Alex Baldwin vindicated

BaldClinton.jpg

I'm still unsure of what happened...

Someone made a massive mistake.

Live ammunition with real bullets should be under lock and key if on site whatsoever. Why they were not locked away but instead loaded into a prop gun is a good question...

Then when a director handed the actor the gun he was taking the responsibility himself...and either knew or thought he did and didn't even look.

No competent propmaster will allow live ammunition anywhere NEAR a set. It simply isn't allowed. There are MANY safeguards that have been developed over the years to ensure the safety of actors and crew when weapons are on set. Clearly this propmaster failed to do their job. Baldwin failed to follow simple gun safety rules that I KNOW for sure he has been told, and that is never point even a blank loaded gun at anyone.

That's nice, but we aren't in grade school anymore. Adults have to make assumptions on the best data they have all the time.
Sometimes, under no pressure or benefit for quick response, if you just wait, you don't have to make assumptions.

oh wouldn't this go over big with Hollyweird.

Randazza Tweet: Around 350 deaths have been caused by accidents sustained on film and TV sets. I think we should either outlaw making movies, or at least have very serious controls on making movies. If it saves just one life, it is worth it.
Over how many decades and how many total films?

Baldwin might face some serious civil law suits but he has deep pockets until his career starts to tumble while people snicker behind his back and the tabloids have a field day and H'wood moguls stop taking his calls.

It was NOT Baldwin's responsibility to check the gun. I read about this and the responsibility is the armourer's and they often have two. Could Baldwin even have told the difference between the rounds? Not clear!

There is a union problem here ---- they may have switched in locals because the union people were walking off the job due to bad conditions. And this may be why there was a live round put in: someone wanted to cause a lot of trouble for the movie. The workers did have a lot of complaints.

Well, that worked ----
So if I hand you a gun and you take it and shoot someone, that's not your fault?

Last edited:

The 24-year-old head armorer of Alec Baldwin's movie 'Rust' told a podcast she 'almost didn't take' her last job because she wasn't sure if she was 'ready'​

Forum List

Back