Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
Alec Baldwin, liberal Democrat, frequent contributor to the Huffington Post and actor, displays less than exemplary parenting skills. Should he lose his visitation rights? I don't know, but I see a new Playstation in Ireland's future! Seriously, this is pretty sick. I think Alex needs help.

Bassinger isn't much better, releasing the tape to the public is dirty pool.

Alec Baldwin's Threatening Message to Daughter
Posted Apr 19th 2007 2:57PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Celebrity Feuds

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

'Alec Baldwin's Threatening Message to Daughter'...with updates

Audio...

I heard the voicemail.

Im no psychotherapist but it doesnt take any more than the experience of a parents divorce to see what the issue is.

What everyone needs to understand is that Alec is really just venting on his daughter what he feels for Kim.

if you imagine everything he says in the message he is unconciously saying to Kim Basinger, it gives a different perspective.

These two have been fighting for years about custody.

They are both powerful people in their own minds who feel they deserve respect.

Im not defending what he said necessarily, but he is obviously misdirecting his anger and frustration with Kim at his daughter, plain and simple.

Im sure Kim has had an influence on her own daughters attitude toward Alec and maybe even incited a little rebellion toward good ol dad.

He snapped. it was wrong and now he is going to lose any visitation rights he had, probably until she is 18.

Theyre divorced, and they dislike each other, its not a big secret.

He snapped at his daughter cause Kim is old enough to tell him to go fuck himself.

Poor guy is arrogant and frustrated.

And he is a baldwin. nuff said.

Thank you! You are the first person who hasn't tried to justify his taking it out on his daughter (I posted a similar thread at another board).

As a father who has suffered through a similar situation, I know how frustrating it can be, but you never take it out on the kid, never.

It's obvious Mr. Baldwin has issues, anger issues particularly. He recently ran afoul of fellow cast members while performing in a play in New York. I am of the opinion that he will need to deal with his anger issues before he sees his daughter again, and rightfully so.

(BTW, I only mentioned his party afiliation and liberal leanings as a means to generate some interest in the thread, I would have posted the same thing if it had been James Woods. Hell, I don't even dislike Baldwin, I think he is a damn fine actor.)

He's a lousy, pompous actor - and apparently his parenting skills are even worse.

But, as I will never pay to watch one of his films, he's a non-entity afaic.

He's a lousy, pompous actor - and apparently his parenting skills are even worse.

But, as I will never pay to watch one of his films, he's a non-entity afaic.

I would have to agree about his parenting, but his performances in Glengarry Glen Ross and the Departed were both top notch.

Not watching a piece of cinematic art because you don't approve of the politics of one of the actors is like not drinking fine wine because you disapprove of the color of the label.

but why am I not surprised?

You never saw The Departed? Sucks to be you.

wasn't he awesome in the movie? the only weak link I thought was Martin Sheen's not-all-that-convincing Boston accent. Walburg was awesome... Jack was stunning, and Leo should have been nominated for THAT role before Blood Diamond, no doubt!

I would have to agree about his parenting, but his performances in Glengarry Glen Ross and the Departed were both top notch.

Not watching a piece of cinematic art because you don't approve of the politics of one of the actors is like not drinking fine wine because you disapprove of the color of the label.

but why am I not surprised?

Hell, I'll even watch Sean Penn movies. I usually wait until they hit HBO, but still.

You never saw The Departed? Sucks to be you.

There are plenty of good films which do not feature Alec Baldwin.

If you define non-suckage of existence as being dependent upon the viewing of Alec Baldwin films, then I can only say I am glad I have a different value system.

wasn't he awesome in the movie? the only weak link I thought was Martin Sheen's not-all-that-convincing Boston accent. Walburg was awesome... Jack was stunning, and Leo should have been nominated for THAT role before Blood Diamond, no doubt!

I thought is was amazing. Definitely deserved best picture. It's also the one of only three movies I've ever bought the soundtrack for.

Hell, I'll even watch Sean Penn movies. I usually wait until they hit HBO, but still.

like I said, not watching a movie because of the politics of an actor in it is fucking ridiculous.

but then.... I have always thought you were...fucking ridiculous and a flaming gasbag of flatulent righteous indignation, so I am definitely not surprised.

There are plenty of good films which do not feature Alec Baldwin.
STRAWMAN!!! Who the Hell ever said that?
If you define non-suckage of existence as being dependent upon the viewing of Alec Baldwin films, then I can only say I am glad I have a different value system.
(Gah! More Strawmen! I'll just ignore 'em this time)

But why the Hell would you miss out on the awesomeosity that is The Departed? You're definitely going to want to reconsider your value system (I recommend secular humanism with a dash of left-libertarianism). If you're willing to deny yourself the greatness that is The Departed over something as unimportant as Alec Baldwin then it really sucks to be you.

It just not a priority for me. If you like the film, groovy for you. I am not anymore inclined to watch it just because you are insulting me for not wishing to.

like I said, not watching a movie because of the politics of an actor in it is fucking ridiculous.

but then.... I have always thought you were...fucking ridiculous and a flaming gasbag of flatulent righteous indignation, so I am definitely not surprised.

I've been a member for three weeks and you've drawn this conclusion already? I think I've been fair and honest, I'm no neocon, I'm generally liberal on social issues. Wow, talk about judgemental.

Now, if you were referring to someone else, never mind.

You must be a charming dining companion.

Mr Conley: This haggis is really delicious!

The Date: I really don't care for haggis; I'll have the orange roughy instead.

Mr Conley: IT SUCKS TO BE YOU!

I've been a member for three weeks and you've drawn this conclusion already? I think I've been fair and honest, I'm no neocon, I'm generally liberal on social issues. Wow, talk about judgemental.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to other participants in this thread. Probably an accident.

You must be a charming dining companion.

Mr Conley: This haggis is really delicious!

The Date: I really don't care for haggis; I'll have the orange roughy instead.

Mr Conley: IT SUCKS TO BE YOU!

Actually, I prefer, "Well obviously your parents abused you as a child."

In all seriousness, however, I don't have a problem with you not seeing The Departed. What concerns me is the reasoning you've employed. Sure, you might not like Alec Baldwin's politics, but he's just one actor in one part of a great movie. He's already paid, the movie's already a success, and Scorsee (finally) has his Oscar. You're seeing/not seeing the movie isn't going to change anything, so why not go see a great movie simply because it's a great movie. There are no doubt hundreds, possibly thousands of people who poured their heart into this movie, why so callously throw aside their efforts over something as petty and inconsequential as politics?

I was not referring to you, but bo-dicka

Forum List

Back