Alabama Tide is low

Final score 45-31...I think Alabama should next year tune up with more games against the likes of FAM(ily) U and/or Beth Cook(ing) school.

Georgia State and Chattanooga indeed. Seems to come back and haunt them. Playing good team outside of their conference and away from home is not helping Alabama in the least.

Final score 45-31...I think Alabama should next year tune up with more games against the likes of FAM(ily) U and/or Beth Cook(ing) school.

Georgia State and Chattanooga indeed. Seems to come back and haunt them. Playing good team outside of their conference and away from home is not helping Alabama in the least.

We lost to a good team. Kudos to OU.

But let's not get too stupid about it. We also beat some very good teams, and have every year for a while.

Next year we'll be back with a vengeance.

Right Alabama will be back to their normal shit schedule Staring with the 4-8 Mountaineer and moving on to power house in Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss and finishing their non-conference powder puff schedule with Western Carolina...yeah that should get them into the playoffs.

Right Alabama will be back to their normal shit schedule Staring with the 4-8 Mountaineer and moving on to power house in Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss and finishing their non-conference powder puff schedule with Western Carolina...yeah that should get them into the playoffs.

LSU, OLE MISS, AUBURN, TEXAS A&M, MISS STATE, ARKANSAS, are no pushovers. Okla played WEST VIRGINIA, along with Univ Louisiana-Monroe, and perennial powerhouse Iowa State. Oh, and Okla lost to a piss poor TEXAS team.

Last edited:
OU would have had a better ranking had it not been for so many injuries on the team through the season.
I was amazed that Stanford was beaten and Nebraska wins.
Tonight will be my second fav team, The Cowboys of Okie State.
When Jimmy Johnson was their coach he had losing seasons.

Last edited:

WVa may have been 4-8 this year, but when these schedules were made up they were in the hunt for a BCS game, if not the BCS Championship.

It must be tough for you to watch another team do what the Crimson Tide has done, while your team fell short of that by a significant margin.

As for out of conferences games we won, how about beating Michigan? Or Notre Dame? Or Penn State? Or Clemson? Or VaTech? Or Texas?

Show me a team that has only ranked teams on their schedule? lol I'll look forward to seeing that list.

LSU, OLE MISS, AUBURN, TEXAS A&M, MISS STATE, ARKANSAS, are no pushovers. Okla played WEST VIRGINIA, along with Univ Louisiana-Monroe, and perennial powerhouse Iowa State. Oh, and Okla lost to a piss poor TEXAS team.

Those are all conference games...If you notice I said non-conference games.
Iowa State and Texas are members of the Big 12 and conference games for Oklahoma.

Apples and oranges...Alabama plays only one non-conference team with a BCS team. 4-8 WV. Why won't Alabama play home and home with teams from the Big 10, Big 12 or the PAC 12? When they did play someone from the BIG 10 it was a once only at a neutral site.

WVa may have been 4-8 this year, but when these schedules were made up they were in the hunt for a BCS game, if not the BCS Championship.

When was WV ever in the hunt realistically for the BCS championship?

It must be tough for you to watch another team do what the Crimson Tide has done, while your team fell short of that by a significant margin.

You don't even know who 'my' team is.

As for out of conferences games we won, how about beating Michigan? Or Notre Dame? Or Penn State? Or Clemson? Or VaTech? Or Texas?

Home and home? I don't think so. Beside Michigan which was on a neutral site, when was the last time they played any of those team outside of a bowl game?

Show me a team that has only ranked teams on their schedule? lol I'll look forward to seeing that list.

Having at least one would be nice. Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Western Carolina and even WV don't come close to qualifying as a ranked team and the first three have never been ranked in the top 10 ever. Not sure if even the top 25 at the end of the season.

Last edited:

When was WV ever in the hunt realistically for the BCS championship?

You don't even know who 'my' team is.

Home and home? I don't think so. Beside Michigan which was on a neutral site, when was the last time they played any of those team outside of a bowl game?

Having at least one would be nice. Florida Atlantic, Southern Miss, Western Carolina and even WV don't come close to qualifying as a ranked team and the first three have never been ranked in the top 10 ever. Not sure if even the top 25 at the end of the season.

No, I don't know who your team is. Because you spend your time hating on the winners and not saying anything about your team. What a great fan.

Alabama plays plenty of ranked teams. In fact, year in and year out, we probably play as many ranked teams as most major programs do. The fact that we have so many top teams in our conference means we let the little guys get a good payday a couple of times during the year. But our record against the top teams (regular season AND bowl games) shows we have what it takes.

WVa is 3-0 in BCS bowl games, and owns the record for most points scored in the Orange Bowl when they whipped Clemson like a redheaded step-child.

But feel free to point out teams that don't have cupcakes on their schedule. Or feel free to brag about your fav team, if you have one.

I do have a favorite team...the Seattle Seahawks...

The majority of team Alabama plays that are ranked are in the SEC. You can cherry pick other teams all day long but the truth is Alabama does not play ranked teams consistently outside of their conference (unless its a bowl game) unlike teams in the Big 10, Big 12 and the PAC 12 who travel from coast to coast. Even little old Boise State plays more games against ranked non-conference teams than Alabama and that is a fact.
How does it feel too lose two games in a row? Being favorite by 14 and losing by 14.....have a good cry. Maybe next year will be your year to beat some team like Beth Cook(ing) school.

The majority of team Alabama plays that are ranked are in the SEC. You can cherry pick other teams all day long but the truth is Alabama does not play ranked teams consistently outside of their conference (unless its a bowl game) unlike teams in the Big 10, Big 12 and the PAC 12 who travel from coast to coast. Even little old Boise State plays more games against ranked non-conference teams than Alabama and that is a fact.
How does it feel too lose two games in a row? Being favorite by 14 and losing by 14.....have a good cry. Maybe next year will be your year to beat some team like Beth Cook(ing) school.

Yeah, most of our ranked opponents are conference games. So? Does that make them easier? Look at who has won the BCS Championship 9 out of 16 years.

As for cherry picking, your entire argument revolves around how many ranked, nonconference teams Alabama plays and you don't want to count bowl games. LMAO! How about we only count the games played in the afternoon? It is ridiculous. Bama plays as tough a schedule, year in-year out, as anyone.

But I can tell how well we have done by the level the haters will stoop to.

Losing two games in a row sucks, that is the absolute truth.

But winning 90% of our games over the last 5 years feels pretty sweet!!
Winning 3 BCS Championships in 4 years feels even sweeter!
Losing only 4 games in 3 years feels great!!

Iowa State and Texas are members of the Big 12 and conference games for Oklahoma.

Apples and oranges...Alabama plays only one non-conference team with a BCS team. 4-8 WV. Why won't Alabama play home and home with teams from the Big 10, Big 12 or the PAC 12? When they did play someone from the BIG 10 it was a once only at a neutral site.

What's your point, other than you don't know how tough the SEC is. 9 schools in the top 25 in the nation. And it's clear you know nothing about rivalries ether and how they tie up schedules.

Also the fact that you don't realize that most of these teams play mostly schools in their region and conference. If they want to schedule the Pac 12 or any other conference they have to agree years in advance.

It would be easier to do it if they were independent like Notre Dame, but they aren't. Besides, that's the purpose of bowl games anyway. To allow teams to play teams from other conferences without an agreement between the two conferences to do a repeat.

Last edited:

What's your point, other than you don't know how tough the SEC is. 9 schools in the top 25 in the nation. And it's clear you know nothing about rivalries ether and how they tie up schedules.

Also the fact that you don't realize that most of these teams play mostly schools in their region and conference. If they want to schedule the Pac 12 or any other conference they have to agree years in advance.

It would be easier to do it if they were independent like Notre Dame, but they aren't. Besides, that's the purpose of bowl games anyway. To allow teams to play teams from other conferences without an agreement between the two conferences to do a repeat.

He is hung up about ranked, out of conference, regular season opponents. He wants to dismiss the fact that Bama plays tough, ranked opponents in the regular season. The SEC. So its not about whether we play tough teams. It is about geography?

Alabama fan hurls herself at an Oklahoma fan at Sugar Bowl (Video)

Y! SPORTS

Looked like she had a few too many drinks of alcohol.
Perfect time for a free feel up.
Some people forget it's just a game.
Glad they used White Stripes for the music accompaniment.

He is hung up about ranked, out of conference, regular season opponents. He wants to dismiss the fact that Bama plays tough, ranked opponents in the regular season. The SEC. So its not about whether we play tough teams. It is about geography?

They don't notice that the Big 12 has , Baylor, OK state, Texass Tech, Kansas state . Texass is a huge rivalry with OU, and the two states that once almost went to war with each other over charging a bridge toll at the Red River, Yeee-ha!
OU also played Notre Dame and won this time. The SEC just got Texass A& M and Missouri. Missouri usually finished last or middle of the conference.

Last edited:

Arkansas sucks right now. The fans and the athletic director think they control the coaches, and in a way they do. Look what they did to Nolan Richards their men's BB coach.

Last edited:

Yeah, most of our ranked opponents are conference games. So? Does that make them easier? Look at who has won the BCS Championship 9 out of 16 years.

As for cherry picking, your entire argument revolves around how many ranked, nonconference teams Alabama plays and you don't want to count bowl games. LMAO! How about we only count the games played in the afternoon? It is ridiculous. Bama plays as tough a schedule, year in-year out, as anyone.

But I can tell how well we have done by the level the haters will stoop to.

Losing two games in a row sucks, that is the absolute truth.

But winning 90% of our games over the last 5 years feels pretty sweet!!
Winning 3 BCS Championships in 4 years feels even sweeter!
Losing only 4 games in 3 years feels great!!

Alabama looked damn good this year. It was the hurry up offenses that beat them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back