Alabama/Tennessee weekend! Roll Tide!

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Usually this game is played on the 3rd Saturday in October. But 2020 is anything but normal.

Bama has owned the TN Vols. The last time TN won was in 2006! In other words, the last time the Vols claimed a victory, you went to the mailbox in your yard to get your NetFlix dvd.

One of my favorite things about the AL/TN traditions is the victory cigars. Since 1961, the fans of which ever team wins light up cigars as part of the celebration. This extends to the lockerroom as well. Usually one or two players will buy the cigars, and when Bama wins they pass them out. The Alabama Athletic department then self-reports the NCAA violation. It is seen as a very minor violation. I assume the Vols Athletic dept does the same.

Usually this game is played on the 3rd Saturday in October. But 2020 is anything but normal.

Bama has owned the TN Vols. The last time TN won was in 2006! In other words, the last time the Vols claimed a victory, you went to the mailbox in your yard to get your NetFlix dvd.
As long as Tennessee starts that dumb-ass kid that lost the last two games this year....Tennessee doesn't have a chance.
I figured after the Kentucky game that they might give someone else a chance.....but the only way that Derentano kid will get pulled is by injury.

Yeah, whats the coaches obsession with that guy?
Maybe they just built him up so much, he doesnt have the balls to take him out lol

One of my favorite things about the AL/TN traditions is the victory cigars. Since 1961, the fans of which ever team wins light up cigars as part of the celebration. This extends to the lockerroom as well. Usually one or two players will buy the cigars, and when Bama wins they pass them out. The Alabama Athletic department then self-reports the NCAA violation. It is seen as a very minor violation. I assume the Vols Athletic dept does the same.
When I was a kid growing up, most adults were smokers. I hated being around anyone smoking. Both my parents quit smoking before I became a teenager, so I never joined the smoking club. At any rate, any tradition that involves smoking is a tradition I would avoid.

I like it that the big ten is only playing against big ten teams this year. And with Michigan and Ohio state in the big ten I think the winner should be in the final 4.

Itll probably be Ohio state though god damn it

I like it that the big ten is only playing against big ten teams this year. And with Michigan and Ohio state in the big ten I think the winner should be in the final 4.

OSU better be ready, if they want to win it all.

I wish Michigan were the best team in the big ten like back when bo shembeckler was coach. We used to be the winningest team of all time if I’m not mistaken and I was really hoping harbaugh would bring us back to that level. He took San Fran to the Super Bowl for god sakes

I wish Michigan were the best team in the big ten like back when bo shembeckler was coach. We used to be the winningest team of all time if I’m not mistaken and I was really hoping harbaugh would bring us back to that level. He took San Fran to the Super Bowl for god sakes

I had too many guys rant and rave about Harbaugh being all that. Going to win championship after championship. Bama & Saban better look out, there is a new sheriff in town, kinda crap. So I can't get upset about Harbaugh not making the grade. But when he is gone, I'll cheer for them to beat Ohio State.

Forum List

Back