Amazon cancels plans to build headquarters in New York

After all what is $3 billion in TAX BREAKS when they were going to produce 25,000 NEW GOOD PAYING JOBS, with all the tax revenue and assorted peripheral jobs accompanied to that move.....NY, A town full of and run by idiots!

Amazon said Thursday it will not move forward with plans to build a headquarters in New York after rising opposition from local politicians.

The company said it will not reopen the search process "at this time. We will proceed as planned in Northern Virginia and Nashville, and we will continue to hire and grow across our 17 corporate offices and tech hubs in the U.S. and Canada."

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ..

Proper vales had JUMPED bease oF Amazon coming, as oF today the vales are 6% lower then before the original announcement...New Yorkers ...got to lover the leftist mentality!.

Were they going to be good paying jobs? I don't believe that.

And why don't they go to Kansas or Arkansas or Georgia? Somewhere rural. Somewhere that needs the jobs. NY doesn't need the jobs.

We can't fall for this tactic. You are falling for it. Give us tax breaks or we will leave? Then leave! You got to pay taxes if you live in a good location like NY, Michigan, Chicago, California. If you want to pay no taxes go to a red state. They will welcome those "good" paying jobs. Hell they don't even have to be good.

Jeff Bezos dangled this incredible carrot in front of many cities around the US and then snatched it away. The influx of jobs and revenue would have permanently altered the economic landscape for those regions – for the better. Even in a mid-sized city like Tulsa, Oklahoma the impact would have been considerable.

Go to Oklahoma Jeff. You won't. And why is that? Because you'd prefer to be in NYC bitch!

In MO or Kansas their starting pay is over 22 bucks an hour.

Seems pretty good.

I say companies that pay their employees well should get tax breaks.

Besides writing off 100% of the expense, what did you have in mind?

After all what is $3 billion in TAX BREAKS when they were going to produce 25,000 NEW GOOD PAYING JOBS, with all the tax revenue and assorted peripheral jobs accompanied to that move.....NY, A town full of and run by idiots!

Amazon said Thursday it will not move forward with plans to build a headquarters in New York after rising opposition from local politicians.

The company said it will not reopen the search process "at this time. We will proceed as planned in Northern Virginia and Nashville, and we will continue to hire and grow across our 17 corporate offices and tech hubs in the U.S. and Canada."

Proper vales had JUMPED bease oF Amazon coming, as oF today the vales are 6% lower then before the original announcement...New Yorkers ...got to lover the leftist mentality!.

And why don't they go to Kansas or Arkansas or Georgia? Somewhere rural. Somewhere that needs the jobs. NY doesn't need the jobs.

We can't fall for this tactic. You are falling for it. Give us tax breaks or we will leave? Then leave! You got to pay taxes if you live in a good location like NY, Michigan, Chicago, California. If you want to pay no taxes go to a red state. They will welcome those "good" paying jobs. Hell they don't even have to be good.

Jeff Bezos dangled this incredible carrot in front of many cities around the US and then snatched it away. The influx of jobs and revenue would have permanently altered the economic landscape for those regions – for the better. Even in a mid-sized city like Tulsa, Oklahoma the impact would have been considerable.

Go to Oklahoma Jeff. You won't. And why is that? Because you'd prefer to be in NYC bitch!

Who needs good paying jobs when we can all get free stuff?????

Amazon will pay HQ2 employees an average of $150,000—here’s how much further that goes in Nashville vs. NYC and Virginia

Amazon announced on Tuesday that it is splitting its new headquarters, “HQ2,” between New York City and northern Virginia. Specifically, the company chose the Long Island City neighborhood in Queens and the National Landing neighborhood of Arlington, and it expects to bring 25,000 new jobs to each location.

The retail giant also announced a smaller, third investment in Nashville, Tennessee, where it will build an east coast operations hub and create 5,000 jobs.

In all three locations, the average salary for new employees will exceed $150,000 per year, Amazon announced. That six-figure salary looks very different in Nashville, though, where $150,000 will stretch much further than in New York City or Arlington.

Hey I think this is great. I don't like it that these corporations aren't paying their fair share in taxes, but any company that pays this well, I'll give a pass.

Amazon will pay HQ2 employees an average of $150,000—here's how much further that goes in Nashville vs. NYC and Virginia

the cost of living is 53 percent higher in Queens than it is in Nashville.

If you choose to live in New York City’s priciest borough, Manhattan, where the cost of living is 142 percent higher than in Nashville, you’d have to earn $363,262 to maintain the same standard of living you could get for $150,000 in Tennessee.

Only one problem. You have to live in Tennessee. LOL

Wow, so you do understand that progressive polices ruin cities for the poor and middle class, encourage wage and class segregation, and make upward mobility extremely difficult.

So why do you support them?
I grew up in an era where the middle class owned Michigan. 1 out of every 3 homes worked for the big three. Profit sharing, good pay, amazing healthcare, pension. This every man got and the big three had record profits despite your attacks on the union workers. You were going to send those jobs to China and Mexico so don’t blame us for destroying the middle class.

it’s also hiring illegals. Rich people in blue and red states have been stealing from the American middle class ever since Reagan. Bush was worse. Remember jobs Americans won’t do?

So the middle class is struggling still despite trumps miracle with the economy. The 2.3% growth in 2019. Sarcasm. Wages are still not where they need to be to fix the struggling middle class. Trump has conned you’re guys.

meanwhile I’m making about $100k and I’m in a one person home. No debt. No kids. So I don’t know how y’all do it. No wonder so many Americans have zero savings.

In MO or Kansas their starting pay is over 22 bucks an hour.

Seems pretty good.

I say companies that pay their employees well should get tax breaks.

How about we lower taxes for the poor and middle class. The rich will do fine no matter what.
I would be trumps biggest supporter if he only gave the middle class a tax break. That would also benefit the rich because we are going to spend that money. A good economy means jobs and that helps the poor get out of poverty.

there will always be poor. Some people should be poor. But if you went to college you should be able to live ward cleavers life

Amazon will pay HQ2 employees an average of $150,000—here’s how much further that goes in Nashville vs. NYC and Virginia

Amazon announced on Tuesday that it is splitting its new headquarters, “HQ2,” between New York City and northern Virginia. Specifically, the company chose the Long Island City neighborhood in Queens and the National Landing neighborhood of Arlington, and it expects to bring 25,000 new jobs to each location.

The retail giant also announced a smaller, third investment in Nashville, Tennessee, where it will build an east coast operations hub and create 5,000 jobs.

In all three locations, the average salary for new employees will exceed $150,000 per year, Amazon announced. That six-figure salary looks very different in Nashville, though, where $150,000 will stretch much further than in New York City or Arlington.

Hey I think this is great. I don't like it that these corporations aren't paying their fair share in taxes, but any company that pays this well, I'll give a pass.

Amazon will pay HQ2 employees an average of $150,000—here's how much further that goes in Nashville vs. NYC and Virginia

If you choose to live in New York City’s priciest borough, Manhattan, where the cost of living is 142 percent higher than in Nashville, you’d have to earn $363,262 to maintain the same standard of living you could get for $150,000 in Tennessee.

Who needs high paying jobs anyway? AOC will take care of everyone
Well it should be an easy choice for amazon. Go to Tennessee Arkansas huckleberry trail Hooverville or hazard county.

Wow, so you do understand that progressive polices ruin cities for the poor and middle class, encourage wage and class segregation, and make upward mobility extremely difficult.

So why do you support them?
I grew up in an era where the middle class owned Michigan. 1 out of every 3 homes worked for the big three. Profit sharing, good pay, amazing healthcare, pension. This every man got and the big three had record profits despite your attacks on the union workers. You were going to send those jobs to China and Mexico so don’t blame us for destroying the middle class.

it’s also hiring illegals. Rich people in blue and red states have been stealing from the American middle class ever since Reagan. Bush was worse. Remember jobs Americans won’t do?

So the middle class is struggling still despite trumps miracle with the economy. The 2.3% growth in 2019. Sarcasm. Wages are still not where they need to be to fix the struggling middle class. Trump has conned you’re guys.

meanwhile I’m making about $100k and I’m in a one person home. No debt. No kids. So I don’t know how y’all do it. No wonder so many Americans have zero savings.
/----/" despite your attacks on the union workers. "
If the Unions were as good as you claim, nothing we said could have caused them to wither on the vine. Fact is, union members, bailed out the moment they had the chance.

Forum List

Back