America makes aircraft carriers. China sells stuff…

I don’t believe any of that, but it is typical thinking of many Americans.

Yet somehow these same Americans don’t know their own government is crushing THEM, constantly lying to THEM, pushing dangerous drugs for the benefit of big corporations on THEM, refusing to upgrade our failing infrastructure while giving billions to a corrupt Nazi infested nation for the benefit of a few big war profiteer corporations.
Sorry, but as stupid and ridiculous as the Americans can be, the C.C.P. is a real cake taker.

Sorry, but as stupid and ridiculous as the Americans can be, the C.C.P. is a real cake taker.
Yes China has a screwed up authoritarian government, but they are doing things that help their people. The US not so much. Our government is completely controlled by big corporations and billionaires. I’m not sure which is worse that or the CCP.

Yes China has a screwed up authoritarian government, but they are doing things that help their people. The US not so much. Our government is completely controlled by big corporations and billionaires. I’m not sure which is worse that or the CCP.
Understood, but the C.C.P. has the prize in my books.

You think voting will change things? LMFAO. Are 12 years old?

That’s terribly naive of you.

I think that if people stand up and demand proportional representation then the elected will end up running on it. The people do have power, they just choose not to use it.

Change could happen, it's not like a dictatorship.

I think that if people stand up and demand proportional representation then the elected will end up running on it. The people do have power, they just choose not to use it.

Change could happen, it's not like a dictatorship.
As you must know, the people seldom use their power. They allow the elite to rule them.

As you must know, the people seldom use their power. They allow the elite to rule them.

Sure, and I'm literally telling them they can get the power, get more power, just by having PR, and they go "What's PR, I have the whole internet at my fingertips and I have no idea what it is" or "feck off, we don't want no foreign stuff" or other nonsense like that.

Sure, and I'm literally telling them they can get the power, get more power, just by having PR, and they go "What's PR, I have the whole internet at my fingertips and I have no idea what it is" or "feck off, we don't want no foreign stuff" or other nonsense like that.
There are a lot of things the people could do to take power, but the reality is they won’t.

In the U.S., the entire House and a third of the Senate can be thrown out every two years. That is peaceful revolution built into the Constitution. People never do it, though.
The duopoly is serene.

China produces and consumes about 60 percent of the world's cement -- the Three Gorges Dam alone required 16 million tonnes of it. To put China's massive 21st century construction splurge and concrete consumption into perspective, Bill Gates made a mind-blowing comparison.

According to his blog, between 2011 and 2013, China consumed 6.6 gigatons of concrete - that's more than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century. Look at what the U.S. built between 1901 and 2000: all those skyscrapers, the Interstate, the Hoover Dam, the list goes on and on but all that concrete only amounted to 4.5 gigatons.

1664277813915.png

China produces and consumes about 60 percent of the world's cement -- the Three Gorges Dam alone required 16 million tonnes of it. To put China's massive 21st century construction splurge and concrete consumption into perspective, Bill Gates made a mind-blowing comparison.

According to his blog, between 2011 and 2013, China consumed 6.6 gigatons of concrete - that's more than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century. Look at what the U.S. built between 1901 and 2000: all those skyscrapers, the Interstate, the Hoover Dam, the list goes on and on but all that concrete only amounted to 4.5 gigatons.

View attachment 702137
I have always been told, that shit is terrible for the environment. It consumes massive amounts of energy, water, and causes a huge imbalance to nature.

I have always been told, that shit is terrible for the environment. It consumes massive amounts of energy, water, and causes a huge imbalance to nature.

Agreed, but it does reveal how far China has advanced.

Forum List

Back