America First

Treaty? We don't need no stinkin' treaty. Foreign aid funding for COVID was already passed.

The $2 billion in vaccines already paid for to use in America was my point to start with.
If he is going to get the additional $1.5 billion from the $1.9 billion American Relief Act ...
Then he is lying because more than $0.4 billion has already been spent.

But them again, he approved $100 million for Egyptian College Students going to college in Egypt
in the American Relief Act, so that's pretty much a sham anyway.

No, the 2 billion is pledged to COVAX which is a WHO vaccine disbursement program. Or at least that's how I'm reading it.

Covax is the World Health Organization (Unicef and a few others),
but that's not where the money is coming from.

We already appropriated 2 billion to COVAX.

While millions of Americans are still waiting to get access to the vaccine, administration officials said that contributing the funds, which were specifically appropriated by Congress in December for foreign pandemic assistance, will help Americans by reducing the risk of further mutations that could extend the pandemic.

2 billion more will be coming and it would also have to be approved by Congress.

Oh ... So President Biden didn't pledge the $ 2 Billion ... That was the Congress under Former President Trump's administration.
Thanks for tying the money into Congress.

Look at post 76. They even want to hide from being Leader of the Free World.

Let somebody else do it. We don't have the balls any more

The world does not trust our leadership anymore. We are too unstable and our country is being taken over by the crazies
Trump was supposed to be The Greatest Dealmaker in the History of Historical Histories.

When it was time to work with Europe, he ran like a scared little bunny, afraid they'd take advantage of him.

Weird!
Trump is an expert on breaking existing deals, he has no values or integrity.

However, making better deals means respect and trust. Something nobody has for Trump
I think the whole world, our allies and adversaries, knew that before he was even elected.
You are correct...Trump ran on spending money on the US, not rebuilding the rest of the world.

Treaty? We don't need no stinkin' treaty. Foreign aid funding for COVID was already passed.

The $2 billion in vaccines already paid for to use in America was my point to start with.
If he is going to get the additional $1.5 billion from the $1.9 billion American Relief Act ...
Then he is lying because more than $0.4 billion has already been spent.

But them again, he approved $100 million for Egyptian College Students going to college in Egypt
in the American Relief Act, so that's pretty much a sham anyway.

No, the 2 billion is pledged to COVAX which is a WHO vaccine disbursement program. Or at least that's how I'm reading it.

Covax is the World Health Organization (Unicef and a few others),
but that's not where the money is coming from.

We already appropriated 2 billion to COVAX.

While millions of Americans are still waiting to get access to the vaccine, administration officials said that contributing the funds, which were specifically appropriated by Congress in December for foreign pandemic assistance, will help Americans by reducing the risk of further mutations that could extend the pandemic.

2 billion more will be coming and it would also have to be approved by Congress.

Oh ... So President Biden didn't pledge the $ 2 Billion ... That was the Congress under Former President Trump's administration.
Thanks for tying the money into Congress.

I can't imagine any president not signing the bill. It's not like the former guy was really involved in the negotiations anyway, except to threaten to veto it. What a dick, right?

I'm "America First". I want what's best for America, and I know that, as the world leader, what's good for us is good for the rest of the world.

So, I know that isolating ourselves from a rapidly changing world and insulating ourselves into our own little static rabbit hole are the worst things we can do for America.

I know the world is advancing quickly, all around us. I know that we have long-standing relationships with MANY other countries that we can leverage in our self-interest. Sometimes that will involve carefully using some of our vast resources as we lead the way. That's what leaders do. They don't hide and desperately hold on to what's theirs, like spoiled children.

Just as in the business world, the best leaders are those who help others achieve their potential. They don't mock or insult or attack those people. They lean in and be a part of the growth. And, selfishly, they know they also benefit from the growth of others.

Others claim to be America First, but to them it just means behaving like those spoiled children. You can't have the America First slogan as your own, any more than you can have the American Flag as your own. You don't own either one, because you don't really respect them.

America is back to leading the world. America First.

Lied right out of the gate or ignorant.

I can't imagine any president not signing the bill. It's not like the former guy was really involved in the negotiations anyway, except to threaten to veto it. What a dick, right?

It's okay if Congress allocates the money, well, Constitutional anyway.
I mean I don't support the WHO, but the best I can do there is take it up with my Representatives in Congress.

It's okay if Congress allocates the money, well, Constitutional anyway.

In this case I think the money is well spent. Saves lives, kills COVID sooner and hopefully reduce the possibility of more variants that could either become more deadly or make the vaccine useless.

In this case I think the money is well spent. Saves lives, kills COVID sooner and hopefully reduce the possibility of more variants that could either become more deadly or make the vaccine useless.

We'll never get rid of Covid, the same way we never get rid of the flu, or other corona viruses.
But that's another subject, and thanks for nailing down where the money was coming from and going to.

Seems to me it goes something like this:

Article 1, section 8, grants the power to Congress to allocate funds to the State Department (Executive Branch) which could be earmarked for “foreign aid”, in this case for the State Department to buy & distribute “COVID shots”.

Article 2, section 3, grants the power to the President to ask Congress for it.

Article 2, section 2, grants the power to the President to deliver it to foreign countries in accordance with the Presidents power to establish treaties (with the consent of Congress), treaties have traditionally included foreign aid components.

Just a thought.

I told him where it was ... But there are no blanket treaties in regards to Covid vaccinations.

The President of the United States does not have the power to purchase the vaccinations at all ...
Nor distribute any vaccinations already purchased to foreign countries without consent from Congress.

IMHO the State Department wouldn’t need anything specific with respect to COVID vaccinations, they just need to the money appropriated for “foreign aid” and I suspect that’s the justification for it here, it’s been allocated for the State Department to spend as they see fit on such aid.

Be interesting to see the exact Constitutional Justification they’re using, I’m sure the lawyers in the State Department have already looked at this and have come up with one.
But fk the wall!

We'll never get rid of Covid, the same way we never get rid of the flu, or other corona viruses.
But that's another subject, and thanks for nailing down where the money was coming from and going to.

Well, coronavirus has been around as long as humans have existed. So are demofks saying miracles

True, but we can make it less lethal like the flu.

Well, coronavirus has been around as long as humans have existed. So are demofks saying miracles
All coronaviruses are not the same.

All coronaviruses are not the same.
Yeah, hahaha haha

Forum List

Back