Alternative meat

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
I have eaten it. Not bad at all. It looks like meat but is made from plant proteins. I'm not vegetarian but i like it. And it is a big business now. Is it healthier than real meat?

I have eaten it. Not bad at all. It looks like meat but is made from plant proteins. I'm not vegetarian but i like it. And it is a big business now. Is it healthier than real meat?

Knock yourself out.

However, it is NOT healthier than real meat.

Soooooo, it's "grass feed" alternative beef, eh?

:eusa_whistle:

black-bean-burger-costco-package.jpg

No. It's ultra-processed garbage not fit for human consumption. It's fake food.

It reminds me of when I was in business working as a personal trainer/nutritionist. I was telling all of my clients and anyone else who would listen not to eat artificial trans fats back in the 80s and 90's.

Products made with artificial trans-fats like Crisco vegetable shortening and Parkey margarine were being presented by pseudoscientists and the fake news media as a more healthy alternative to lard and beef tallow and butter. I was calling them poison.

Now 3 decades later artificial trans-fats are banned because they are toxic fake food.

Last edited:
shoshi
Ok ??
Does it taste like meat ???
It depends on what exactly we are talking about. The bran that I find is closet to "real meat" is the Beyond Burger. It even bleeds! Most types and there are many are very good for what they are but do not pass for meat.(my favorites are Boca and Morningstar Farms) Still others are terrible-mushy.

Still the meatless burger has come a long way since the 70's when I first became interested in vegetarianism. Back then, the only meatless burges that there were came in a can. It was like a wad of clay. You have to fry the shit out of it to brown it but it was still grey on the inside and not very appitizing,

Anyway, for meeating is a total experience. It's is not just about tast. It is about how you feel about what you eat and how it makes you feel both physically and mentally.

Forum List

Back