all able-bodied children & grandchildren of members of congress who vote for war should go to war

A draft should be mandatory any time we go to war .

We wouldn’t still be in Afghan 18 years later if there was a draft .

It’s a check n balance .

What if it is a small war? One that is over before the wave of conscripts can even finish training?

Still . Even if it’s a small draft, it will make lawmakers think twice about unjust wars .

1. So, all those people are trained, and then not used. A nice disruption to millions of lives and billions and billions of dollars wasted.

2. It would make them just as hesitant about Just Wars too. Of course.

It’s a check n balance .

What if it is a small war? One that is over before the wave of conscripts can even finish training?

Still . Even if it’s a small draft, it will make lawmakers think twice about unjust wars .

1. So, all those people are trained, and then not used. A nice disruption to millions of lives and billions and billions of dollars wasted.

We spend billions to woo people into the military. You can save that money by having a draft .

It’s a check n balance .

We spend billions to woo people into the military. You can save that money by having a draft .

Interesting. You ignored my point about Just Wars.

Also, your pretense that PR savings will balance out training millions of people not needed, is not very convincing.

It’s a check n balance .

Also, your pretense that PR savings will balance out training millions of people not needed, is not very convincing.

I’ll Answr your “just wars” .

If a war is truely just pols will not have a problem voting for it .

And Americans will volunteer to fight a just war.

Interesting claim.

I think that cowardly politicians will have just as much trouble voting for a Just War, with the issue of their family being force to serve and their voters, families being forced to serve.

And "Americans"? In a country where school administrators don't let children chant USA, because it is racist?

You think that America will produce citizen soldiers?

LOL!!!!

Interesting claim.

I think that cowardly politicians will have just as much trouble voting for a Just War, with the issue of their family being force to serve and their voters, families being forced to serve.

And "Americans"? In a country where school administrators don't let children chant USA, because it is racist?

LOL!!!!

Your Stupid example aside. Stupid anecdote side. After 9/11 thousands lined up at military recruitment stations.

The Pentagon had no problem recruiting because people wanted to fight the terrace.

Interesting claim.

LOL!!!!

Your Stupid example aside. Stupid anecdote side. After 9/11 thousands lined up at military recruitment stations.

The Pentagon had no problem recruiting because people wanted to fight .

It’s a check n balance .
You think that never going to war is good for us? That makes you a fool.

Interesting claim.

LOL!!!!

The Pentagon had no problem recruiting because people wanted to fight the terrace.

A direct attack on American soil with the deaths of thousands of innocent fellow citizens. Not all Just Wars will be that clear.

And how many of those who lined up, were the type that forbid chanting USA, USA, USA?

It’s a check n balance .

Vietnam lasted roughly 20 years with a draft
20 years? :71:

You can't help but step in your own pile, Plywood. Now sit the fck down and shut the fck up, redundant asshat

Since there was no declaration of the war, exact dates are sketchy. However, it is now widely accepted that the Vietnam War started on November 1, 1955 and lasted until April 30, 1975, which is roughly 20 years, or 19 years, 180 days to be precise.

How long was the Vietnam War? - The Vietnam War

Time to establish a bicameral and bipartisan Congressional Wartime Monitoring Committee.

One which lies dormant until activated automatically by any of several scenarios.

One which is deployed to the field alongside US Armed Forces... even if it's just sitting at local command-headquarters most of the time.

Thirty- or sixty-day rotations amongst members of both chambers of Congress.

The Committee would routinely channel their reports to Congress while deployed, in order that Congress can conduct proper oversight.

The Devil is in the details, and there would be a thousand-and-one kinks to work out of the idea, but it would serve to...

1. facilitate Congressional oversight of operations and assess the Executive's execution of command functions

2. impose on Congress-Critters a personal stake in the matter - hastening an end to rotations and the Committee going dormant again

Better than sending the children and grandchildren of CongressCritters out to die as a matter of political egalitarianism.

Last edited:

Interesting claim.

LOL!!!!

A direct attack on American soil with the deaths of thousands of innocent fellow citizens. Not all Just Wars will be that clear.

And how many of those who lined up, were the type that forbid chanting USA, USA, USA?

Your chanting story is bullshit .

And yes . War should be that clear .

It’s a check n balance .
You think that never going to war is good for us? That makes you a fool.

Where do you get that from ?
I got it from your dumb post. Never having enough soldiers to fight wars would be the result of your stupid idea.

Forum List

Back