All the President's Debt

No, they seem to either not understand that or not acknowledge that fact. And hey...according to them...owing $1B is nothing to worry about.
Depends on how much you are worth... For example, California can sell everything it has and not pay off it's debt. Trump, worth more than he owes... OBVIOUSLY. He's not a government that will keep brining in cash and banks will keep giving it to him. You think banks don't look at his loans already on the books to see if they want to give him another one? A lot more than you people are giving him credit for... REMEMBER? Can't have it both ways.

Fuck'n stupid.

It's a no win argument for you. Please... lets make an issue of this.

Is that why he's filed for bankruptcy so many times...? LOL
He's never filed for bankruptcy... A few of his companies have... And yet... Until he was president he pretty much keeps getting richer.

I can't fix your stupid. I'll just happily let you go on this path. It only helps Trump. MORE POSTS ON THIS PLEASE, MORE THREADS.

He's filed for bankruptcy 6 times.

He's never filed for bankruptcy... A few of his companies have... And yet... Until he was president he pretty much keeps getting richer.

No, they seem to either not understand that or not acknowledge that fact. And hey...according to them...owing $1B is nothing to worry about.
Depends on how much you are worth... For example, California can sell everything it has and not pay off it's debt. Trump, worth more than he owes... OBVIOUSLY. He's not a government that will keep brining in cash and banks will keep giving it to him. You think banks don't look at his loans already on the books to see if they want to give him another one? A lot more than you people are giving him credit for... REMEMBER? Can't have it both ways.

Fuck'n stupid.

I can't fix your stupid. I'll just happily let you go on this path. It only helps Trump. MORE POSTS ON THIS PLEASE, MORE THREADS.

People who can not run the lemonade and do not even understand corporations are funded by debt...

... are lecturing us about what a failure a billionaire in the top 300 richest people in the world is.

It's a joke. More winning please.

Fuck'n stupid.

People who can not run the lemonade and do not even understand corporations are funded by debt...

... are lecturing us about what a failure a billionaire in the top 300 richest people in the world is.

It's a joke. More winning please.

candycorn is just fucking with you guys. At least I hope that is the case. She's being obtuse to distract you from shit like Hunter Biden's e-mail scandal.

That or she is the biggest dumbshit to ever post anything with regard to finances I've ever seen.

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times

You're a liar. Trump has never filed for bankruptcy.

It's hilarious how you liars keep calling Trump a liar

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Forbes brought some of the debt into sharp focus in a recent article:

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

Here are the top debts that he owes as described in the article....

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168

This is some really stupid ass shit.

What you're doing is counting his portion of the debt in his investments. It's like if you have mutual funds or stocks in an IRA, someone calculating your share of all the debt for all the companies you invested in and calling that your debt.

Think about it. Do you own any mutual funds? Should you list all of your percentage of the debt of all those companies as your debt? That's retarded.

Another issue is that he's not personally liable for any of that debt. You know nothing about business. I'll explain more in the next post about your incredible ignorance of business

Oh for God's sake.....

EVERY corporation does that.
Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

Please consider enrolling in Business 101

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Perhaps you should consider that course.

Again, you're just flat out wrong.

Every building he's invested in is probably two corporations. You said they are none. Obviously he's not personally exposed. So his worst loss in any investment is that investment.

The way the tax code is set up, you want real estate holdings to be separate from operating businesses. It's butt stupid, but government set up the tax laws to make it that way. So here's how it would be set up. This is the MINIMUM number of corporations, there could be many more

Building one:

- One corporation that rents out apartments (revenue) and deducts operating costs (maintenance), ...
- One corporation that owns the building
- The second corporation rents the building to the first corporation, which rents apartments.

Building two:

- One corporation that rents out apartments (revenue) and deducts operating costs (maintenance), ...
- One corporation that owns the building
- The second corporation rents the building to the first corporation, which rents apartments.

Umbrella corporation

- One corporation that owns the others.

Your knowledge of business is zero. I can't believe you said there are no corporations. No one would do that, it would be retarded. There are lots of corporations. Thank government for those moronic rules.

He's do that to maximize tax writeoffs and minimize risk. Worse case, one building would go bust and they'd have to walk away from that investment. No way he's allow one building to bring down the rest

I wonder where he will go when he leaves the WH. Probably his place in Florida, or maybe Argentina. He knows who and what will be waiting for him if he ever against sets foot in NY. The NY AG and the prosecutors of the Southern District of New York probably will be waiting on the tarmac. And $400 million in debt? Oh, please. Maybe he will get conjugal visits with Melania. This will be very interesting.

Getting away from the ice queen may be his long game.

Have you notice no one is more misogynistic than a leftist woman? It's incredible

Oh for God's sake.....

Even the USA does that. Do you have any idea how much of the US's debt is held by China ?? (NO)

We're really wondering how much of Trump's debt is held by China.

You should be wondering what your candidate owes China, as well as Russia. Communist countries like those don't fix up your relatives with lucrative sweetheart deals, unless they expect something in return.

Know what i mean?

Trump has a lot of stuff made in China...he probably owes them quite a bit too.

This one's hilarious. Suddenly living up to their political ideology in their personal life is a standard to you. That while you say NOTHING about high tax Democrats cheating on their taxes. You're such an incredible hypocrite

Oh for God's sake.....

Trump's companies are not a corporation. It's also not a government. He just can't keep printing money to pay off his $1B in Debt. Nor can he float bonds.

Perhaps you should consider that course.

Excuse me?

You think printing unbacked paper money is a viable way to deal with debt ???

Viable? No.

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.

Corporations can raise capital in many ways...bonds, stock issues, etc... Trump's companies are privately held meaning that the principals are responsible for the debt. And he has a lot of it.

So now to continue your business education, let's talk about debt.

So seriously, you think Trump should right a check for his investments rather than borrow money? That's just stupid. Just a few buildings would tie up all his money. It would be such a waste to do that.

Here's an article you won't understand, I'll give you the gist of it: Optimal Capital Structure.

Equity is more expensive than debt. Until the debt becomes too high. What that means is if you wrote a check for a whole building, you're butt stupid. What you advocate is bad business. You're advocating he take low returns. When debt gets too high, then borrowing costs do increase. The optimal structure means you borrow as much debt as you can to the point that borrowing costs don't drive the rates too high.

Just FYI, the "rule of thumb" is 2-1. Meaning for a $300MM investment, you'd borrow $200MM and invest $100MM of your own money. Trump with $3.66 in assets and $1B in debt is well below that, even according to your own article.

That means instead of one building you can buy three. Think about why that is good.

Also, while the depreciation schedules are long for real estate, you can still deduct millions a year for decades (exact time depending on use). That while you write off debt payments. Of course you get richer buying three buildings over one as you advocate because you know nothing about business

Not really. Trump has hidden a lot of his debt from public view, obfuscated when asked about his massive debt, and is clearly not that great a businessman....having filed for bankruptcy multiple times.

Yes...over $1B in debt is owed by Trump. And that is just what the experts at Forbes can find from the public disclosures which are murky at best. Murky by design no doubt. The multiple lenders (Deutsch, Ladder Financial, etc...) own most of his ass. But that's quite a bit of ass to own...there are a lot of harpoons in the whale.

View attachment 403160View attachment 403161View attachment 403162View attachment 403163View attachment 403164View attachment 403165View attachment 403166View attachment 403167View attachment 403168
All I see are people trying very hard not talking about Hunter and Biden's problems.

He has problems; owing a billion dollars ain't one of them.

So he buys a building, sets up a corporation, and uses the building itself as collateral. That's bad business how again?

But it's what we do here because we want more government than we're willing to pay for.
not me. why do you need more government?

We don't; we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

we need to tax ourselves at the level of government spending.

It would make more sense to spend less than we take in in taxes, and pay down the debt.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Oh wait, you think it's a fantastic idea to be in debt.... I forgot. Sorry.

We should tax to the levels of spending.

Nope.

the more they tax, the more they spend.

Raise taxes across the board to 90%, Congress will still spend more than they take in.

Being in debt for 1/4th my assets?

not a big issue.

Not that you seem to understand.

You seem to think any debt is good debt.... Its a crazy stance. I'm not surprised a Trump supporter thinks that way since most are certifiable nuts.
And I bet you keep your life savings in a bank right? Are you aware that the safest bank to keep your money is the bank that has the worst ratings with the FDIC? Why? Because if there is a run on the banks like what happened in 1929, what banks get their coverage per depositor first?
YUP... the ones that are first hit because in reality... YOUR faith in the FDIC is totally predicated on this statement:
FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government

Never mentioned the FDIC...
I don't owe a billion dollars....if that is what you're asking.

The average home owner owes 80% of the value of their home. So if the home is valued at 300K and they buy it at 300K, they likely owe 240K for the home. Are they in debt? Yes, they owe 240K so they are in debt for 240K....but they have 300K in assets meaning they are above water for 60K. So they are not actually in debt. They are leveraging. That is how it works.
Furthermore, thanks to the laws passed by congress....both democrats and republicans.....one can write off the interest on the debt....
Finally, they may owe 240K, have assets of 300K, but as they pay the debt off, their value to loan decreases and they are living free of rent.
Sadly, those that rent dont get it.
My guess is you rent, otherwise you would have not posted this.
Does the average home owner owe a billion dollars?

Business and Finance are not part of the Liberal hivemind education program.

They have Gender studies, intersectionality, and cronyism.

That's why they see Trump's debt as "BAD".....

:rofl:

I wonder where he will go when he leaves the WH. Probably his place in Florida, or maybe Argentina. He knows who and what will be waiting for him if he ever again sets foot in NY. The NY AG and the prosecutors of the Southern District of New York probably will be waiting on the tarmac. And $400 million in debt? Oh, please. Maybe he will get conjugal visits with Melania. This will be very interesting.
what??? Your TDS has made your prose impossible to decipher
This has nothing to do with "TDS," which is just a dodge, anyway, in the absence of any discussion about why I don't like him personally and politically.

He's got quite a history in New York State before he ever ran for president. There is state law as well as federal law to be considered, so the state AG and the prosecutors for the Southern District of New York probably want to have a lengthy chat with him. I'm guessing that they know much more than we do. He loses any immunity that he might have had as a sitting president when he is no longer president.

Leftists only complain about the debt when a Republican is in the white house. When a democrat is in there - it's all good! Worthless leftist hypocrite traitor scum.

Forum List

Back