Alcoholism

Has it affected you, a family member, loved one?

I've seen my share over the years.

Hope I don't regret this post.

Gads.

I've seen far more than I ever wanted to.

Started drinking at 14. I quit drinking in May 1994 after 40 years of heavy drinking. Going on 26 years of sobriety.

That is pure gold, Hossfly. Good for you.

I'm struggling everyday right now, with my brother who lives with me.

Started drinking at 14. I quit drinking in May 1994 after 40 years of heavy drinking. Going on 26 years of sobriety.

You kick your brother out..

He will probably die

I am fortunate as alcohol was never a problem for me... I have done some drinking in my time but was never something I chased around... Don't get me wrong as I have an addictive personality and have been down some lonesome roads... I haven't had a drink in over 10 years... I really can't remember the last drink I had... Strange how we as human beans are built different...

:thup: Hoss...

He will probably die

I won't kick him out.

He will probably die

I won't kick him out.

My wife and daughter joined Al-Anon and talked me into going to rehab. It worked. Al-Anon is for non-drinking family members. Here's a link.

Help and Hope for Families and Friends of Alcoholics

He will probably die

I won't kick him out.

My wife and daughter joined Al-Anon and talked me into going to rehab. It worked. Al-Anon is for non-drinking family members. Here's a link.

Yeah... I know, he's been drinking since he was very young and it seems we've tried everything in the years since. But thanks very much and any and all help should be posted anyhow.

I am so glad for you Hoss. I know it's hard to admit and quit.

I haven't tried a witch. Some kind of curse or something, lol.

He will probably die

I won't kick him out.

Yeah... I know, he's been drinking since he was very young and it seems we've tried everything in the years since. But thanks very much and any and all help should be posted anyhow.

I would try Al-Anon. Many recovering alcoholics attend the meetings and give valuable advice. They talk about the dos and don'ts and how to cope. There will be a local chapter near you.

He will probably die

I won't kick him out.

I would try Al-Anon. Many recovering alcoholics attend the meetings and give valuable advice. They talk about the dos and don'ts and how to cope. There will be a local chapter near you.

I used to go back in Cali. Maybe you're right and I should look for one here.

He will probably die

I won't kick him out.

Getting pushback on the religion thing. The higher power and such.

It is terrible. And it is a disease. Nobody chooses to behave insanely. But it is manageable. Kudos to those who got in front of it, and those who support them.

Going through it now. Not fun.
Good luck to you, sir. I've been an alcoholic since my late teens (I'm 58 now) and I've learned how to live with it. Most of the time I'm able to abstain from drinking. But other times, not so good. I've accepted that it's something I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life.

I turn into sam Adams when I drink kicking the red coats asses.. only problem is Boston is a police state now, and alway get in trouble lol

It is terrible. And it is a disease. Nobody chooses to behave insanely. But it is manageable. Kudos to those who got in front of it, and those who support them.

Going through it now. Not fun.

Not fun is right!

You know... back when James and I married and still knew everything there was to know... this is the life we planned. Almost. It's almost perfect. Then it's this way instead.

I will never turn my back on him and I still haven't given up on hope and ideas. I still think of kicking his ass up around his elbows though.

And I have the best husband on the planet.

Forum List

Back