Alternatives...

Nate

Gold Member
May 7, 2010
Sooner State
Well now that I've been participating on this board for over a week now and most of the time in this section, I can see that there is dissention on Arizona's SB 1070(hard to miss right). IMO I consider the bill necesary to tackle the illegal immigration problem in the States, especially in Arizona. I've noticed some people have complained that it is either unconstitutional or it will cause racial profiling. What I haven't noticed from these people are alternatives. Is it that you don't see it as a serious problem(illegal immigration) or is it that you know of a better way?
If you don't see this as a problem then I don't think you're grasping the significance of illegal immigration. We are a land of laws and though we wish we could pick and choose the ones we want to follow, it doesn't work that way. The illegal immigrants are breaking the law by crossing into our nation. We have ways to enter this country legitimately that most of our ancestors had to abide by, why cut them a break... again.
If you know of an alternative way to take care of this problem, please by all means, let us know. I can understand why some can see this as a way for racial profiling and yes it would suck if I were on my way to a wedding, prom, hospital, etc. but got stopped by a cop and held until they can verify my citizenship. Unfortunately I see no alternative other than taking this drastic measure... So again if you do let us know.

This country takes great pride in being a country of laws! Now is the time to put their money where their mouth is and enforce those laws!! The federal government apparently does not think the laws are meant to be enforced as they have not done ONE thing to secure the borders - and especially since this AZ law was signed! All I hear on the news is how people feel who are against it and Obama and his cronies come out against it admitting that they have not even read it!! How stupid is that???!!! Maybe it's time we thought about doing something to end this administration that so far has been as worthless as tits on a boar.

Every time someone tries to tackle this problem the right throws a hisssy fit.

Get on board the fix this time and give up your insane ideas of punishing people instead of solving the problem like adults.

Get on board the fix this time and give up your insane ideas of punishing people instead of solving the problem like adults.

What fix? I haven't heard anything from the left on how to combat this problem other than ignoring it or wanting to give amnesty to the whole lot of them. I could be wrong on this, if so please show me the error of my way.

So, we shouldn't punish people that do things that are ILLEGAL? ILLEGAL immigrants are breaking the law, they should be punished.

What exactly is your solution? Amnesty? That is not a solution, unless you propose that every 20 years we just give sweeping amnesty to any and all illegal immigrants. If we give amnesty again, we're just encouraging more people to come into our country illegally. How exactly is that a solution? We might as well get rid of ICE, and any form of immigration control in the U.S. if that is a solution.

The left doesn't have a solution, they just want to give amnesty to all of the illegal immigrants. Then in 20 years when we have 15 million more immigrants here illegally we'll just have to do it all over again. Some solution.

Rick

Solution, secure the southern border.

While securing the border, prosecute those that employ illegals, deny basic healthcare to all illegals, deny all welfare to illegals, deny access to public school to all illegals. Do not make life easy for any illegal alien. That means but not limited to that no more government documents are to be written in any other language except english.

Once the border is secure, start deporting any and all illegals when they are found.

And for crying out loud refer to them as illegal aliens and not undocumented workers. This PC crap is for children.

The same fix the left always wants is amnesty, but the proper P.C. term is reform. The exact thing was done in 1986 by Reagan, we all know how well that worked and where it got us. Every president since Reagan has backed it. Clinton and G.W. Bush wanted to do it too. Reagan had just done his so Daddy Bush didn't have to worry about it. So he kept busy establishing NAFTA to give us an even bigger long term screwing from down south.

Now Obama wants to do it just like his last four predecessors. It isn't hard to put all the pieces together and figure out why all this bipartisan action spanning years in the Oval Office. They are bought and paid for to do it and We The People aren't doing the paying.

Punishing law breakers is insane and not adult. Sorry, there is no way I can get a handle on that idea. I believe I am in the majority on that too. If I wasn't the United states would be like the Kurt Russell movies Escape From New York and Escape From LA, or some Mexican border towns.

The only true fix is straight forward effective enforcement of existing immigration laws at the borders and throughout the entire United States. Even if the states have to do it because the Feds have not and will not because they want the cheap labor force.

What fix? I haven't heard anything from the left on how to combat this problem other than ignoring it or wanting to give amnesty to the whole lot of them. I could be wrong on this, if so please show me the error of my way.

There are laws already in place. It is illegal to hire undocumented workers from any foreign country. If they were not being hired they wouldn't come. In the case of forged papers it is still the responsibility of the employer. It is already simple.except to those that don't really want the problem solved.

Sales and distribution of drugs is already on the books. If they were being arrested for thier illegal activities and not sent back but sent to prison they wouldn't chance being mules.

Forum List

Back