America is split between people who remember things and people who think

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
In the Education realm, this is a solidified fact.

The smartest people in American History don't simply repeat information, they are Creative thinkers who MAKE information.

Repeating information is not smart. It's what a parrot does.

Discussing what a parrot repeats is what we see today.

Here again the insecure dope tries to convince himself he's 'smart.' The OP is pathetic in his transparent begging for affirmation.

A Priori and A Posteriori
The terms "a priori" and "a posteriori" are used primarily to denote the foundations upon which aproposition is known. A given proposition is knowable a priori if it can be known independent of any experience other than the experience of learning the language in which the proposition is expressed, whereas a proposition that is knowable a posteriori is known on the basis of experience. For example, the proposition that all bachelors are unmarried is a priori, and the proposition that it is raining outside now is a posteriori.

The distinction between the two terms is epistemological and immediately relates to the justification for why a given item of knowledge is held. For instance, a person who knows (a priori) that "All bachelors are unmarried" need not have experienced the unmarried status of all—or indeed any—bachelors to justify this proposition. By contrast, if I know that "It is raining outside," knowledge of this proposition must be justified by appealing to someone's experience of the weather.

Read more at the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, and the article on Epistemology at the same source.

An example of the narcissism that has so consumed our country is this tactic, "if you disagree with me you're dumb".

I don't really know when this started, but it does take you back to third grade, doesn't it?

It's essentially impossible to communicate with someone like that, and it's playing a role in our decay.

An example of the narcissism that has so consumed our country is this tactic, "if you disagree with me you're dumb".

I don't really know when this started, but it does take you back to third grade, doesn't it?

It's essentially impossible to communicate with someone like that, and it's playing a role in our decay.

That has to do with the fact that political "thought" has become fraught with rigid orthodoxy and and an aversion to self-examination.

That has to do with the fact that political "thought" has become fraught with rigid orthodoxy and and an aversion to self-examination.

If this ^^^ is a thinly veiled attack on PoliticalChic ,,,, it is spot on!

I'm not veiling anything, too many people just decided they were conservative or liberal and just adopted a whole slate of positions and are entirely unable to defend those positions on a rational level.

I'm not veiling anything, too many people just decided they were conservative or liberal and just adopted a whole slate of positions and are entirely unable to defend those positions on a rational level.

I understood, and I agree. I simply pointed out the archetype.

Rewriting history for political purposes is dangerous for any society. If we are unable to learn from historical facts, then we are doomed to repeat our mistakes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back