America is on the decline...

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I've been hearing a lot of talk about how America is in decline and everyone is all worried about it but I am not. In fact, I really don't care about America's decline or rise as much as I am concerned about each individual's personal greatness. I'm concerned that we might be creating a government that trumps your own personal greatness in favor of its own 'greatness'.

What we should seek, in my opinion, is not national greatness as that is just leftist speak for nationalism and more power to the collective. We should seek personal greatness in our own lives where national greatness is not even an afterthought in comparison to our own needs.

The only 'greatness' is our own 'personal greatness'.

Personally, I'm on the "recline". I think I shall go get into my recliner and take a nap.

I've been hearing a lot of talk about how America is in decline and everyone is all worried about it but I am not. In fact, I really don't care about America's decline or rise as much as I am concerned about each individual's personal greatness. I'm concerned that we might be creating a government that trumps your own personal greatness in favor of its own 'greatness'.

What we should seek, in my opinion, is not national greatness as that is just leftist speak for nationalism and more power to the collective. We should seek personal greatness in our own lives where national greatness is not even an afterthought in comparison to our own needs.

Spoken like a Dutchman!

'To hell with the country! As long as I have mine, I'll do OK!'

• Banned

Spoken like a Dutchman!

Its amazing the nationalistic tendencies that come out of the people on the left especially after that seems to be their standard criticisms of the right. You forget that our government exist for our prosperity, freedom, and protection. It exist for me, I don't exist for it.

Spoken like a Dutchman!

Its amazing the nationalistic tendencies that come out of the people on the left especially after that seems to be their standard criticisms of the right. You forget that our government exist for our prosperity, freedom, and protection. It exist for me, I don't exist for it.
Nationalism is NOT the standard for criticism from the Left. Perhaps you just aren't paying attention. It's the "my country right or wrong" attitude about right wing nationalism that makes the left criticize you righties.

• Banned
Spoken like a Dutchman!

Nationalism is NOT the standard for criticism from the Left. Perhaps you just aren't paying attention. It's the "my country right or wrong" attitude about right wing nationalism that makes the left criticize you righties.

Having an opinion that your country is doing the correct thing is nationalism?

You guys hate America. Its obvious in the way you want to defend terrorist yet not defend American soldiers who are accused of much less serious crimes. You do it because you have not sense of connection to your fellow citizen. You see government as something that goes against the people of this country while I see government as a protector of the people of this country. Its the reason why you see it as a tool of justice when used against your fellow citizens but see it as a warcrime to use that same tool against Islamic terrorist.

Last edited:

You guys hate America. Its obvious in the way you want to defend terrorist yet not defend American soldiers who are accused of much less serious crimes. You do it because you have not sense of connection to your fellow citizen. You see government as something that goes against the people of this country while I see government as a protector of the people of this country. Its the reason why you see it as a tool of justice when used against your fellow citizens but see it as a warcrime to use that same tool against Islamic terrorist.

That's not the same as 'my country right or wrong' is it?

Be honest and try again!

And where do you come off making a blanket statement like You guys hate America?

And furthering the rhetorical hole you have dug: Its obvious in the way you want to defend terrorist yet not defend American soldiers who are accused of much less serious crimes. When has someone suggested that soldiers accused of crimes should not be defended?

Good Lord! Is it always one step forward, two steps back or are you going to make a responsible point just once?

Wow.....
One of the most inane posts ever.

• Banned

Be honest and try again!

And where do you come off making a blanket statement like You guys hate America?

And furthering the rhetorical hole you have dug: Its obvious in the way you want to defend terrorist yet not defend American soldiers who are accused of much less serious crimes. When has someone suggested that soldiers accused of crimes should not be defended?

Good Lord! Is it always one step forward, two steps back or are you going to make a responsible point just once?

People who believe that government exist for their purpose will always seek to defend American soldiers or fellow citizens with as much vigor or more than people who come here to kill us such as Islamic terrorist.

The ACLU is a good example of this 'liberal' philosophy where they defend terrorist with passion in the name of justice and seem to not care about what Islamic terrorist are doing. Can you name me one ACLU lawyer that has ever sided with the victims of crimes or America? It seems to me that their philosophy of government is pursuing justice against the American people while I think that government exist for the protection of the American people. If you think otherwise then tell me what does "of the people, for the people, and by the people" is suppose to mean?

Wow.....
One of the most inane posts ever.

...and this is one of the most intelligent replies you have ever made.

Be honest and try again!

People who believe that government exist for their purpose will always seek to defend American soldiers or fellow citizens with as much vigor or more than people who come here to kill us such as Islamic terrorist.

The ACLU is a good example of this 'liberal' philosophy where they defend terrorist with passion in the name of justice and seem to not care about what Islamic terrorist are doing. Can you name me one ACLU lawyer that has ever sided with the victims of crimes or America? It seems to me that their philosophy of government is pursuing justice against the American people while I think that government exist for the protection of the American people. If you think otherwise then tell me what does "of the people, for the people, and by the people" is suppose to mean?
What does "with Liberty and Justice for all" mean?

Be honest and try again!

A really bad idea sunk into our heads during the progressive era. It should have said "freedom for all". That, by itself, ensures everything.

Last edited:

A really bad idea sunk into our heads during the progressive era. It should have said "freedom for all". That, by itself, ensures everything.

How on earth can you defend the idea of liberty and justice for all as a bad idea?

How on earth can you defend the idea of liberty and justice for all as a bad idea?

I see it as a self-cancelling sentence since someone's concept of social justice could become a restriction on someone else's liberty. EX: It might be justice to execute women who committed abortion but that might interfere with their liberty to live.

Be honest and try again!

The ACLU's purpose is to protect people FROM the government.

They are the American Civil Liberties Union, after all. They defend people's rights against the government.

For the first time ever, America won more medals at the Winter Olympics than anyone. So America is on the rise in my book.

Of course, you didn't win as many gold medals as Canada, but that's okay. We can't all be number one!

The American dreams declines to an extent because the reactionaries and the far right loons can't adapt the greatness and goodness of America to increasing globalism and ever-changing technology. These changes scare them, and eventually because they cannot cope, they will continue to be marginalized on the ever receding sides of our society. At that point, America will rise to greatness again, shed of the far right perversions that have infected our great GOP and country since the 1980s.

Last edited:
The American dreams declines to an extent because the reactionaries and the far right loons can't adapt the greatness and goodness of America to increasing globalism and ever-changing technology. These changes scare them, and eventually because they cannot cope, they will continue to be marginalized on the ever receding sides of our society. At that point, America will rise to greatness again, shed of the far right perversions that have infected our great GOP and country since the 1980s.

Nationals Greatness is pointless is nothing if you don't have the freedom to achieve personal greatness and I think this country would be better when we realize that because its the pursuit of happiness that this government was suppose to protect not pursuit of national greatness.
Personal greatness...100%
National greatness...0%

Last edited:
that's not the same as 'my country right or wrong' is it?

Be honest and try again!

And where do you come off making a blanket statement like you guys hate america?

And furthering the rhetorical hole you have dug: its obvious in the way you want to defend terrorist yet not defend american soldiers who are accused of much less serious crimes. when has someone suggested that soldiers accused of crimes should not be defended?

Good lord! Is it always one step forward, two steps back or are you going to make a responsible point just once?

people who believe that government exist for their purpose will always seek to defend american soldiers or fellow citizens with as much vigor or more than people who come here to kill us such as islamic terrorist.

The aclu is a good example of this 'liberal' philosophy where they defend terrorist with passion in the name of justice and seem to not care about what islamic terrorist are doing. Can you name me one aclu lawyer that has ever sided with the victims of crimes or america? It seems to me that their philosophy of government is pursuing justice against the american people while i think that government exist for the protection of the american people. If you think otherwise then tell me what does "of the people, for the people, and by the people" is suppose to mean?

the aclu's purpose is to protect people from the government.

They are the american civil liberties union, after all. They defend people's rights against the government.

lol

people who believe that government exist for their purpose will always seek to defend american soldiers or fellow citizens with as much vigor or more than people who come here to kill us such as islamic terrorist.

The aclu is a good example of this 'liberal' philosophy where they defend terrorist with passion in the name of justice and seem to not care about what islamic terrorist are doing. Can you name me one aclu lawyer that has ever sided with the victims of crimes or america? It seems to me that their philosophy of government is pursuing justice against the american people while i think that government exist for the protection of the american people. If you think otherwise then tell me what does "of the people, for the people, and by the people" is suppose to mean?

the aclu's purpose is to protect people from the government.

They are the american civil liberties union, after all. They defend people's rights against the government.

lol

The "LOL" was a little rude. I actually applaud all organizations that protect people from the government by making sure constitutional procedures are followed so that is not what I am criticizing. However, there is no point in protecting people from the government and still allow those same people to be unprotected from the criminals when they defend them to the point where criminal prosecutions are almost impossible to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back