America First

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

I'm "America First". I want what's best for America, and I know that, as the world leader, what's good for us is good for the rest of the world.

So, I know that isolating ourselves from a rapidly changing world and insulating ourselves into our own little static rabbit hole are the worst things we can do for America.

I know the world is advancing quickly, all around us. I know that we have long-standing relationships with MANY other countries that we can leverage in our self-interest. Sometimes that will involve carefully using some of our vast resources as we lead the way. That's what leaders do. They don't hide and desperately hold on to what's theirs, like spoiled children.

Just as in the business world, the best leaders are those who help others achieve their potential. They don't mock or insult or attack those people. They lean in and be a part of the growth. And, selfishly, they know they also benefit from the growth of others.

Others claim to be America First, but to them it just means behaving like those spoiled children. You can't have the America First slogan as your own, any more than you can have the American Flag as your own. You don't own either one, because you don't really respect them.

America is back to leading the world. America First.

images

I'm "America First". I want what's best for America, and I know that, as the world leader, what's good for us is good for the rest of the world.

So, I know that isolating ourselves from a rapidly changing world and insulating ourselves into our own little static rabbit hole are the worst things we can do for America.

I know the world is advancing quickly, all around us. I know that we have long-standing relationships with MANY other countries that we can leverage in our self-interest. Sometimes that will involve carefully using some of our vast resources as we lead the way. That's what leaders do. They don't hide and desperately hold on to what's theirs, like spoiled children.

Just as in the business world, the best leaders are those who help others achieve their potential. They don't mock or insult or attack those people. They lean in and be a part of the growth. And, selfishly, they know they also benefit from the growth of others.

Others claim to be America First, but to them it just means behaving like those spoiled children. You can't have the America First slogan as your own, any more than you can have the American Flag as your own. You don't own either one, because you don't really respect them.

Yeah, we know. You and the other mental midgets on the left hate Trump and are globalists.

BTW, have you seen the unscripted comments from Biden at the summit? Scary stuff just how lost he really is. You don’t care, but I am quite sure other world leaders are laughing very hard behind our backs, but of course LOVING it to our faces as long as we keep writing them checks.

Yeah, we know. You and the other mental midgets on the left hate Trump and are globalists.

BTW, have you seen the unscripted comments from Biden at the summit? Scary stuff just how lost he really is. You don’t care, but I am quite sure other world leaders are laughing very hard behind our backs, but of course LOVING it to our faces as long as we keep writing them checks.
America First. Not hiding, leading.

You may remain in your little rabbit hole.

Ah to be so naive. We aren’t first in anything with Biden/Harris other than being the first to whip out our checkbooks and play Santa Claus.

Ah to be so naive. We aren’t first in anything with Biden/Harris other than being the first to whip out our checkbooks and play Santa Claus.
Ah to be so paranoid.

Lead, not hide.

America First.

Xiden is proven to be Russia First, and China First
Trump proved that, a long time ago.

President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 13, 2018

Too many jobs in China LOST?

“Russia should be in this meeting. Why are we having a meeting without Russia being in the meeting? And I would recommend — and it’s up to them — but Russia should be in the meeting. It should be a part of it,” Trump said, adding, “You know, whether you like it or not — and it may not be politically correct — but we have a world to run and, in the G-7, which used to be the G-8, they threw Russia out. They should let Russia back in because we should have Russia at the negotiating table.”

I wouldn't be so proud of hiding from the world and handing it over to China.

Oh, and you have it backwards:
I'll believe that the G-7 will oppose China when I see it. So far its all talk.
As for "Russia First", Biden's removal of sanctions and allowing Nord Stream 2 to continue really upset Ukraine
"The Nord Stream sanctions waiver announcement was made on the day of the Blinken-Lavrov meeting to prepare for the Biden-Putin summit scheduled for June 19 in Geneva. Nord Steam 2, Ukraine believes, is Biden’s gift to Putin to entice him to the Geneva summit.
Ukraine reacted in a burst of diplomatic fury to what it perceived as the Biden betrayal. Washington did not even extend the courtesy of advance notice of the upcoming Nord Stream 2 waiver."

At completion, the EU will be completely under Putin's thumb.
If Putin shuts the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, the EU freezes.
So why are we wasting taxpayer dollars keeping US troops in the EU????

President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!

“Russia should be in this meeting. Why are we having a meeting without Russia being in the meeting? And I would recommend — and it’s up to them — but Russia should be in the meeting. It should be a part of it,” Trump said, adding, “You know, whether you like it or not — and it may not be politically correct — but we have a world to run and, in the G-7, which used to be the G-8, they threw Russia out. They should let Russia back in because we should have Russia at the negotiating table.”
Trump put sanctions on China, and tried to stop their infiltration into the US phone and electric grid, we'll see what Xiden does. Oh, you do know that China gave Hunter about $1,500,000,000 to "invest"?

The growing us trade deficit with the EU is nearing 200 billion a year. THe EU got busted illegally supporting Airbus, getting them sales at our expense.

The EU has policies to advance their nations' interests, even at the expense of others, even if it is illegal.

The Concept of America First is not to isolate ourselves, but just to stand up for ourselves, and our interests, at least SOME.

Your talk of isolation, is a strawman. YOur insults are not called for.

Spot on Mac. Trump’s America First was just an empty slogan. While Trump was touting America First, his tax plan encouraged American companies to invest overseas. While Trump was touting American First, Chinese and Russian influence and power grew at the expense of American global leadership.

Biden’s slogan should be America Strong. That is what our new President is doing. Bringing America back into the forefront of global leadership where she belongs.

Last edited:

Trump put sanctions on China, and tried to stop their infiltration into the US phone and electric grid, we'll see what Xiden does. Oh, you do know that China gave Hunter about $1,500,000,000 to "invest"?
Yeah, sanctions that cost the US taxpayer $48 billion just for US farmers, let alone what in addition it cost the US consumer, Trump tried to say China was paying for sanctions, like Mexico was paying for the border wall.

China gave Biden $1.5 billion $$$?
Of course they did.

Either this is satire or Mac is lead op ed at the onion. I pity the masses who are so deceived and can't see what's about to happen to the country.
I don’t know how anyone can think Joe is better or worse than Don. They’re both awful, but their approach to the job is different. In the end, nothing fundamentally changes.

Forum List

Back