Amazon Prime: Vengeance

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
This movie exceeded my expectations. If you watch the trailer, they portray it as a comedy. There are a lot of funny moments in it, but it is actually a profoundly deep movie.

Vengeance was written and directed by B.J. Novak. You may remember him as Ryan in The Office tv series.

The movie follows a writer (played by Novak) for the New Yorker magazine who receives a call from the brother of a woman he superficially knew from the dating circuit. The writer travels to Texas at the insistence of the brother.

The cause of death was listed as a drug overdose, but everyone who knew the girl insists she never even took so much as an Advil.

The writing is outstanding. A lot of outstanding ideas and insights are provided about life as an American. Most of the good stuff comes from the character portrayed by Aston Kutcher.

Kutcher is so far outside his typecast it took me a few minutes to recognize him.

The actor who plays the dead girl's brother is also quite different from the DEA agent he played in Narcos.

I can't wait to see what B.J. Novak does next.

Last edited:
Dove Cameron is hawwwwt. I've never heard of her before now.

This movie exceeded my expectations. If you watch the trailer, they portray is as a comedy. There are a lot of funny moments in it, but it is actually a profoundly deep movie.

Vengeance was written and directed by B.J. Novak. You may remember him as Ryan in The Office tv series.

The movie follows a writer (played by Novak) for the New Yorker magazine who receives a call from the brother of a woman he superficially knew from the dating circuit. The writer travels to Texas at the insistence of the brother.

The cause of death was listed as a drug overdose, but everyone who knew the girls insists she never even took so much as an Advil.

The writing is outstanding. A lot of outstanding ideas and insights are provided about life as an American. Most of the good stuff comes from the character portrayed by Aston Kutcher.

Kutcher is so far outside his typecast it took me a few minutes to recognize him.

The actor who plays the dead girl's brother is also quite different from the DEA agent he played in Narcos.

I watched it and it was pretty good... that guy is from the Office and has a dry sense of humor but there are some lol moments...

This movie exceeded my expectations. If you watch the trailer, they portray it as a comedy. There are a lot of funny moments in it, but it is actually a profoundly deep movie.

The cause of death was listed as a drug overdose, but everyone who knew the girl insists she never even took so much as an Advil.

Oh yeah!... I forgot this was coming out.
That is what we will watch tonight!
Thanks!

Excellent movie, and I rarely say that.
Just as g5000 states, there is way more to this movie than the trailer shows.
Yes it is primarily a comedy, and for some folks that may be all they get out of it, but there is a whole lot more going on.

Just curious, what did you think of Narcos? For me, it was the only thing I found that was genuinely "bingeworthy" until I recently decided to finally watch Breaking Bad.

I'd say Narcos remains my favorite series, all time, on any streaming service.

Only the first 2 seasons, though, those with Pablo.

Just curious, what did you think of Narcos? For me, it was the only thing I found that was genuinely "bingeworthy" until I recently decided to finally watch Breaking Bad.

I'd say Narcos remains my favorite series, all time, on any streaming service.

Only the first 2 seasons, though, those with Pablo.
I very much enjoyed Narcos. Definitely binge-worthy.

My daughter has a crush on Pedro Pascal. I don't know where from, because I asked her if she has seen Narcos and she hasn't.

So now I have an excuse to watch it again, this time with my daughter.

She's very excited Pascal is in The Last of Us. All my kids keep telling me his character reminds them of me.

Forum List

Back