AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Original trailer featuring Kevin Spacey:

Re-shot/re-cut trailer with Christopher Plummer:

Kevin Spacey is an asshole, but the guy can act. However, I can't help but see Kevin Spacey in the original trailer. Christopher Plummer is FAR superior in t he role of J. Paul Getty, and I heard that Plummer was Ridley Scott's first choice for the role anyway. It makes a big difference that they actually got an old guy to play Getty.

The film is beautifully shot, and there's pretty solid acting all around. Christopher Plummer is awesome as J. Paul Getty, but he's not really the main character. The main characters are Michelle Williams (Getty's daughter-in-law), Charlie Plummer (as the kidnapped J. Paul Getty III), and Mark Wahlberg (Fletcher Chace).

They all did a great job, but I also really liked the acting of the main kidnapper, Romain Duris (Cinquanta), featured in the trailers. I thought he did a great job as well.

While I wouldn't say it's the best movie I've ever seen, it definitely had me hooked once it really starts to pick up about 30 minutes or so into the film. The music was great as well.

8/10

Out of curiosity, I would like to see the original cut with Kevin Spacey, but I doubt it will ever see the light of day. I'm assuming all copies were probably destroyed.

Although I am familiar with Getty, having been to the Getty Museum, I never knew much about the man or this kidnapping story. I was talking to my mom, and I told her about the movie. She knew about the kidnapping. I guess it was big news back in the day.

Forum List

Back