Amazon employees tell union to shove it

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Crash...........................................................burn..................................................

Amazon Workers Vote Down Union Drive at Alabama Warehouse
The company’s decisive victory deals a crushing blow to organized labor, which had hoped the time was ripe to start making inroads.

Amazon workers at a giant warehouse in Alabama voted decisively against forming a union on Friday, squashing the most significant organizing drive in the internet giant’s history and dealing a crushing blow to labor and Democrats when conditions appeared ripe for them to make advances.

Amazon Workers Defeat Union Effort in Alabama - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Crash...........................................................burn..................................................

The company’s decisive victory deals a crushing blow to organized labor, which had hoped the time was ripe to start making inroads.

Amazon workers at a giant warehouse in Alabama voted decisively against forming a union on Friday, squashing the most significant organizing drive in the internet giant’s history and dealing a crushing blow to labor and Democrats when conditions appeared ripe for them to make advances.

Amazon Workers Defeat Union Effort in Alabama - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Well I guess a lot of Amazon employess are libturds and they see the scam already. It ain't broke, let's keep our jobs. We'll work on the piss breaks is their biggest problem. I say company paid Depends and a bonus. Only a shit qualifies as down time....and it is down time in the terlet

• Banned
OUCH!

"Workers cast 1,798 votes against a union, giving Amazon enough to emphatically defeat the effort. Ballots in favor of a union trailed at 738, fewer than 30 percent of the votes tallied, according to federal officials.

The lopsided outcome at the 6,000-person warehouse in Bessemer, Ala., came even as the pandemic’s effect on the economy and the election of a pro-labor president had made the country more aware of the plight of essential workers."

Well I guess a lot of Amazon employess are libturds and they see the scam already. It ain't broke, let's keep our jobs. We'll work on the piss breaks is their biggest problem. I say company paid Depends and a bonus. Only a shit qualifies as down time....and it is down time in the terlet

A majority of the Amazon employees in Bessemer are black people. Traditionally there has been a lot of rivalry between the blacks and the Italians. Black people just don't trust the goombas and are really intimidated by them, really.

Lot more votes on this issue to come. In the end, Amazon will be largely unionized.
Why do you hate unions?
Thanks for your opinion.
My opinion is that if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Amazon has had an exceptionally high injury rate and they've been deceptive about reporting those injuries to OSHA.
Hey, I LOVE my Amazon Prime.
But if it takes a union to keep workers safer, pay fairer wages, and make Bezos a little less filthy rich while paying his damn fair share of taxes? -
I'm all for it.

Talked to several former Amazon employees here......they all hated it....... wonder why this went down

But if it takes a union to keep workers safer, pay fairer wages, and make Bezos a little less filthy rich while paying his damn fair share of taxes
So, Bezos should spend more money to improve the workers conditions, spend more money to pay higher wages. And after that, he should pay more money for some fair share of taxes. Something is wrong in this equation, no?

Do Amazon employees have a side gig selling used kitsch like on ebay, etsy, etc.? Or is that disallowed due to problems with employee theft and lossage of inventory on the job?

But if it takes a union to keep workers safer, pay fairer wages, and make Bezos a little less filthy rich while paying his damn fair share of taxes
So, Bezos should spend more money to improve the workers conditions, spend more money to pay higher wages. And after that, he should pay more money for some fair share of taxes. Something is wrong in this equation, no?

No

Lot more votes on this issue to come. In the end, Amazon will be largely unionized.
Why do you hate unions?
Thanks for your opinion.

When employees are pissing in bottles to keep their jobs. It's broke. The employees didn't vote down anything. Once the law is pit in place preventing Amazon to prevent intimidation of it's employees from voting organize. It's a done deal.

Why do you hate unions?
Thanks for your opinion.

When employees are pissing in bottles to keep their jobs. It's broke. The employees didn't vote down anything. Once the law is pit in place preventing Amazon to prevent intimidation of it's employees from voting organize. It's a done deal.

Your place Unioned up yet?

Why do you hate unions?
Thanks for your opinion.

You must have heard that on CNN

Forum List

Back