Aldi pulls out of South Side of Chicago

I wouldn't ever step foot into an Aldi. So if the company is struggling....good deal.

A spokesperson for Aldi said company officials made the difficult decision to close the store, citing crime and poor sales: "Our decision was based on several factors, including repeated burglaries and declining sales. Out of concern for our employees and customers, keeping this store open was no longer a sustainable option. All of our employees have been given the option to continue working at one of our other ALDI locations in the immediate area."

Aldi abruptly closes Auburn Gresham store due to crime, poor sales, spokesperson says

I bet it had something to do with the shopping cart deposit.....They would not take a EBT card. ;)
That's Chicago for you. Surprise!!!! Not.

I sometimes give a buddy a ride to one, he likes it. I generally find something different to buy. I never really pay attention to prices on small items like food. Mmm, except higher cuts of meat. I still hesitate there. More out of old habits.

BUT this is kind of irrelevant to the issue(s) of why the store is leaving, and what that means for the area and America, AND the blind reaction of those effected and incapable of learning.

nothing tacky about food you dumbass,,

if you had a brain you would know all the do is have major brands can or supply their goods with the aldi logo at a cheaper price,,
When Aldi came to the UK, I gave them a go. I bought two tins of sardines in oil, opened the first tin, took a mouthful and spat them out, I don't like sardines in car oil. We cooked a pizza, bit into in and spat it out. Dreadful. A customer gave me a bottle of red wine, took a mouthful and spat it out, must of been fermented from piss. If you want a tool or pair of shoes etc.. to last 33 seconds, buy them at Aldi.

I used to eat mixed nuts as part of a fitness plan, and against my better judgement, I listened to a family member and went to Aldi because they were so much cheaper. Yes they were, but because of the size difference, they were only 7p cheaper and they were just nut fragments, probably the pieces swept out of the factory machines and off the floor.

I think Chicago's image has just gone up losing Aldi.

There's an old saying, you get what you pay for, pay cheap, get cheap.

When Aldi came to the UK, I gave them a go. I bought two tins of sardines in oil, opened the first tin, took a mouthful and spat them out, I don't like sardines in car oil. We cooked a pizza, bit into in and spat it out. Dreadful. A customer gave me a bottle of red wine, took a mouthful and spat it out, must of been fermented from piss. If you want a tool or pair of shoes etc.. to last 33 seconds, buy them at Aldi.

I used to eat mixed nuts as part of a fitness plan, and against my better judgement, I listened to a family member and went to Aldi because they were so much cheaper. Yes they were, but because of the size difference, they were only 7p cheaper and they were just nut fragments, probably the pieces swept out of the factory machines and off the floor.

Well, I'm not sure what you want from a frozen pizza, but the nuts I've seen for sale there, look fine to me.

And really this thread is not about the quality fo the store, but the fact that they didn't feel safe operating in an American city.

That's a serious issue.

well arent you a special person,,,

and yet you spent your time complaining about quality,,

Well, I'm not sure what you want from a frozen pizza, but the nuts I've seen for sale there, look fine to me.

And really this thread is not about the quality fo the store, but the fact that they didn't feel safe operating in an American city.

That's a serious issue.
Chicago doesn't seem to get a good rap on American forums.

Chicago doesn't seem to get a good rap on American forums.

Well, as Americans it kind of sucks to see our cities ruled by political machines that hold control due to constant race baiting and corruption AND, do a completely shit job on running them, turning them, literally, into Third World blood soaked shit holes.

Those of us over a certain age, can remember when this nation was a great nation capable of doing great things.

It makes us angry to see that being ruined right in front of us.

Well, as Americans it kind of sucks to see our cities ruled by political machines that hold control due to constant race baiting and corruption AND, do a completely shit job on running them, turning them, literally, into Third World blood soaked shit holes.

Those of us over a certain age, can remember when this nation was a great nation capable of doing great things.

It makes us angry to see that being ruined right in front of us.
Empires last on average 250 years, obviously some less and some longer. The USA is 250 years old in 2026, so is it on the decline?

The day the US starts to reduce military funding, that's when the decline accelerates. I'm all for military funding, the UK's should be doubled.

We have way too much of that already. We cannot continue to outspend the next 7 countries combined while also running more than a 30 trillion dollar national debt

New Topics

Forum List

Back