Alex Jones' Lawyers Accidentally Sends Client's Texts To Sandy Hook Lawyers

"I can't stand Jones, but I will defend him against those evil parents of those shooting victims that he mocked, demonized and terrorized"

Fuck what you talking lil bitch

Where am I defending tbe asshole you twat? I think the 4.1 million is far too little. I hope the punitive damages are through the roof, what I despise are lying fucks, like you, who try and politicize everything.

You are a fucking pox on humanity.

Alex Jones is in a court case -- if you have evidence about the Biden admin and crimes, take that evidence to law enforcement and then you will have a court case to talk about too
Yeah, they think "theories" will hold up in court. Obviously, they don't. Rudy can tell you that since he is on the verge of losing his law license for promoting lies.

From this morning's Washington Post:

"But it remains to be seen how much Jones, 48, might be ordered to pay in punitive damages. The jury is expected to return Friday to weigh that amount — a sum that could be considerably higher. While the damages awarded to Jesse’s parents Thursday acknowledge the suffering they endured, punitive damages can be levied to punish a defendant and prevent future abuse."

“Punitive damages are the opportunity for the jurors to send a message,” said trial consultant Jill Huntley Taylor, who was not involved in the case."

--------------------------------------------------

I offer the above----and those other newsclips this week ----because this Alex Jones brouhaha seems to be such a distillation of the jackassery that America too often harbors. The story has the 2nd Amendment, fear of gun confiscation, QAnon-grade conspiracy nuttery, an outsized way-loud character who seems cartoonish, a link to a controversial elected official who got bounced out of the White House, and......importantly, devastating family tragedies. And then this week's trial offered a rare real-time true 'Perry Mason Moment'.

This is a tale to be told.

For something like 10yrs I've been aware of Jones. He was so 'out there', so ridiculously embedded and wedded into the American 'conspiracy' zeitgeist that he could, at times, simply be our court jester. The 'cartoon' I reference above. Never really relevant --- until he repeatedly mocked grieving parents so he could curry the uber 2nd Amendment nutters.

But the road does end, the party does not go on forever. A comeuppance comes. And we saw a taster of it yesterday with the $4.1 million awards. Today the same jury that Jones publicly insinuated was stupid ("don't even know what planet they are on")......have an opportunity to "send a message".

I'm pretty much neutral on all of these conspiracy nutters, more entertaining than alarming ..... but some stories are like eye-candy. This is one of 'em. And if I was a bettin' man --- I'd bet Jones' net worth is in point- blank range of a big bullet.

IMHO

From this morning's Washington Post:

"But it remains to be seen how much Jones, 48, might be ordered to pay in punitive damages. The jury is expected to return Friday to weigh that amount — a sum that could be considerably higher. While the damages awarded to Jesse’s parents Thursday acknowledge the suffering they endured, punitive damages can be levied to punish a defendant and prevent future abuse."

“Punitive damages are the opportunity for the jurors to send a message,” said trial consultant Jill Huntley Taylor, who was not involved in the case."

--------------------------------------------------

I offer the above----and those other newsclips this week ----because this Alex Jones brouhaha seems to be such a distillation of the jackassery that America too often harbors. The story has the 2nd Amendment, fear of gun confiscation, QAnon-grade conspiracy nuttery, an outsized way-loud character who seems cartoonish, a link to a controversial elected official who got bounced out of the White House, and......importantly, devastating family tragedies. And then this week's trial offered a rare real-time true 'Perry Mason Moment'.

This is a tale to be told.

For something like 10yrs I've been aware of Jones. He was so 'out there', so ridiculously embedded and wedded into the American 'conspiracy' zeitgeist that he could, at times, simply be our court jester. The 'cartoon' I reference above. Never really relevant --- until he repeatedly mocked grieving parents so he could curry the uber 2nd Amendment nutters.

But the road does end, the party does not go on forever. A comeuppance comes. And we saw a taster of it yesterday with the $4.1 million awards. Today the same jury that Jones publicly insinuated was stupid ("don't even know what planet they are on")......have an opportunity to "send a message".

I'm pretty much neutral on all of these conspiracy nutters, more entertaining than alarming ..... but some stories are like eye-candy. This is one of 'em. And if I was a bettin' man --- I'd bet Jones' net worth is in point- blank range of a big bullet.

IMHO
Jones became wealthy from pushing a lie about Sandy Hook and other conspiracies on his show. But now a lie may end his career and put him behind bars. He perjured himself on the stand and in depositions. I doubt the court will let him slide on those lies.

Alex will just pay 4 million of which most of it those parents will never see if he happens to tie it up in litigation......but his career will be just fine because the way this country is set up -- it needs an Alex Jones.....

If there was no Alex, the CIA would just create another one....

Alex will just pay 4 million of which most of it those parents will never see if he happens to tie it up in litigation......but his career will be just fine because the way this country is set up -- it needs an Alex Jones.....

If there was no Alex, the CIA would just create another one....
You are defending a liar that put parents of murdered children in needless pain for years? Really?

You are defending a liar that put parents of murdered children in needless pain for years? Really?
Not defending anyone -- just telling you that the reason why Alex exists is because this country is full of ain't shit people........

And yes, if there was no Alex, the CIA would invent one....because Alex is great at making people search for bullshit conspiracies when the real issues are out in plain sight...

Much easier to have people looking for shape shifting reptiles and water turning your kids gay than it is to address real problems like how 1% of people own 50% of the wealth and how unsustainable that is

Not defending anyone -- just telling you that the reason why Alex exists is because this country is full of ain't shit people........

And yes, if there was no Alex, the CIA would invent one....because Alex is great at making people search for bullshit conspiracies when the real issues are out in plain sight...

Much easier to have people looking for shape shifting reptiles and water turning your kids gay than it is to address real problems like how 1% of people own 50% of the wealth and how unsustainable that is
The CIA does not create people like Alex Jones. Jones is a community college drop out that found he can get rich by sewing lies and crap to the MAGA faithful....cause they believe BS...like what trump has been feeding them for years.

From the link above:

"Alex Jones to pay more than $4 million — significantly less than the $150 million being sought — in compensatory damages to the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the Sandy Hook massacre...."

One shoe drops, but......but it seems there is a whole closet of 'em left.

"The Austin jury must still decide how much the Infowars host should pay in punitive damages..."

Compensatory.
Punitive.
And that is just the Austin trial.
Other trials to come.
Other trials to come where Jones has already been held culpable for defamation. And only monetary damages are to be adjudicated.
The initial $4,100,00 will likely look like chump change when the fat lady finally warms up her aria.

Alex Jones is now a down-range paper silhouette.
And up-range.....there are plenty of shooters on the line.
$4 million is just the start.

IMHO

------------------------------------------------------------
ps...forgive me for over-driving the nail, but.......but Alex Jones was a featured speaker on the stage at the Ellipse rally on J6.

He was there addressing the assembled rallygoers, along with Mo Brooks [in bullet proof Kevlar (no kidding!)], Rudy G., DonT Junior, and others.
Nothing but the best people.

I love America.
Despite its element of QAnon jackassery.
It makes it curious and somewhat interesting. Especially when that element ain't smearing poo on the wall of the Congress of the United States.

IMHO
The other shoe...in a veritable coming blizzard of shoes,,,LOL!

297740474_1395140960896840_8718483226084363725_n.jpg

Alex Jones is the dog crap that I scrape off the bottom of my shoe with a piece of bark. But he has opened up a new avenue of danger for trump and his cult. His phone has been compromised and they now have incriminating texts concerning MAGA and the efforts to subvert democracy. That may be more damaging than he 46 million he needs to pay for his lies about the Sandy Hook shooting. I read that there are some very "intimate" messages concerning Roger Stone. He is one that needs to be locked away. He and Rudy could spoon in their jail cell.

“There is going to be a large set of plaintiffs dividing up the corpse of Infowars. … That could get very, very dangerous for Mr. Jones, because there is going to be a new level of financial scrutiny.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is...with high-earning blokes like Jones who have long skirted societal norms the money they received by doing that....buys top-drawer financial advice. I think we got a peek into that when his ex-wife sought more money.

I highly highly doubt the plaintiffs will see much money.....both these parents of the killed boy of this trial, and the other parents of killed kids.
I kinda sorta think that Jones has long ago shuffled off assets into purposeful 'gifting', and shell corporations, and maybe some off-shore accounts.

So, the take away is.....the plaintiffs scored a moral victory.
One of America's dumbasses got publicly spanked. Righteously spanked.
But squeezing money out of the guy? Meh!
The moral victory is better than no victory.

Now if his phone and computer data reveal some illegal stuff.....well then, America wins. Our society wins. And we all will owe a sense of gratitude to these grieving parents who kicked that ball into the field of play.

IMHO

Forum List

Back