Alex Baldwin vindicated

What double standard? This isn’t about Cheney, it’s about Baldwin idiot. And ANYBODY handling a gun is responsible for checking it. Never mind being stupid enough to point it at somebody and fire. The fact you don’t know that is stunning. The civil suit won’t go well for Baldwin.
He was cleared by the police.

There's evidence that shows he was told the prop firearm had been cleared and was safe to use.

He was filming a scene where he was shooting towards the camera, where the Director and DoP were standing.

Somebody fucked up, but it wasn't Alec Baldwin.

That’s a question people won’t ask. Why was Baldwin pointing a gun (that he had not verified was actually empty) at ANYBODY and pulling the trigger? That’s an intentional act. Joking or not that certainly is negligent on his part.
I'm gonna go with joking around. He is a douchebag.

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
You never point a gun at a person. If you do violate that rule you definitely do not pull the trigger. It doesn’t matter if the weapon is loaded or not.

1635051785613.jpeg

You can't clear an automatic with the mag in.

They put dummies in wheel guns so they appear loaded on camera.

Clearing a prop gun is unrealistic. That's why they hire professionals to handle them.
Reading is fundamental.

From my post

Ok.

Clearing

Remove magazine

Pull slide back and lock into position
visually verify chamber is clear of rounds, and ALL obstructions

Yes...they put dummy rounds in everything in the weapons...revolvers or semi automatics, that is why I provided pics, you stupid motherfucker...you adhere to STEP 3 per my post

visually verify chamber is clear of rounds, and ALL obstructions

Clearing a prop gun is NOT unrealistic...Brandon Lee was killed on set by a dummy round that was wedged in the chamber from the previous day's shoot.

VERIFY CLEAR

VERIFY CLEAR

he didn't verify the firearm was safe.

BIG no-no.
I remember one time my step father showed me his newly purchased 1911 style 45 auto.

He handed it to me and I asked if it was loaded. He said it was not. I dropped the magazine and racked the slide and out popped a round.

I check to see if firearms are loaded when someone hands me one and if I don’t know how I ask the owner to show me it is unloaded.

In a different incident I had borrowed a .22 revolver from my brother in law while I was on vacation, I did some target plinking with it, cleaned it and returned to to him. When I handed him the gun he asked if it was loaded and I said, “Of course not.“ He then pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger eight times. I considered becoming angry with him but I knew damn well the gun was unloaded plus he was just an asshole to begin with.

One time a couple visited our house as I was just finishing cleaning a handgun after shooting it that day. They visited for a couple of hours and I was in and out of the room several times. When the visitors left the husband mentioned that I had checked to see if the firearm on the table in front of me was loaded five times while they were there. I replied. “If the gun leaves my hands I check to see if it magically loaded itself the next time I pick it up.”

Pretty sure a single action Colt has no safety. I could be wrong

Something fucked up was going on there. Guns had gone off several times without their triggers being pulled and that may have been what happened here.

And there should have been NO...ZERO live rounds anywhere on that set
I haven't heard that the type of gun was released to the public. Where did you hear about it?

No. The gun had been loaded with a dummy round, that still had a primer. When fired, the bullet separated from the casing and lodged in the barrel. On a subsequent shoot, the gun was loaded with blanks. Firing one of them pushed the bullet out, killing Brandon Lee.
Where are you getting this information from?

He's a shitlib moron who knows fuck all about weapons.

Like handing a toddler a rattle snake.

Unless you personally cleared a weapon you should ALWAYS verify clear upon receiving it.

Actors are told not to. It can and will change the condition of the prop.

double standard noted.

ji25kxn0i9v71.jpg
Agreed: Actors are NOT responsible for inspecting weapons and ammo: that is the responsibility of the armourers, and they have specific words they use, handing the weapon to the actor saying, "Cold gun!" meaning it is safe, loaded only with blanks. There is a LOT of shooting in movies, and things are moving fast --- of course they have to have certain people responsible for the fake gunfire.

Oh -------------- wait --------------- are all we Trump supporters supposed to be raging against Baldwin because he is on the LEFT??? I didn't realize that; I thought we were analyzing the situation as a matter of fact and procedure.

I'm not playing Blame Baldwin. I think someone slipped in a couple live rounds to cause trouble: there shouldn't have been ANY live rounds on that set ---- what could be the possible use for them?
Murder. That was the use for them. Or a sort of homicidal union manslaughter, since the vandal couldn't know who would get shot, if anyone.

And there should have been NO...ZERO live rounds anywhere on that set
That's it. That's the real point that I bet the courts find: it was malicious mischief by someone. Why would there be live rounds anywhere around? It makes no sense unless murder or mischief was intended by someone who had access to the gun.

And that can't have been Baldwin! The gun was handed to him as a prop. Unless they can prove Baldwin was messing with it earlier, I'm going with union mischief intended to protest the bad conditions on the set.

He was cleared by the police.

There's evidence that shows he was told the prop firearm had been cleared and was safe to use.

He was filming a scene where he was shooting towards the camera, where the Director and DoP were standing.

Somebody fucked up, but it wasn't Alec Baldwin.
Baldwin won’t face charges, but you’re still missing the point. Gun safety doesn’t cease to exist because you’re on a movie set. Like I said in a previous post, Baldwin just took a crash course in gun safety in the worst possible way.

Last edited:
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
More people have been accidentally killed by 'unloaded' guns than loaded ones.

How many people have been handed 'empty' guns, not verified it themselves, and shot a child or a loved one?

Are they vindicated too?

Or is the person who fired the shot the one responsible for not VERIFYING the gun they held was unloaded?

I literally just bought a firearm last week...fresh from the factory... shipped to my FFL in the box. The first thing I did was remove the cylinder and make damn sure it wasn't loaded...then and only then did I check it for functionally and sign for the transfer.

This is basic gun safety...not rocket science.

How does the saying go...if I don't do it myself, I leave it to someone I trust less than me.

Baldwin learned this the hard way... and it cost a woman her life.

It's funny listening to these right wing, ass clowns. Now they want Baldwin hanging by his nuts over something that is perceived to be an accident, but these some ass clowns will turn around and try and defend cowards who murder a young black man jogging down the street or a coward who stalked a young black teenager and murdered him.

ya, and if somebody innocently attended a trump rally on jan 6 they're suddenly in jail

AB is just as guilty as everyone involved

He was told the gun held no bullets?

First rule of gun handling,

Trust, but Verify
All guns are loaded, ALWAYS.

Never treat a gun as unloaded, EVER!!!

That's why it is actually safer to load all guns with a round in the chamber. Nobody ever gets accidentally (negligently) shot with a loaded gun. It's always those unloaded guns.

John Schneider knows what he is talking about:

Great video. I’ve been saying all along to stop calling this a prop gun. It was a real gun obviously capable of firing live rounds. Alec Baldwin clearly has responsibility in this.

Forum List

Back