Alchemy of the Mind...

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
So, um, my computer is actually working well this morning and I am so happy to have found another book with such depth that I *just* must post about it. Who else can I share such with? :lol:

Deep thinking seems to be essential to healthy living and it also seems to make a very big difference with the immune system...

It was brought up in the 'Energy' section under the Crop Circles topic I had started... Alchemy. So much about the Alchemy of the Mind is important and should be studied by anyone to thinks about things beyond mere appearances, IMO. :)

AN ALCHEMY OF MIND - Diane Ackerman

“One of the most surprising facts about human beings is that we seem to require a poetic version of life,”

Does poetry have the ability to help us better connect ourselves to the deeper things from within? It seems most likely possible.

I'm not the devoted scholar that I would love to become but I have come across a most interesting read... It is entitled, Ovid's Metamorphoses. Has anyone within the board read it?

Classical E-Text: OVID, METAMORPHOSES 1

OVID was a Latin poet who flourished in Rome in the late C1st BC and early C1st AD, during the reign of the Emperor Augustus. His most celebrated work is the Metamorphoses, a poem in 15 books recounting stories from Greek and Roman myth. His two other myth-themed works were the Fasti and the Heroides.

I won't go into detail how phenomenal the medical undertones can be, and yet that may also be something I am personally putting to it all. :eusa_angel:

The Internet Classics Archive | Metamorphoses by Ovid

^^ Here ^^ is an internet source if anyone else is interested.

What of poetry? Does anyone else find that it helps them? That it is soothing? Sometimes when I watch movies and tv... it seems so obvious to me how humanity reaches out and sometimes even screams to humanity in hopes of helping... the desire some of us have to empower one another is sometimes just as phenomenal as the profound depths of space unimagined.

• Banned
so... see all is M... M being metamorphoses? Of course, I can understand that, do you?

Humans understand the world as metaphor.

Poetry (that works for us) is a refined version of that experience.

• Banned
There is also this other site... Not sure about the video as my computer may be having a better day, it just doesn't seem to be so good that it will allow videos in a timely fashion... Krishnamurti From what I have read, it doesn't seem too outlandish, and yet some things considered and labelled as such are exactly what I find most interesting and revealing. *hearts* Even if they be merely revealing about none other than myself to myself.

Forum List

Back