go to the U.S. Marines, currently fighting a shooting war in Afghanistan.
Does this make sense? Taking valuable military equipment from our own soldiers, and giving it away (as a general rule, Israel gets its arms paid for out of U.S. annual military aid) to Israel instead?

The situation
Hemmed in by Hamas to the west, Fatah to the east, and Hezbollah (and a rapidly disintegrating Syria) to the north, Israel certainly lives in a dangerous neighborhood. Time after time, Israeli special forces are called upon to take pre-emptive action to defuse looming threats -- and they can't often fly into a friendly airport to do it.

So when Israel learned that U.S. defense contractors Boeing (NYSE: BA ) and Textron (NYSE: TXT ) had developed a new kind of "aircraft," one that can take off and land like a helicopter, and carry nearly as many special-forces troops into combat as a fully loaded Chinook -- but fly higher and nearly twice as fast as that whirlybird -- Israel's interest was quite naturally piqued.

How many soldiers can you load onto a V-22 Osprey? More than this many. Source: Boeing.

There was just one problem: So far, the U.S. has kept its tiltrotor technology entirely to itself. To date, America hasn't sold one single Osprey to any of its allies, anywhere, ever. Until now.

The sale
Pressed by Israel to make an exception in its case, U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel agreed in October to "expedite" approval of Israel as the first foreign buyer of V-22 Ospreys. In the interests of enhancing "the range and effectiveness of Israeli special forces," Hagel made a promise: Of the 21 V-22s that Boeing and Textron will build this year, "Israel will get six V-22s out of the next order to go on the assembly line."

This week, we took the first step toward fulfilling that promise, when the U.S. Defense Security Cooperation Agency officially notified Congress of plans to sell the Ospreys to Israel. Congress has 15 days to pass a joint resolution banning the sale. Failing that, it will proceed.

(When does the clock start ticking? Technically, it started Monday. But practically, it doesn't matter when the notification took place -- because Congress has never vetoed a foreign military sale after receiving DSCA notification. Ever.)
Remember what FDR said about friends and neighbors? "Suppose my neighbor's home catches fire, and I have a length of garden hose....." You get the picture?

Don't let it get away!

• Click Here Now

The situation

The sale

Remember what FDR said about friends and neighbors? "Suppose my neighbor's home catches fire, and I have a length of garden hose....." You get the picture?

Our so called friends insult our diplomats, refuse to stop settlement building, refuses to sign a doable peace....

Our friend is spreading the fire and wants us to keep bailing them out at the cost of our own security....with a friend like that, who needs enemies?

Don't let it get away!

• Click Here Now

The situation

The sale

Our so called friends insult our diplomats, refuse to stop settlement building, refuses to sign a doable peace....

Our friend is spreading the fire and wants us to keep bailing them out at the cost of our own security....with a friend like that, who needs enemies?

Israel is building settlements in the U.S ?? Damn, this is news to me !

Pbel, we get it, you hate the fact that the U.S and Israel are allies.

Get over it, because it not going to change. And I don't mean that in a harmful way, I promise you that, it's more like advice.
I'm also not 'shuting you up', but I think it's time you just accept it.

As for the aircraft going to Israel, do you really feel like this will have any negative affect on troops in Afghanistan, regarding their missions, security? Do you really think the U.S would decide to give those aircraft to Israel if it meant putting U.S troops in Afghanistan in harms way??

Get over it, because it not going to change. And I don't mean that in a harmful way, I promise you that, it's more like advice.

As for the aircraft going to Israel, do you really feel like this will have any negative affect on troops in Afghanistan, regarding their missions, security? Do you really think the U.S would decide to give those aircraft to Israel if it meant putting U.S troops in Afghanistan in harms way??

Our alliance with Israel is a one way street that has brought Terrorism to our shores and abroad.

Given the aircraft's safety record, the anti-Semitic assholes on this thread might as well be happy about it.

Our alliance with Israel is a one way street that has brought Terrorism to our shores and abroad.

No, ignorant, hateful radicals brought terrorism to our shores and abroad. If you remove the Israel/America equation they'd find another reason to continue. Oh yeah, America is still the "Great Satan" with allies and trading partners......... Try again Sparkette.

Forum List

Back