Zone1 Am I the only one surprised when they see a commercial with all white people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Racist actions"? What racist actions? You watching a fucking commercial? Did police dogs come out of your TV screen and start tearing at you? Were you forced to sit at the back of the sofa?
Does anything annoy you other than hemmorhoids?

i sleep quite well, thank you, but your mocking for my bringing up racist actions is noted. It’s an obvious way to get whitey to STFU about racist practices that go against them. You leftists have been using the same old tired tactic for years.

And why shouldn’t I be concerned about favoritism toward one race and against another? Are blacks the only ones who are allowed to be bothered by racism against them, and whites must be quiet?
You realize you are talking about FUCKING TV COMMERCIALS, right?
:cuckoo:

I don't remember what the commercial was for but last night I saw a commercial that had several people in it and for some reason it stood out to me all the people were white. Not only were they white but they actually talked in it also, it wasn't just music and someone dancing or anything.

Then I started thinking it stood out to me because it seems like most commercials I see are mostly non whites, or if they do have them they are in the minority or are part of a inter racial couple.

But I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'll admit though, it was nice to see all white faces.
Only racists and bigots obsess over such irrelevant nonsense.

When was the last time you saw an American Indian in a commercial?

Shoot ... They took the Native America Indian Girl off the label on the Land O Lakes Butter logo.
Got rid of Aunt Jemima on the syrup and changed the brand name too.

"We cannot be having those minorities appearing in our advertising ...
We want to increase our revenues and improve our market share."

Yeah, right ... And some people actually believe that it isn't just "woke" nonsense ... :yapyapyapf:

It sure as hell makes a difference. The purpose of advertising is to appeal to the demographics that buys the products.

If Negroes are trying to sell a product to me as a White Boy then I am probably not going to be that interested.

Race may not be of concern if you are a sick in the head confused woke Liberal but that is not all of America by any stretch of the imagination.

"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"​

I don't remember what the commercial was for but last night I saw a commercial that had several people in it and for some reason it stood out to me all the people were white. Not only were they white but they actually talked in it also, it wasn't just music and someone dancing or anything.

Then I started thinking it stood out to me because it seems like most commercials I see are mostly non whites, or if they do have them they are in the minority or are part of a inter racial couple.

But I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'll admit though, it was nice to see all white faces.
Why?

I am so old that I remember when certain folks were first shown in TV commercials in the 1960s. Of course, they had non-speaking roles. For example, they were seen eating in the background in a restaurant, for example. The goal was to accustom people into accepting them as restaurant patrons in real life. And it worked. ...
And did that upset you?

Commercials are very significant, sociologically speaking. Advertisers spend mountains of money trying to influence viewers to buy their products and services. Hence, when the demographics of commercials are distorted, one has to ask, Why?

Why do Cadillac commercials usually show a Black female driving their cars? How many Black females actually buy a Cadillac? It is a number approaching zero.

As noted above, POC's are grotesquely over-represented in television commercials. Couples with a white male and a Black female are common, even though that combination is microscopic in the general population. Sexual irregulars comprise a couple percent of the population (by actual polling), and yet they are about 20-25% of the characters in scripted television. Indeed, every program that shows a group of people incudes at least one sexual irregular. The Jerry Seinfeld show COULD NOT BE CAST today the way it was in the day it was made. Could not happen. There would have to be at least one openly gay character.

Sadly, one relatively recent innovation - the introduction of fat people into commercials - is actually more reflective of the general population, but still, is this the image those advertisers ought to be showing? A group of fat people lining up at the counter at Burger King? It's real, but is it wise to show it realistically?
In the old days a lot of beet commercials still had very fit people in them.

Why do Cadillac commercials usually show a Black female driving their cars? How many Black females actually buy a Cadillac? It is a number approaching zero

Well now ... That kind of depends on where you are.
Here ... I would say that half of the people you see driving a Cadillac are Black Women.

But then again ... I live in the South and we have a lot of successful Black Women.
Shoot ... Stepping out from behind the wheel of your CT5 in the parking lot at church.

Damn son, where are you from ... :auiqs.jpg:

In the old days a lot of beet commercials still had very fit people in them.

Beets are considered a healthy food, however. But back in the days, they did have Jackie Robinson and other top athletes shill for cigarettes.

You realize you are talking about FUCKING TV COMMERCIALS, right?
:cuckoo:
I am talking about how the left favors the black race over the white race, and that shows up in a myriad of ways. You are simply pretending not to recognize racism when it goes against whites.

Black actors in commercials are being given a big advantage over white actors. That’s racist hiring practices.

I am talking about how the left favors the black race over the white race, and that shows up in a myriad of ways. You are simply pretending not to recognize racism when it goes against whites.

Black actors in commercials are being given a big advantage over white actors. That’s racist hiring practices.
You are really desperate for something to bitch about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back