Am I the only one alittle disturbed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
That the media is largely ignoring the fact that the Vice President was almost murdered today?

According to media reports, the VP was nowhere close to where the explosion went off. He was in no danger at any time. The explosion was not related to his visit.
It it WAS an assassination attempt, the terrorists had even worse aim than Cheney does.

That the media is largely ignoring the fact that the Vice President was almost murdered today?

No, he wasn't. If you had actually paid any attention to the news reports, you would have known that he was well inside the base and well out of harm's way. Or are you just trolling?

No, he wasn't. If you had actually paid any attention to the news reports, you would have known that he was well inside the base and well out of harm's way. Or are you just trolling?

Should the fact that he was inside the base change the fact that the Taliban targeted him?

And how is anyone supposed to pay attention to the news reports that havent been given? Thats the whole point of the thread. There is hardly any mention of it at all anywhere. If it hadn't been mentioned in the blogs or on other message boards, Id have no idea anything actually happened.

You are the only one a little disturbed.

Actually, they gave it a lot of coverage on the radio station I always listen to.

Should the fact that he was inside the base change the fact that the Taliban targeted him?

And how is anyone supposed to pay attention to the news reports that havent been given? Thats the whole point of the thread. There is hardly any mention of it at all anywhere. If it hadn't been mentioned in the blogs or on other message boards, Id have no idea anything actually happened.

I got so sick of hearing about it on every channel I had that I just turned my TV off. And it wasn't an attempt on his life because they didn't even know he was there. He slipped in unannounced.

If a vice president travels to a country who are in completely chaos. A chaos they themselves helped to create, i am not suprised it happend.

Hey, Avatar, if you really want to know how the libs feel about this incident, you'll have to check out the lib blogs. They were only too sorry that the "insurrectionists" didn't get the job done.

I heard all about it... from more than one source, not sure why you think it was ignored... where do you usually go for news?

If it WAS an assassination attempt, the terrorists had even worse aim than Cheney does.

To bring you up to date:

Suicide Attack Was Attempt to kill Cheney, Taliban Says
Associated Press
February 28, 2007

BAGRAM, Afghanistan -- In what the Taliban claimed was an assassination attempt, a suicide bomber attacked the main gate of a U.S. military base Tuesday within earshot of Vice President Dick Cheney. The explosion killed 23 people, including two Americans, and delivered a propaganda blow that undercut the U.S. military and the weak Afghan government it supports.

The bomber struck about 10 a.m., and U.S. military officials declared a "red alert" at the sprawling Bagram Air Base while Cheney was rushed to a bomb shelter. Cheney, who had been stranded at the base overnight by a snowstorm, met with President Hamid Karzai before heading back to the U.S. via the Gulf state of Oman.

"I heard a loud boom," Cheney said. "The Secret Service came in and told me there had been an attack on the main gate."

Although the bomber did not get closer than roughly a mile to the vice president, the attack highlighted an increasingly precarious security situation posed by the resurgent Taliban.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007702280432

I heard all about it... from more than one source, not sure why you think it was ignored... where do you usually go for news?

To give it perspective for some of our more, how should I say it, liberal friends, here on USMB. What if an attack had been made on the same base while John Kerry was visiting, not that he would, but just for the sake of conversation?

Hell people, they would of formed a Senate investigative panel, and SECURITY would of been the "password" for the MSM for weeks.

THATS the point of the post, get it?

To give it perspective for some of our more, how should I say it, liberal friends, here on USMB. What if an attack had been made on the same base while John Kerry was visiting, not that he would, but just for the sake of conversation?

Hell people, they would of formed a Senate investigative panel, and SECURITY would of been the "password" for the MSM for weeks.

THATS the point of the post, get it?

Thanks for the hypothetical - I assume that if that situation happened I would have heard about it on major news networks and in the newspaper. Like I did with Cheney's situation. But you're the expert.

Personally I'm sick of our government going over to these war torn places flaunting and tempting the hand of fate over the so-called moral visit! It is a matter of time before something catastrophic happens then what do we do?

Forum List

Back