Am I losing my faith or just becoming more realistic?

There are several people in this forum, you being one of them, whose mission is to subordinate faith in God.

I can tell from your behavior that worshipping created things instead of the creator has led you to being less than the best version of yourself that you could be.

So your animosity towards people of faith is only hurting yourself, Joey.

I'm very happy with this version of myself, thanks. I'm proficient in my professional field. I'm happy with a long life of accomplishment. I'm pushing up against 60 and pretty happy with what I've done.

And I've accomplished it all without following any magic sky pixies with sexual hangups

Now, back to ignore with you. I'm unwatching this thread.
I can’t imagine a more worse version of you.

There are several people in this forum, you being one of them, whose mission is to subordinate faith in God.

I can tell from your behavior that worshipping created things instead of the creator has led you to being less than the best version of yourself that you could be.

I'm very happy with this version of myself, thanks. I'm proficient in my professional field. I'm happy with a long life of accomplishment. I'm pushing up against 60 and pretty happy with what I've done.

And I've accomplished it all without following any magic sky pixies with sexual hangups

It’s better to have a notion that we are supposed to progress in virtue than not to have a notion we are supposed to progress in virtue.

It’s better to have a notion that we are supposed to progress in virtue than not to have a notion we are supposed to progress in virtue.
why is it better?

My belief is that any self-respecting "God" ignores all prayers which start with: "Gimmee".
That's not true. Jesus teaches us to ask God for things. He says, "seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened to you." Jesus teaches the parable of the woman and the bad judge. The bad judge finally gives the woman justice because she is persistent.

That's not true. Jesus teaches us to ask God for things. He says, "seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened to you." Jesus teaches the parable of the woman and the bad judge. The bad judge finally gives the woman justice because she is persistent.
No. Jesus said he was the only connection to god. Everything has to go through Jesus first. Of course this is another one of those contradictions that everybody just ignores.

John 14:6​

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

No. Jesus said he was the only connection to god. Everything has to go through Jesus first.
No, that's not exactly how it is.

You told us you dont believe in God because you've never seen any evidence. That disqualifies you from "teaching" any BELIEVER.

Yes, Jesus IS the way to the Father. But we dont pray to Jesus. We pray to the Father. One of His main reasons to come to earth was to REVEAL the Father.

What most traditional Chriatians refuse to understand is that the God of the OT WAS the One who was born "Jesus" (Yeshua). People think ERRONEOUSLY that the OT God was the Father. HE WAS NOT. He was the One born Jesus.

Mankind would never know about the Father except JESUS REVEALED HIM.

I didn't read through the whole entire thread, but to the OP,.. watch this video.

According to the Jesuit author of the book, bad things that happen to us are not a test. Bad things happen, and there is no reason for them.

I read another book about the volcanic explosion that destroyed Pompei. The author makes the point that the people of Pompei did not die because they deserved it, or failed to make some sacrifice to the gods, they died because volcanos explode and what we do in this life has no effect on that.
He is right and he is wrong. God RARELY CAUSES incidents, but "time and chance" happen to all people, and it is in YOUR RESPONSE to these challenges in your life that God is JUDGING and TESTING you.

Jesus spoke directly about this, so, as I said, there is no need to fo to MEN for "understanding" when you can go to God Himself:

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate(A) had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?(B) 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam(C) fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent,(D) you too will all perish.”

No, that's not exactly how it is.

You told us you dont believe in God because you've never seen any evidence. That disqualifies you from "teaching" any BELIEVER.

Yes, Jesus IS the way to the Father. But we dont pray to Jesus. We pray to the Father. One of His main reasons to come to earth was to REVEAL the Father.

What most traditional Chriatians refuse to understand is that the God of the OT WAS the One who was born "Jesus" (Yeshua). People think ERRONEOUSLY that the OT God was the Father. HE WAS NOT. He was the One born Jesus.

Mankind would never know about the Father except JESUS REVEALED HIM.
I'm not trying to "teach" anybody anything, but I know what is written in the bible. You admit that most traditional Christians misunderstand the bible. You think they are going to hell for misunderstanding that, or any other part of the bible?

One of my main problems with God is that he did not answer my prayers and many things have gone wrong for me.

Seeking answers, I read a book called "Where the hell is God?" written by a Jesuit priest.

He explained that he and his family had a faith crisis when his sister had an auto accident and became quadriplegic.

His answer to the question "Where the hell is God?" is that God, in his view, doesn't CAUSE these bad things to happen, so there appears to be no point in praying to God to fix the bad things that happen.

His example is the long drought in Australia, which people have been praying to end, but the drought just goes on and on.

I guess the problem with this priest's resolution is that it has weakened my faith to believe that God isn't the CAUSE of bad things that happen, because if he ISN'T, then there is something more powerful than God in the universe, another God, or an impersonal force that controls random chance.

And now I find myself thinking: What's the point of a God who is a passive bystander to the events in the universe? Why pray to him for anything?

Christ teaches we SHOULD PRAY and if we knock on the door, the door will open to us.

So really, this Jesuit priest is saying something that is inconsistent with the teachings of Christ.

But my experience with prayer is that some of my prayers have NOT been answered, and I've been praying for many years.

Atheists, please keep your stupid comments out of this thread, I'm seeking answers from fellow believers.
Be very careful. An in depth search for answers is the quickest way to convert a god fearing christian into an athiest. It's safer to just pray about it, and hope your answer will eventually be revealed. You never have to examine your beliefs that way.

Forum List

Back