Alex Baldwin vindicated

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
Baldwin was responsible for checking the status of the pistol. Cardinal rule of gun safety: you never take someone's word that a gun is loaded, or unloaded. Another cardinal rule: treat all guns as if they're loaded.

Baldwin is 100% responsible for this killing.

He was let off because of who he is, not what he did or didn't do....The two-tiered system of law enforcement and justice in action again.

Far more likely is that he's not yet been charged because it was an accident...

Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
Vindicated that he did not intentionally murder her?

Lets give him a fucking parade. He was not trying to murder her.

Quite a high bar to set.

Was he from the local area? I missed that.

It wouldn't be unheard of for someone to travel from Hollywood to another location to work on a movie, you know...
She, I've been told and yes she's a local and not union. She's the daughter of an armorer and not an experienced propmaster. This was her second job.

She, I've been told and yes she's a local and not union. She's the daughter of an armorer and not an experienced propmaster. This was her second job.
Can you cite your source for that?

I'm not suggesting you're being anything but truthful. I just haven't any of that yet...

I never believed there was criminal intent on Baldwin's part. However since he is the producer of the film where the shooting took place he and or his company maybe subject to a civil suit.

Can you cite your source for that?

I'm not suggesting you're being anything but truthful. I just haven't any of that yet...
Somebody up-thread got all offended when I said "he" and posted a link with all that in it. I read it, but I didn't bookmark it or anything.

The trump people will never apologize for anything.

They can say and do the most abhorrent things but will never apologize.

Ever.

The investigation into this has always been an accidental shooting.

Not a criminal one.
Negligent homicide is a crime.

How is Baldwin not responsible? I'm certain that will be his position in court, but who pointed the gun at the cinematographer and who pulled the trigger?
Baldwin is not responsible because he used it in good faith, he was told that the gun was unloaded.

‘The same mistake may have occurred on Thursday, according to court records. An assistant director, Dave Halls, handed Baldwin the prop gun and told him it was a "cold gun", according to an affidavit from the sheriff's office that was filed as part of a search warrant application.
[…]
It is unclear why the gun contained a live round. The person in charge of weapons on set is known as an armorer; the armorer for "Rust", Hannah Gutierrez, had set up the gun and two others, according to the affidavit.’

That conservatives are trying to advance the lie that Baldwin was somehow ‘responsible’ is yet another example of the dishonest, reprehensible right.

I've got a crisp, new $1 bill that says no such apologies will be forthcoming...
I hate Baldwin and make no apologizes for what I said about him. (You may want to look up what was said before trying to bash Baldwin haters. YOU should be the ones apologizing for what you are saying about Baldwin haters.

Baldwin is not responsible because he used it in good faith, he was told that the gun was unloaded.

‘The same mistake may have occurred on Thursday, according to court records. An assistant director, Dave Halls, handed Baldwin the prop gun and told him it was a "cold gun", according to an affidavit from the sheriff's office that was filed as part of a search warrant application.
[…]
It is unclear why the gun contained a live round. The person in charge of weapons on set is known as an armorer; the armorer for "Rust", Hannah Gutierrez, had set up the gun and two others, according to the affidavit.’

That conservatives are trying to advance the lie that Baldwin was somehow ‘responsible’ is yet another example of the dishonest, reprehensible right.
He's is going to get sued for it-----his production, they hired the non-union Gutrierrez (assuming that the union people that he forced off the set didnt put the bullet in wanting to caused trouble for the production.)

I hate Baldwin and make no apologizes for what I said about him. (You may want to look up what was said before trying to bash Baldwin haters. YOU should be the ones apologizing for what you are saying about Baldwin haters.
Hold you breath.

No, really, please. Hold it until I apologize...

So if I hand you a gun and you take it and shoot someone, that's not your fault?
Not if you are the armourer on a movie set, and you yell, "Cold Gun!" as you hand it to me. That's what an article today said was sworn in an affidavit to a court dealing with this situation. So ------ if that's true, the armourer or the person standing in for that person certified it as "cold" when he handed it to Baldwin. Who shot a couple people, then yelled, "Who gave me a hot gun??!"

Baldwin is an uneducated idiot.

Second rule after clearing a weapon, is trigger discipline.

The LAST thing you do with a weapon is put your finger on the trigger.

If your finger is on the trigger then you intend for a round to go down range.
That’s a question people won’t ask. Why was Baldwin pointing a gun (that he had not verified was actually empty) at ANYBODY and pulling the trigger? That’s an intentional act. Joking or not that certainly is negligent on his part.

Not if you are the armourer on a movie set, and you yell, "Cold Gun!" as you hand it to me. That's what an article today said was sworn in an affidavit to a court dealing with this situation. So ------ if that's true, the armourer or the person standing in for that person certified it as "cold" when he handed it to Baldwin. Who shot a couple people, then yelled, "Who gave me a hot gun??!"
if I handed you a gun and yelled its not loaded and then you pointed it someone and shot them youre as much at fault if not more than me,,

New Topics

Forum List

Back