All the Presidents since I was born

You are a little older than me. But I would say Obama, Carter and Bush Jr. Johnson was bad but brilliant.

Eisenhower

Kennedy

Johnson

Nixon

Ford

Carter

Reagan

Bush

Clinton

Bush

Obama

And the worst of the bunch?

Obama followed by Carter.

that fits for me too, time-wise, I have to say 'worst' is hard to delineate as a stand alone term or descriptor.

I think including obama and bush II in there is not quite fair, its to soon, Clinton too, BUT , Clinton is certainly looking better each year compared to those that followed him, a statement I would not have saw myself making back then, thats why I am loath to do so now for bush and obama who still has 3 years to run.

Yeah but you are a bias pile of shit so your opinion isnt objective one bit.

Eisenhower

Kennedy

Johnson

Nixon

Ford

Carter

Reagan

Bush

Clinton

Bush

Obama

Since my birth:

Truman - Marshall Plan, UN, Integrated the Military, GI Bill, fired MacArthur.

Kennedy - Set a vision for our future, space, civil rights, stood up to USSR.

Johnson - Civil Rights Act, Medicare.

IKE - National highway system, electrified rural America, did no harm.

Clinton - Worked well with a Congress intent on destroying him, humanitarian, economic boom, welfare reform

G. H. W. Bush - stood up to the base, personal integrity, steady at the helm.

Nixon - But for Watergate he might have been highly rated: Open China to the west, clean air and clean water acts.

Reagan - Huge military build up, costly and a threat to world peace. Damn lucky the USSR collapsed under it's own weight. Iran-Contra and left the nation with massive debt. Removed solar collectors from White House roof - lacked imagination.

Carter - doomed by the Iran Revolution and oil embargo. Had it right on energy but never had a chance to implement his ideas.

Ford - Stagflation and the worst economy in my lifetime until we experienced the Great Bush Recession of 2007 to 2009.

Too soon to judge Obama.

G. W. Bush (failure) Invaded and occupied Iraq, a poor choice and not necessary. costing nearly 5,000 American service personnel their lives and more than 10,000 wounded, costing over a Trillion Dollars and still more as we continue to treat casualties into the middle of this century. Asleep at the switch in 2001 and again in mid decade as economists began to express concern over the housing bubble.

Last edited:
Conservatives will put Reagan and Bush 2 at the top and Liberals will put Obama and Carter at the top. Objectively, who can disagree? In hindsight, to me, Bush I, Johnson, Nixon and Ford were far more liberal than I thought and JFK and Clinton were more conservative.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of Obama I but voted for him. I think he's a little too conservative sometimes and willing to cut the safety nets which does nothing to help the economy, but considering the state of the economy when he came into office, and the state of the economy now, I think he's done fairly well especially considering how republicans have done everything in their power to make him fail. He may even go down in history as one the greats eventually, just like FDR, another democrat who had to rescue the country from an earlier republican created depression. Too early to tell yet.

Conservatives will put Reagan and Bush 2 at the top and Liberals will put Obama and Carter at the top. Objectively, who can disagree? In hindsight, to me, Bush I, Johnson, Nixon and Ford were far more liberal than I thought and JFK and Clinton were more conservative.

Conservatives would have a tough time with Reagan or bush 2 as any good much less great. Remember the dozens of felons running amuck while reagan napped? Over 150 convictions, pardoned of course by Bush 1. Then bush and the Iraq wmd's lying and our economy and the world economy crashing while he was in office.

Eisenhower

Kennedy

Johnson

Nixon

Ford

Carter

Reagan

Bush

Clinton

Bush

Obama

Since my birth:

Truman - Marshall Plan, UN, Integrated the Military, GI Bill, fired MacArthur.

Kennedy - Set a vision for our future, space, civil rights, stood up to USSR.

Johnson - Civil Rights Act, Medicare.

IKE - National highway system, electrified rural America, did no harm.

Clinton - Worked well with a Congress intent on destroying him, humanitarian, economic boom

G. H. W. Bush - stood up to the base, personal integrity, steady at the helm.

Nixon - But for Watergate he might have been highly rated: Open China to the west, clean air and clean water acts.

Reagan - Huge military build up, costly and a threat to world peace. Damn lucky the USSR collapsed under it's own weight. Iran-Contra and left the nation with massive debt. Removed solar collectors from White House roof - lacked imagination.

Carter - doomed by the Iran Revolution and oil embargo. Had it right on energy but never had a chance to implement his ideas.

Ford - Stagflation and the worst economy in my lifetime until we experienced the Great Bush Recession of 2007 to 2009.

Too soon to judge Obama.

G. W. Bush (failure) Invaded and occupied Iraq, a poor choice and not necessary. costing nearly 5,000 American service personnel their lives and more than 10,000 wounded, costing over a Trillion Dollars and still more as we continue to treat casualties into the middle of this century. Asleep at the switch in 2001 and again in mid decade as economists began to express concern over the housing bubble.

Although I don't see how Nixon's opening up China to the west was a plus. They were no threat to USA, now they are an economic threat which will eventually enable them to be a military threat.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama I but voted for him. I think he's a little too conservative sometimes and willing to cut the safety nets which does nothing to help the economy, but considering the state of the economy when he came into office, and the state of the economy now, I think he's done fairly well especially considering how republicans have done everything in their power to make him fail. He may even go down in history as one the greats eventually, just like FDR, another democrat who had to rescue the country from an earlier republican created depression. Too early to tell yet.
Youth and lack of perspective, your ignorance is forgiven.

I go back to FDR. I've been talking politics since I was six. Obabble takes the cake...I cannot believe you morons elected him.

I go back to the Eisenhower administration too. I'm sure that Ike and Kennedy had their faults, but every president since then has sucked for one or more reasons.
Johnson - Getting us in deep in Vietnam.
Nixon - Yes, he was a crook.
Ford - Only unelected president. Pardoned Nixon.
Carter - I think history would have looked at him much more kindly if that Iran hostage rescue attempt had succeeded.
Reagan - Iran / Contra affair. Military adventurism. Took us from largest creditor nation to largest debtor.
Bush 1 - Not a bad president. Breaking his "Read my lips - no new taxes" pledge did him in.
Clinton - Not a bad president. Put under a microscope by Republican congress. Budget surplus.
Bush 2 - Election decided in a state where his brother was governor and the Sec of State was on his campaign. Asleep at the wheel on 9/11/01 after ignoring warnings. Started war on Afghanistan, then shifted to Iraq even though Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. Unfunded Medicare drug benefit. Cut taxes with two wars going on. Left the economy in shambles. Started DHS and TSA police state agencies. Circumvented FISA court. OK'ed torture and extraordinary rendition. Worst president of my lifetime and possibly one of the worst in history.
Obama - Continued Bush police state policies. Continued Bush tax cuts. Big corporate giveaways. Still waiting to see what will happen regarding ACA.

Forum List

Back