Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist'

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist' as 14 states sue over healthcare reforms
By David Gardner
Last updated at 10:23 PM on 24th March 2010

Americans who suggest Barack Obama should rot in hell are apparently deadly serious.
Nearly a quarter of Republicans believe the Democrat president 'may be the Antichrist', according to a survey.
An even greater number compared him to Hitler.

U.S. healthcare reform bill: 14 rebel states sue | Mail Online

Almost a quarter of Republicans think Obama 'may be the Antichrist' as 14 states sue over healthcare reforms
By David Gardner

Americans who suggest Barack Obama should rot in hell are apparently deadly serious.
Nearly a quarter of Republicans believe the Democrat president 'may be the Antichrist', according to a survey.

Now--you don't really believe that--do you?---:lol::lol: He was never even our Messiah--so how could he possibly turn into the anti-christ now---:lol::lol:

Your source is extremely questionable--and I imagine an extreme left wing left site. They don't even mention which or how many "so-called" republicans they polled with this question---:lol::lol:

A conversation with an professional management type intelligent middle aged causal friend caused me to start wondering abou this.

He told me that Obama was the antichrist. (My jaw dropped as I knew he was a 2X bush voter and voted for McCain) but I could not imagine him believeing this. I aksed him if he really really believed that Obama was the antichrist. He said yes. I was at a loss for words to say. Some like dipship and dumbass came to mind but I refrained.

Considering that The Antichrist was actually Emperor Nero, there is a strong historical parallel between the two - although I suspect the latter was a better singer.

He MAY be the antichrist. I agree. Gene Simmons also MAY be the antichrist.

Remember the old myth that RONALD WILSON REAGAN was the anti-christ because he had 6 letters in each of his names?

Remember the old myth that RONALD WILSON REAGAN was the anti-christ because he had 6 letters in each of his names?

there's one out there that JFK will come back to life after suffering a "fatal wound to the head". and therefore, he is the antichrist.

By David Gardner

Almost 90 percent of Liberal believed Bush was gonna cause WW3. SO what?

A conversation with an professional management type intelligent middle aged causal friend caused me to start wondering abou this.

He told me that Obama was the antichrist. (My jaw dropped as I knew he was a 2X bush voter and voted for McCain) but I could not imagine him believeing this. I aksed him if he really really believed that Obama was the antichrist. He said yes. I was at a loss for words to say. Some like dipship and dumbass came to mind but I refrained.

What did you think of the Liberals that believed Bush was Hitler or Stalin?

By David Gardner

Almost 90 percent of Liberal believed Bush was gonna cause WW3. SO what?

You know what Gunny? I've come to find out that you can't shame the left with proof of their hypocrisy, they're shameless.

That must be about the same percentage that believe dinosaurs walked with humans in the last 6,000 years.

I believe that Antichrist is supposed to possess high intelligence and charisma, Obama has proved out to possess neither. If you consider his poll ratings, most Americans have seen through the smoke and mirrors and he comes out a flash in the pan.

By David Gardner

I call bullshit on this. There are about 47 Miilion registered Republicans in the US.

How many registered republicans and democrats are in the United States | ChaCha Answers

25% of 47 Million is 11,750,000 people.

A statistically valid sample of 47 Million people would have to reach at least 8,696,594 folks and get replies from them all. To reach 8,696,594 people and get replies from them, conventional wisdom is that if you use a penetrating means of communicating (such as a telephone survey manned by a live questioner) you will need at least 175% of the number of replies you hope to generate. That means live questioners had to phone at least 1,5219,039 people. All of whom were at home, picked and answered the questions put to them....most people won't cooperate like that, but I'm ignoring this factor. This is obviously too expensive, etc. And if it had occurred, I'm sure someone would have told CNN, ABC, FOX, MSNC, yadda yadda yadda.

Here's a description of what the term "statistically valid sample" means:

How to determine an effective sample size | Marketing M.O.

So that means, if it occurred, the pollster had to rely on a more passive means of obtaining replies, such as a postcard mailed to the sampled population with instructions to mark and return. Conventional wisdom is, you need about 190% of the total replies you hope to obtain when using a passive method. That's 16,523,528 postcards.

I've actually done mass mailings. 16.5 Million names and addresses is an enormous database and buying one would cost a fortune. Not even the RNC would have a list this long; you'd have to buy from the states' RPH. Probably run at least $150,000 and I am really just guessing here. Then there's the cost of production...figure about 4 cents per, or $660,941. Cost to mail, another 28 cents per postcard, or $4,626,587.

Now the total survey costs have climbed to $5,437,528. I'm not tallying the cost to colate and analyze the replies, never mind to store them. But they would be enormous.

Who the hell do you think spends anything like $5,437,528 to find out how many people in a sample "believe that Obama may be the Anti-Christ"? (That's a lousy question design by the way. Ambiguity is bad. "May be" would never be used.) What does it mean that "an even greater percent compared Obama to Hitler"? The postcards aren't getting essay answer style replies, yanno. Yes, no, maybe...that's it.

I went through this exercise because it was fun. Learning anything from what I have written about believing everything you hear or read, well that's optional for you.

Just reply yes, no or maybe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back