Almost 100,000 kids test positive as schools prepare

Time for them to get back to work as well! Either that or stop paying them.
Uh... hey genius... they would still be working, with e-learning.
In that case why even have teachers? Get the twenty best teachers at what they do...have them give video lessons on line and get rid of all the rest of the slacker teachers!

It's not going to end well if you do not open the schools.

It’s not good either way. To er on the side of caution maybe the right thing. I don’t want my god children or nieces going to school. It’s just not worth the risk.

This is not about health. It's about the hospitals. Testing positive is not the same as being sick.

True, but the kids spread the virus to their parents and grandparents thus exacerbating the problem.

Like you're keeping those kids quarantined now? Don't make me laugh!

In that case why even have teachers? Get the twenty best teachers at what they do...have them give video lessons on line and get rid of all the rest of the slacker teachers!
Well, that's a stupid idea on every level, but i will focus on two.

One, the e-learning will be interactive. So class size will still matter.

Two, where are those teachers going to go, and who will fill these positions once the pandemic passes?

Think. Then post. In that order.

Well, that's a stupid idea on every level, but i will focus on two.

One, the e-learning will be interactive. So class size will still matter.

Two, where are those teachers going to go, and who will fill these positions once the pandemic passes?

Think. Then post. In that order.

They'll have to get REAL jobs! OMG...the horror! If teachers stay out long enough the world will realize that they're becoming as obsolete as brick and mortar stores and they'll have no one to blame but themselves!

Opening schools is such a bad idea

It's not going to end well.

Crepitus, I read the brief source you cited but I did not find the number of children tested. Where could we find that vital information?

Please show us where that is happening on a large scale.
The fear is that it can happen on a large scale of course, when there is a lot of the virus present. While it may be rare for children to transmit the disease, the frequency of occurrence of a rare event increases with more opportunities for it to happen. And it just so happens that we have failed miserably in containing this virus, and there is now a lot of it going around. So you are going to see our schools do poorly in this respect, compared to schools in other countries.

Last edited:
Crepitus,

Why do you demand that children suffer more depression, suicides and fall further behind in school?

Do you have Chicken Little out in your back yard?

What we know so far about COVID-19 and children
Issam AHMED
AFPAugust 6, 2020
[...]
Under-18s have accounted for just two percent of hospitalized COVID-19 cases and less than 0.1 percent of all deaths in the United States, according to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

A total of 45 children died from the coronavirus in the United States between February 1 and August 1 -- compared to 105 who died from seasonal flu -- out of a total of 13,000 children who died of all of causes over the period.

When they do catch the virus, children are far less likely than adults to fall seriously ill.

An informative study of 2,143 confirmed or suspected cases of coronavirus among children in China found 94 percent of cases were asymptomatic, mild or moderate.

Those children who do fall ill often have underlying conditions. A study found all 10 pediatric patients who were hospitalized in Chicago in March and April with COVID-19 had either pre-existing conditions or co-infections.

The bottom line here is that children get sick and die from COVID-19 far less often than adults do, though that does not mean they are immune.

And to their teachers, and vice versa. I am curious who everyone thinks will be teaching the classes, when teachers and everyone they come into contact with at the school are quarantined. maybe... Santa Claus?
We should have given the virus to the teachers over the summer, that way they would already have the antibodies.

It's not going to end well if you do not open the schools.

It’s not good either way. To er on the side of caution maybe the right thing. I don’t want my god children or nieces going to school. It’s just not worth the risk.

This is not about health. It's about the hospitals. Testing positive is not the same as being sick.

True, but the kids spread the virus to their parents and grandparents thus exacerbating the problem.
Yeah and the sky is falling! The sky is falling! You friggin moron. Crawl back under your rock and stay there why don't ya.

And to their teachers, and vice versa. I am curious who everyone thinks will be teaching the classes, when teachers and everyone they come into contact with at the school are quarantined. maybe... Santa Claus?

If everyone had the attitude of the crepehanger Democrats, the Vikings would never have made it to North America and we'd still be waiting for the Wright Brothers to discover the airplane. Oh, wait, I'd be in Norway. :D

New Topics

Forum List

Back