Alex Baldwin vindicated

No, it doesn't. The person holding the gun is the ONLY person responsible.

Had the jackass followed the rules she would still be alive.

Period.
A comment was made about whether or not Baldwin had time to put a live round in the gun.

My comment was in direct response to that one single point.

We were not discussing who was responsible for what but, rather, who had time to put a live round in the gun...

My point of questioning wasn't who all had the opportunity but whether Baldwin himself had the opportunity to load the gun. If the armorer or the director didn't load the gun as they claim, then one must also question who else had the opportunity to load it. Baldwin obviously got the gun from the director but did he have time from the moment he received the gun from the director to the time he pulled the trigger, to insert a live round into the revolver?

Even if a live round was placed in the gun by the armorer or Hall, it could not kill Halyna Hutchins unless the gun was cocked and the trigger pulled. I don't see how Baldwin can escape a major portion of the liability.

My point of questioning wasn't who all had the opportunity but whether Baldwin himself had the opportunity to load the gun. If the armorer or the director didn't load the gun as they claim, then one must also question who else had the opportunity to load it. Baldwin obviously got the gun from the director but did he have time from the moment he received the gun from the director to the time he pulled the trigger, to insert a live round into the revolver?
I’m not Baldwin’s biggest fan but I don’t think anyone really thinks he loaded the gun. That’s accusing him of intentional murder.

You have look at all possibilities to try and get the most information about the case. Questioning whether Baldwin could have done it is no different than questioning whether Hall or the armorer loaded the gun. Baldwin should be considered just as much a suspect as everyone else that could have brought about the death of Halyna Hutchins. You have to look past Baldwins tears and his being upset because those things can be faked and especially by an actor. You can't just take his word for it but you must investigate. The claim now that he didn't pull the trigger seems preposterous to me.

You have look at all possibilities to try and get the most information about the case. Questioning whether Baldwin could have done it is no different than questioning whether Hall or the armorer loaded the gun. Baldwin should be considered just as much a suspect as everyone else that could have brought about the death of Halyna Hutchins. You have to look past Baldwins tears and his being upset because those things can be faked and especially by an actor. You can't just take his word for it but you must investigate. The claim now that he didn't pull the trigger seems preposterous to me.
Well, sure, but the only conceivable reason Baldwin would have for loading the gun would be if he intended to kill her. It wasn’t his job. It couldn’t have been accidental, he would have had to load it secretly.

Unless some new evidence comes to light, it seems pretty far-fetched that Baldwin planned a murder, then loaded a prop gun in secret, then killed his target in front of a ton of witnesses and then created an elaborate pretense of being grief stricken. It’s like the opposite of a perfect crime.

obviously, if the evidence points in that direction those investigating would follow it. But I don’t it’s something they’re seriously considering.

The jackass still had to cock it, and pull the trigger.

WHILE POINTING IT AT SOMEONE!
His interview claim was that the AD herself asked him to point the gun away from the camera to get a good angle on it. This happened to be at her direction. In the script, Baldwin claims, the scene they were rehearsing called for him to pull back the hammer. That’s when he says the gun “went off” despite the fact that he didn’t pull the trigger.

I am not and don’t pretend to be an expert on guns. But as much as I dislike Baldwin, I think what he has said may have some possibility.

I’m content to wait and see what the forensic firearms’ analysis of the gun shows.

His interview claim was that the AD herself asked him to point the gun away from the camera to get a good angle on it. This happened to be at her direction. In the script, Baldwin claims, the scene they were rehearsing called for him to pull back the hammer. That’s when he says the gun “went off” despite the fact that he didn’t pull the trigger.

I am not and don’t pretend to be an expert on guns. But as much as I dislike Baldwin, I think what he has said may have some possibility.

I’m content to wait and see what the forensic firearms’ analysis of the gun shows.

Nope. The procedure would have been for him to point it to the side opposite the camera operator.

You NEVER point a gun at anyone you don't intend to shoot.

Period. That is drilled into the actors.

Nope. The procedure would have been for him to point it to the side opposite the camera operator.

You NEVER point a gun at anyone you don't intend to shoot.

Period. That is drilled into the actors.
That may be. But if the AD wanted a better camera angle and if he complied, then maybe it was all just an horribly tragic accident.

Seriously, I’m not here to defend Baldwin. I very much dislike him. But it is possible that things just went horribly sideways.

I’m not Baldwin’s biggest fan but I don’t think anyone really thinks he loaded the gun. That’s accusing him of intentional murder.

Those who got their panties twisted when he portrayed Trump on SNL are the ones who believe he intentionally murdered her...

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
It's fine that Baldwin won't face legal issues for what happened, but let's put this in terms that might be easier for the peanut gallery to understand. Instead of a movie set, let's put the situation at a shooting range, where several friends have gone to enjoy a day shooting at paper targets. They've done this many times in the past, and each of them has fired guns before. IOW, they've been around guns and are expected to know how to handle them safely. One of them says he's shooting a video to put on social media about how dangerous guns are and hands his friend a gun loaded (he thinks) with blanks and tells him to pretend to shoot one of the other guys. He proceeds to do so and somebody's dead. Who are we going to blame for the death?

1. The staff at the range, who are responsible to know what rounds are being fired?
2. The guy who accidentally put a live round in the gun?
3. The guy who pulled the trigger without checking to see what was actually loaded in the gun?
4. All of the above?

You see, legal issues are one thing, but when it comes to being responsible, Baldwin failed a very basic rule of gun safety because he did not know what he was firing. Kyle Rittenhouse is legally not a murderer, but that doesn't address why he was at the riot in the first place.

One final note: It would seem that the virulently anti-gun lefties in Hollywood who make their living firing guns in front of cameras need to take them seriously and learn the basic rules of handling them safely.

It's fine that Baldwin won't face legal issues for what happened, but let's put this in terms that might be easier for the peanut gallery to understand. Instead of a movie set, let's put the situation at a shooting range, where several friends have gone to enjoy a day shooting at paper targets. They've done this many times in the past, and each of them has fired guns before. IOW, they've been around guns and are expected to know how to handle them safely. One of them says he's shooting a video to put on social media about how dangerous guns are and hands his friend a gun loaded (he thinks) with blanks and tells him to pretend to shoot one of the other guys. He proceeds to do so and somebody's dead. Who are we going to blame for the death?

1. The staff at the range, who are responsible to know what rounds are being fired?
2. The guy who accidentally put a live round in the gun?
3. The guy who pulled the trigger without checking to see what was actually loaded in the gun?
4. All of the above?

The two situations are ridiculously dissimilar...

The two situations are ridiculously dissimilar...
In both situations a person is holding a gun, is going to point it at another human being and pull the trigger. In both situations, the shooter does not intend to harm the other person. In both situations, the shooter has the ultimate responsibility to know what's going to happen when he pulls the trigger. While Baldwin is (IMO) not guilty of murder, the case could certainly be made for negligent homicide. If he doesn't know how to check that a gun isn't loaded with live rounds, he has no business pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. At the very least, there was a really bad breakdown in safety controls.

In both situations a person is holding a gun, is going to point it at another human being and pull the trigger. In both situations, the shooter does not intend to harm the other person. In both situations, the shooter has the ultimate responsibility to know what's going to happen when he pulls the trigger. While Baldwin is (IMO) not guilty of murder, the case could certainly be made for negligent homicide. If he doesn't know how to check that a gun isn't loaded with live rounds, he has no business pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. At the very least, there was a really bad breakdown in safety controls.

They're remarkably dissimilar because, in one scenario, live ammo is expected to present...

They're remarkably dissimilar because, in one scenario, live ammo is expected to present...
I believe you're missing the point, which is that the person who pulls the trigger on a gun when he's pointing it at someone else is the last line of defense in keeping that person alive or killing them. There was a breakdown in safety control on the set where Baldwin did the shooting, but he's the ultimate, final control to check the gun and make sure it's not going to fire a live round. He failed, that's the bottom line. Like I said, I do not for a moment believe he did it on purpose, but I do believe he simply grabbed the gun they gave him and pulled the trigger without making sure he knew what was going to happen, and this is especially egregious because he was pointing the gun at someone else. I think all children should pass a mandatory firearms safety course before graduating high school. If they have to know how to put a condom on a banana, they should know how to render a gun harmless.

This in fact is why I don't own guns myself. I champion gun ownership rights but I have enough respect for things going wrong that I just don't have them in the house.

Alec Baldwin’s Denial: Expert Calls Chances Actor Didn’t Pull the Trigger ‘On a Scale of 1 to 10? Zero’​

Alec Baldwin’s contention in an in-depth interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos that he did not pull the trigger in the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of the indie film “Rust” has been met with skepticism from experts.

When asked by TheWrap to assess the likelihood of Baldwin’s statement being true, Steve Wolf, a movie armorer with more than 30 years in the business, said bluntly: “One a scale of one to 10? Zero.”

John Schneider on Baldwin's announcement:

I would think that if you take the gun and test it 20 times or more to see if pulling the hammer back but not to the point of cocking it and then letting go will actually fire the gun, then we would know if the gun really would have gone off as Baldwin states. My guess is that it won't.

John Schneider examines a single action Colt, similar to the one Baldwin used, which seems to show that Baldwin's story doesn't add up.

Forum List

Back