Albert Einstein or?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
When you look at this picture you see it's Albert Einstein.

But if you stand 15 feet away it will become Marilyn Monroe.

Now what do you think of the reliability of eyewitness testimony?

Attachments

• $aemm.jpg
    $aemm.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 67
having been an 'eye witness' twice......i was dead on....i described the people both times to a t...but when ask about the truck one was driving.....all i could tell them was the truck was cream....no make, no model....but i have the license tag number too. but neither time involved violence so i was able to focus...when ask about the men....one had dyed his hair that threw the police but i was still positive of the identification....

There are better examples of the fallibility of eyewitness testimony. For instance there's the selective attention experiment, where people watched a video of people passing basketballs around. They were instructed to count how many times certain players passed them. What they weren't told is that a man in a gorilla suit comes in during the video directly into the center of the people passing the balls. When questioned about it, most people hadn't noticed the gorilla at all.

Here's the video for those interested:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo]selective attention test - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back