All this 10mm talk

I love the Henry rifles!!!
That brass is beautiful!!!
If I ever win the lottery my gun collection is gonna be Sick!!!

Yes they are. Watch out though some are "brasslite". Still beauties. Henry uses some alloy recievers, the big bore models not sure. I have a basic 22 lever 001 model. Holds about 11 in the tube but you can put in about 20 colibris, feed fine and go on a mouse safari in the barn. I love that rifle.

Reminds me I have always "needed" a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. Yes Welfare Queen they hunt with them although I would prefer a long barrel revolver for my hunting. The original Delta Elites used to crack the frames. Not because of dumb asses have to drop the slide with no round to pickup, but the round and design (beats the frame). Believe that was fixed long ago.

Another fav? 1911 in Super 38. That's one hot ass round. I have 45acp, 1911's my life long love affair. I'd even go for another 1911 45acp and build it up some. The Rock Island 22 TCM seems interesting too, based on a long 9mm case. One can get the conversion and shoot TCM or 9mm.

11288-DEFAULT-l.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

I have one of the first Delta Elites that was sold in Cali way back when. I increased the recoil spring power by 7 pounds to deal with the pounding. It's still my primary desert carry piece.

While I'm a huge fan of semi autos and even I'll admit the revolver is generally more accurate.
That 10mm is sweet though,I'd have one for sure.

It's insignificant at the distances usually existing in a self defense scenario. I'd rather have more rounds.

Like a revolver,the lever action is cool as hell!
They're crap. Slow to reload, can't take spitzer, hurt to open, hurt to close, hurt the trigger finger, difficult to use prone, usually the shittiest sights known to man. The triggers are not much either. Crap.

Mausers laugh at them.

edit...Oh, underpowered.

And they have killed more deer than all the Mausers in the world, combined.

I have one of the first Delta Elites that was sold in Cali way back when. I increased the recoil spring power by 7 pounds to deal with the pounding. It's still my primary desert carry piece.
[/QUOTE]

Yes a stronger recoil spring would address that, a buffer too. Could be what they did to solve the cracking frames.

Pussies like cnm havent ever fired a gun, let alone a big one, so they are clueless on the effects other than from watching hollyweird.
You'd have had to be goddamned busy to have killed as many animals with rifle and shotgun, easily in the thousands.

Suuuuure you have, big boy. The only people who have killed that many animals are scumbag poachers. So, you are either a goddamned liar (highly likely) or a fucking poacher who should be skinned alive.

I'd bet I've shot more game animals before I reached the age of ten than you've shot in your whole life.
You have season limits and tags and all that 'game' shit, don't you? So you're bullshitting as to number. No limits, tags, seasons, licences for introduced feral mammals on public land here. And just about every mammal is introduced.They're all declared noxious, it's a public service to shoot them and walk away. Well, it's courteous not to leave them in a water source of course.

I live and grew up in Texas moron.
We can shoot all the hogs we can find,all the exotics we can find and the bag limits are far higher than yankee states. Until recently we had no seasons on saltwater fish unlike the north.
I can still shoot 5 deer a year in Kimble county,two bucks and three doe.
You don't quite get the point of 'no limits', 'no seasons', 'no tags', 'no licence', 'declared noxious', do you?

So, you're an Aussie then. Figures.

While I'm a huge fan of semi autos and even I'll admit the revolver is generally more accurate.
That 10mm is sweet though,I'd have one for sure.

It's insignificant at the distances usually existing in a self defense scenario. I'd rather have more rounds.

Yep.
Which is why I carry a semi auto.
But I sure wouldnt use it to hunt with,which is where the better accuracy comes into play.

Reminds me I have always "needed" a Colt Delta Elite 10mm. Yes Welfare Queen they hunt with them although I would prefer a long barrel revolver for my hunting. The original Delta Elites used to crack the frames. Not because of dumb asses have to drop the slide with no round to pickup, but the round and design (beats the frame). Believe that was fixed long ago.

Another fav? 1911 in Super 38. That's one hot ass round. I have 45acp, 1911's my life long love affair. I'd even go for another 1911 45acp and build it up some. The Rock Island 22 TCM seems interesting too, based on a long 9mm case. One can get the conversion and shoot TCM or 9mm.

11288-DEFAULT-l.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

You live in Arizona?

11288-DEFAULT-l.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

You live in Arizona?

Nevada.

Forum List

Back