All Freedom is Evil!

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
I am not trolling! I am not against Freedom. I acknowledge that suppression of Freedom is Evil. But Freedom is also Evil.

Freedom is Evil because it guarantees that some individuals will make wrong and harmful choices. Suppression of Freedom is Evil because suppression of Freedom is Evil. Finding the Lesser Evil is an open question in each specific case.

Humans have limited resources and conflicting interests. Thus any Freedom given to Humans will be used by some in a wrong way. I do not want to make this another thread about Free Speech -- I will discuss some other Freedoms.

Freedom of Ingestion leads many people to harmful practices. Most of my 157 kg are of avian origin. Almost everyone agrees that criminalizing unhealthy diet would be an act of Tyranny. Thus suppression of Freedom by criminalization of unhealthy diet is Greater Evil relative to Freedom of unhealthy diet. Other substances are much more harmful then fat and sugar. Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and some light narcotics are an example. Would it be more evil to ban these substances or not? This is debatable ad infinitum. An extreme example of a harmful substance is Fentanyl. It would be much Greater Evil to allow Fentanyl to be sold then to prohibit it's use.

Freedom to own dangerous objects leads to people using these objects to harm themselves or others. Some harm is intentional, such as assault with a weapon. Some harm is accidental, such as motorcycle crash. The Criminally Insane are frequently forbidden to use any pen, spoon, fork, or toothbrush which can be made into a stabbing weapon. Normal and free people must have much more freedom. Almost everyone agrees that prohibiting free and normal people from using knives and cars would be wrong. Suppression of Freedom by criminalization of knives and cars is Greater Evil relative to Freedom of citizens owning knives and cars. Motorcycles have accident fatality rate which is about 30 times as high as cars. Guns have been used in 572,000 murders and suicides in USA 1999-2016. I strongly support banning guns, while many strongly disagree. I would not oppose banning motorcycles. This is debatable ad infinitum. Almost everyone agrees that no private citizen should own any weapon of mass destruction, a nuclear reactor, or a large airplane. Almost everyone agrees that drunk driving or driving without license should be a crime. It would be much Greater Evil to allow possession of extremely dangerous items and drunk or dangerous driving then to prohibit them.

Freedom to consume and use resources leads people to leave others without resources they need. Each one of us would be happy to be the owner of all resources of Humankind, and even that would not be enough! Anyone's Freedom to use and consume a resource suppresses others Freedom to use and consume that resource. Each Society is faced with the problem of division of resources. Many Wars have been fought for resources. This is a subject of many endless conflicts and arguments. What would be the most fair division of resources? In my opinion, rich people should pay high taxes. In my opinion, everyone should have a right to Food, Shelter, and Medical Care. Many people strongly disagree.

Thus, we conclude that both Freedom and suppression of Freedom are evil. What is the greater Evil? In countless cases it is Freedom. In countless other cases it is suppression of Freedom. In countless more cases this subject can be debated ad infinitum!

Angels have no Freedom. Their only desire is to serve G-d and fulfill G-d's Will. They are absolutely happy. The Freedom of angels is not constrained or suppressed in any way. They have no desire to act contrary to their nature. I am Jewish, thus some Christians and Muslims will disagree with me on this point.

The (mostly) left wing arguments about freedom seem to be based on the erroneous assumption that that freedom is absolute. The Founding Fathers geniuses allowed for restrictions on freedom and we live with those restrictions in the 21st century.

From what I have seen, IMO?

Coming from two different ideologies, the right wing, and conservative evolutionary psychology, Jordan Peterson has written that we aren't biologically programed for freedom and liberty, this goes to his lobster argument, "The Biology of Social Status."

This is strikingly similar to Erich Fromm's writing out of the Critical Theory school from the left, Escape from Freedom, in that mankind evolved from Tribal roots, as such, we are biologically programed to need leadership, and hierarchical communities. . . and? In short, freedom scares the shit out of most folks. This isn't a whole lot different than what we are taught out of Plato's Republic, that the great unwashed masses are really incapable of true freedom.

The founders? They believed only by a free, and responsible society educating it's young, and a nation that was spiritually aware, could an enlightened society ever remain liberated and handle the burden and responsibility of true freedom.

Otherwise? Freedom is just nothing left to lose.

The (mostly) left wing arguments about freedom seem to be based on the erroneous assumption that that freedom is absolute. The Founding Fathers geniuses allowed for restrictions on freedom and we live with those restrictions in the 21st century.
Sadly, no mortal human has Absolute Freedom. All of us are constrained by Physicality, Health, and Limited Resources.

I am not trolling! I am not against Freedom. I acknowledge that suppression of Freedom is Evil. But Freedom is also Evil.

Freedom is Evil because it guarantees that some individuals will make wrong and harmful choices. Suppression of Freedom is Evil because suppression of Freedom is Evil. Finding the Lesser Evil is an open question in each specific case.

Humans have limited resources and conflicting interests. Thus any Freedom given to Humans will be used by some in a wrong way. I do not want to make this another thread about Free Speech -- I will discuss some other Freedoms.

Freedom of Ingestion leads many people to harmful practices. Most of my 157 kg are of avian origin. Almost everyone agrees that criminalizing unhealthy diet would be an act of Tyranny. Thus suppression of Freedom by criminalization of unhealthy diet is Greater Evil relative to Freedom of unhealthy diet. Other substances are much more harmful then fat and sugar. Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and some light narcotics are an example. Would it be more evil to ban these substances or not? This is debatable ad infinitum. An extreme example of a harmful substance is Fentanyl. It would be much Greater Evil to allow Fentanyl to be sold then to prohibit it's use.

Freedom to own dangerous objects leads to people using these objects to harm themselves or others. Some harm is intentional, such as assault with a weapon. Some harm is accidental, such as motorcycle crash. The Criminally Insane are frequently forbidden to use any pen, spoon, fork, or toothbrush which can be made into a stabbing weapon. Normal and free people must have much more freedom. Almost everyone agrees that prohibiting free and normal people from using knives and cars would be wrong. Suppression of Freedom by criminalization of knives and cars is Greater Evil relative to Freedom of citizens owning knives and cars. Motorcycles have accident fatality rate which is about 30 times as high as cars. Guns have been used in 572,000 murders and suicides in USA 1999-2016. I strongly support banning guns, while many strongly disagree. I would not oppose banning motorcycles. This is debatable ad infinitum. Almost everyone agrees that no private citizen should own any weapon of mass destruction, a nuclear reactor, or a large airplane. Almost everyone agrees that drunk driving or driving without license should be a crime. It would be much Greater Evil to allow possession of extremely dangerous items and drunk or dangerous driving then to prohibit them.

Freedom to consume and use resources leads people to leave others without resources they need. Each one of us would be happy to be the owner of all resources of Humankind, and even that would not be enough! Anyone's Freedom to use and consume a resource suppresses others Freedom to use and consume that resource. Each Society is faced with the problem of division of resources. Many Wars have been fought for resources. This is a subject of many endless conflicts and arguments. What would be the most fair division of resources? In my opinion, rich people should pay high taxes. In my opinion, everyone should have a right to Food, Shelter, and Medical Care. Many people strongly disagree.

Thus, we conclude that both Freedom and suppression of Freedom are evil. What is the greater Evil? In countless cases it is Freedom. In countless other cases it is suppression of Freedom. In countless more cases this subject can be debated ad infinitum!
Jesus in us will help us to make the right choices. We cannot do good without Christ in our mind. We need to praised Jesus for the good that we do. We must not say Lord, Lord didn't we do this or that? Jesus will not know them. People want the freedom to walk around in little or no clothing. Perfectly fine. People will want to have sexual interaction with another species. It may be to just help a dog to ejaculate and themselves, too. let them. The law needs to allow for that. Some zoos will want to do other activities. The same as a heterosexual couple. We need to let them. We need to control ourselves. work out our own salvation, looking upon Jesus, as our example. He is the good shepherd. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. The rod is not used to hit the sheep. It is used to guide the sheep. It is not what a person eats that defiles them. It is what they say that defiles them. Ask and receive would open up the choices as to what they could eat. We are bought with a price. Our body is not our own. Take care of it the best that you can. We are made in God's image. Harm it, harm God. Remember that. Satan pierced Jesus. That being wants to piece him in others. Resist that being. Jesus will judge as to who does good, and who does evil. Final reward is not life - life. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. The soul needs to be ready prior to dying. Once to live, and then the judgment. The breath goes back to God who gave it. Some end up in a holding pen for final judgment. The Unseen Father preached to them. 1 Peter 19 -20, KJV. Don't try to gain all that is. Satan wants to do that though a person. That being does that, knowing that this is all that being has, seperated from God. That being will perish with all that is. They that do what that being does will perish with that being, who is dressed in gold and gems. That being wants people to put a price on the things that cover that beings body. Don't try to gather all that is unto yourself. They that do that will lose a gift far greater than anything you can Imagine in your mind. Jesus called tax collectors sinners. What does that make money to be? Money makes people to say yes to it; always saying no to people. God needs to be in our mind, controling us. Woe unto they that don't do that. Time and chance happens to every man. People need to be ready for that time and chance.

Last edited:
I am not a Christian -- I am Jewish.
The left took the anti Freedom of the church, running with it, making things to be worse. That would not have happend had the church taught the truth. The law of God would have been in people. The need to teach people God's loving laws would not even enter into their minds. A fear giving legal system would have never been. This would be an ask and receive, seek and find, gifting world. It would be a clothing optonal world. People would have religon that was not vain, controling what they said.

Angels have no Freedom. Their only desire is to serve G-d and fulfill G-d's Will. They are absolutely happy. The Freedom of angels is not constrained or suppressed in any way. They have no desire to act contrary to their nature. I am Jewish, thus some Christians and Muslims will disagree with me on this point.
Fallen angels had no freedom?

Why are they fallen then? Or being a Jew perhaps you don't believe in them.

You are correct that freedom brings bad choices and suffering, but not having freedom would take away the ability to have mutually loving relationships. It would also make us slaves. Would life be worth living then?

I always say that a Leftist utopia is a jail cell

1. Food is free

2. Shelter is free

3. Medical is free

4. Everyone dresses the same and lives the same

5. They are gun free zones

6. They could not be safer from other and themselves, assuming they are in a jail cell by themselves

7. They don't have to work

8. And every day is gay pride day.

It's what they want for everyone

You couldn't be more wrong.

The MISUSE of freedom is evil. Free will itself is a gift from God.

Then why does God allow man to take away freedom?
That's what free will is all about. To use or misuse it. It would not be free will if God stopped us from committing a wrong.

When your child is learning to walk, you have to let him fall down until he figures it out.

Telling God what his job description is is pure ego on our part.

That's what free will is all about. To use or misuse it. It would not be free will if God stopped us from committing a wrong.

When your child is learning to walk, you have to let him fall down until he figures it out.
Yet, every household is an autocracy of tyranny.

Forum List

Back